Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

    I have been trying to get back to Canada for years just to score some Tim Horton Coffee.
    In my humble opinion it is so much better than $tarsuck$.

    Beer and coffee - who would have ever thought they would be Canada's best exports ;-)
    DaKahuna
    ___________________
    Will Hack for Bandwidth

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

      I think you can buy the un-brewed coffee at Tim's. I'd be glad to bring some with me to trade for swag if anyone is interested.
      I'm also thinking I might affix a maple leaf discreetly on my person to self identify eh.
      ...
      HC SVNT DRACONES
      I Dream of exploring the edges
      ...

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

        Being a N00b I don't think it's my place to plan anything.
        What about organizing a meal? Someone who knows the Rio/area find a restaurant with an affordable diverse menu (preferably with poutine of course) and offer to reserve a table.
        ...
        HC SVNT DRACONES
        I Dream of exploring the edges
        ...

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

          Originally posted by student_T View Post
          Being a N00b I don't think it's my place to plan anything.
          What about organizing a meal? Someone who knows the Rio/area find a restaurant with an affordable diverse menu (preferably with poutine of course) and offer to reserve a table.
          Feel free to set up a time/place and see who shows, just be aware that con time is chaos and orginizing more than a couple people to do anything is more akin to herding cats.

          I figured that the forum meet was a good place, timing was not as important since people can come and go.
          Never drink anything larger than your head!





          Comment


          • #20
            Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

            I think I misunderstood the purpose of a forum meet.
            As I said. N00b.
            I'll be at the forum event.


            Best regards.
            ...
            HC SVNT DRACONES
            I Dream of exploring the edges
            ...

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

              Originally posted by renderman View Post
              BBOX - Might take you up on that. Render
              No worries, just let me know how we can be of assistance.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

                Last year for Defcon I went to Walmart and bought a coffee maker, it was SIX BUCKS. Full carafe and everything. I think we buy a bunch of them and give them away afterwards. :-)

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

                  Originally posted by astcell View Post
                  Last year for Defcon I went to Walmart and bought a coffee maker, it was SIX BUCKS. Full carafe and everything. I think we buy a bunch of them and give them away afterwards. :-)
                  Was more thinking logistics with the hotel and not pissing them off by supplying our own. Some hotels want to provide everything (at thier prices)
                  Never drink anything larger than your head!





                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

                    Originally posted by renderman View Post
                    Was more thinking logistics with the hotel and not pissing them off by supplying our own. Some hotels want to provide everything (at thier prices)
                    FYI, I called last year about getting a coffee maker in my room after seeing that Medic had one in his room. They initially said it would be $50 a night...then later said that they weren't available due to the water hookups needed. I doubt seriously they would be able to accommodate this without a full drink catering setup.
                    Aut disce aut discede

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

                      Just curious to see if there any thing i can help out with here. I can bring down a tin of Coffee from Timmies or other such items if required.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

                        So you're planning to round up all the Canadians conveniently into one spot?

                        <ducks>

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

                          Originally posted by databeast View Post
                          So you're planning to round up all the Canadians conveniently into one spot?
                          We could initially be grouped by cities.
                          How many of us from Toronto?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

                            Originally posted by PolarBear View Post
                            We could initially be grouped by cities.
                            How many of us from Toronto?
                            more of you than want to admit it? :D (/ducks)

                            Seriously, though, we could also group by city AND hackerspace, since it'd be nice to introduce people to their local spaces, assuming we're not all somehow associated with them already.

                            I agree with the little pin/badge idea, too.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

                              Originally posted by Caspian View Post
                              more of you than want to admit it? :D (/ducks)

                              Seriously, though, we could also group by city AND hackerspace, since it'd be nice to introduce people to their local spaces, assuming we're not all somehow associated with them already.

                              I agree with the little pin/badge idea, too.
                              I'll be heading down today so if there are any requests for swag (coffee, Canadian flag patches, etc) let me know in the next few hours and I'll try to make a stop before taking off.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: DC 20 - Canadian Consulate?

                                If you bring the timmies then let me know what room you're in so I can pop by for a double double.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X