X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Non-Americans at the shoot- a very specific question

On a slightly diff note..

How hard is it to find shade ?

is that something to think about?.. I have countless people telling me how crazy hot it will be that time of year..

Comment

Originally posted by teflone View Post
      On a slightly diff note..

is that something to think about?.. I have countless people telling me how crazy hot it will be that time of year..
      http://deviating.net/firearms/defcon_shoot/

|

Comment

Shade? Are you kidding? Have you seen the SIZE of some of us?

Comment

On another note, can we get a 'fire in the hole' if/when someone fires off that .50cal that was there last year. The cannon was suprise enough, that thing was terrifying even on the other side of the hill.
          Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

I was six feet from the cannon as it fired. I think it sucked my toes out through my throat.

Comment

hmmm - bread crumbs and or bird seed -- maybe attract some live targets (birds, chipmunks, etc..)
              DaKahuna

Comment

True..but if I get shot at again, I'm blaming you. I'd blame the Oreo but I can't stay mad at it.

Originally posted by astcell View Post
                Bring Oreo cookies. They make very small targets, are biodegradable, and may attract live targets.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
                  True..but if I get shot at again, I'm blaming you.
                  I'll blame him too if I get shot at but everyone should be forewarned, I was trained to fire back when fired upon.
                  DaKahuna

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
                    I'll blame him too if I get shot at but everyone should be forewarned, I was trained to fire back when fired upon.
                    DaKahuna

Post 556? Serendipity remains my favorite goddess.
                    TSA luvs my Uzi.

"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started, and know the place for the first time." -T.S. Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by teflone View Post

is that something to think about?
                      well, it's something other folk have thought about... specifically, other folk meaning me. ;-)

the main reason for the registration fee at the DC Shoot is because that's what i use to pay for the rentals of the shade canopies, tables, and chairs. so it's not hard at all to find shade, if you're on the line or in the hangout area back a ways.

if you are neither of those places, it can be rather difficult to find shade. we are, after all, in a desert.
                      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by renderman View Post
                        On another note, can we get a 'fire in the hole' if/when someone fires off that .50cal that was there last year. The cannon was suprise enough, that thing was terrifying even on the other side of the hill.
                        You weren't on the other side of the back stop ;-)

xor
                        Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by FirmWarez View Post
                          We hit a bump in the road last week with ShortGrrl. Still hope to be there for DC20 and the shoot; it's been a bumpy year for us up and down, cross your fingers that it all works out.

If we are there, as always, our stuff is open to visitors. Some of my "stuff" requires that I (or ShortGrrl, for the "stuff" that is hers) be there "in control" of the item to make the ATF boys happy. Weapons regulated by the National Firearms Act of 1934 fall in to a special class, but we can still share them if the owner is "in control" of said item.

Information wants to be free, and the most important information is "they're just gun nuts; they're just homos; they're just hackers" -- they are no different from you and me, just people who want to live as they choose and experience what they want. That's how we live, and we're glad to share it, at the unofficial DC shoot, or at our place if any of you funny talkin' folks end up in Arkansas.

I'm happy to see that a little reaching out matters to you guys. Make friends, shoot what you can.

Rock on, hope to be there.
                          I'll be crossing all my little aussie fingers and toes for you guys, as you and ShortGrrl were very friendly and most welcoming last year, and I enjoyed your company (and your firearms!) immensely. You ever get the gremlins worked out of your AR? I was lucky enough to get through a clip without issue, but poor old Bigman tried three times without any luck. (He did get to fire the Browning though, so that worked out OK. :P) Hope to see you in a few short weeks!

Comment

PS: We're bringing a few more Aussies with us this year. Watch out for it. XD

Comment

Originally posted by fnaah View Post
                              I was lucky enough to get through a clip without issue
                              heh, magazine. you got a magazine to feed. clips feed ammo into old M1 rifles or keep ties from blowing in the wind.
                              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                              - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                                heh, magazine. you got a magazine to feed. clips feed ammo into old M1 rifles or keep ties from blowing in the wind.
                                Ah, yes, thank you. :) Apologies, too much bad TV and not enough time around real weapons. Stupid restrictive firearms laws!

Comment

Working...
                                X