No announcement yet.

Can you pick a lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it would be nice to see lockpick sales available at dc... I have seen a few kits available at swap meets, you know the kind that come with the picks (crappy tiny ones), and a cd rom... for like 10 bux.. anyway it is obvious you get what you pay for... but perhaps calling them letter openers would pass the legalise of it all ;) ... surely there are some metal workers out there who want to make a buck... fashionable letter openers... hmmm...

Comment

i can open a small combo one in 17 seconds but i havnt tryed anything else

Comment

Originally posted by jetforce4004
        i can open a small combo one in 17 seconds but i havnt tryed anything else
        Why haven't you tried anything else? You will only get better if you try many different things and practice.

Comment

OT ;)

Originally posted by highwizard
          Why haven't you tried anything else? You will only get better if you try many different things and practice.
          the same thing goes for women :)

Comment

Re: OT ;)

Originally posted by blackwave
            the same thing goes for women :)

If that's your sorta thing. ;)

Comment

Re: Re: OT ;)

If that's your sorta thing. ;)
              Sounds good to me!!
              the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
                it would be nice to see lockpick sales available at dc...
                I wonder if airport security would go batshit over trying to fly back with a set.. even if it is in the cargo luggage? I had to raise hell just to get my gps on the plane in Canada.. I can imagine they would be shitting cinderblocks over a lockpick set in the luggage..
                Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

they would prolly freak..i just found that i am gonna have to leave my tools at home during the con..my dad flipped when i said i was takin em with me..plus it is huge..like 3 tool boxes..hehe...lots of toys.:D

Comment

Originally posted by $-|-@R_Br33D
                    they would prolly freak..i just found that i am gonna have to leave my tools at home during the con..my dad flipped when i said i was takin em with me..plus it is huge..like 3 tool boxes..hehe...lots of toys.:D

Hey, you should post some pictures of all your toys. It would be cool to see all your tools.

Comment

Originally posted by che
                      I wonder if airport security would go batshit over trying to fly back with a set.. even if it is in the cargo luggage? I had to raise hell just to get my gps on the plane in Canada.. I can imagine they would be shitting cinderblocks over a lockpick set in the luggage..

Cause you know, all those terrorist that carry lockpick sets..

Comment

Originally posted by che
                        we had previously discussed how to camouflage one's lockpick arsenal by throwing the picks in a bag with various other common things such as a nail files, eyebrow pluckers, eyelash shaper, nail clippers... etc.. just put them in a bag... just don't put them on your carry-on and you should be fine. :) If they stop and ask you what it is, you can mention that you use it to push back your cuticles, or comb your nose hair..

Comment

You can always just join ALOA. The membership card will pretty much take care of any probs you run into with your picks being termed "burgular tools" which is really the only thing that you have to worry about as far as legality goes.

BTW...I take my GPS on planes all the time...I have never had a problem. Why were they giving you such a hard time about it?
                          perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris

BTW...I take my GPS on planes all the time...I have never had a problem. Why were they giving you such a hard time about it?
                            I have no idea what the deal was.. perhaps they thought I would hit someone over the head with it and take over the plane.
                            The whole fucking ordeal was odd.. they called me to be searched before the plane was even pre-boarding. They went through EVERYTHING in my bag; went through all the pages in my 2 books, smelled the shampoo and toothpaste made me turn on my laptop, gps, phone, and Handspring Visor. He got really pissy after he turned on my visor ( I had NSA pic as the opening graphic, attached). The only thing I can think of was the fact that I was wearing an EFF shirt and the graphic on my visor, but he was being a dick before he saw the visor.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Cause you know, all those terrorist that carry lockpick sets..
                              Sure! Terrorists could.. let's see.. use them to pick the door to the cabin of the plane.. yea.. that's it.. then um.. piss on the plane controls to short them out and cause the plane to crash! We need laws to prevent that!! How about PATRIOT act part II?

Before long, we are going to have to wear striaght jackets to fly..

Comment

who said profiling wasn't a bad idea? :/

I don't plan on ever flying unless I have to, but defcon would probably be the worst time for me to fly...

... this year i am trying to decide on getting a good cheeseburger detector, or getting plane tix ;) I really don't think they would let me on the plane with four cases of bawls, and liquor... not to mention whatever else is brought...

Comment

Working...
                                X