More WiFi fears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More WiFi fears

Another article that I just found is once again saying what kind of security problem wifi is, also points out that the defense department is meeting with members of the comp. industry about the "problem."

http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=14854
    ~:CK:~
    I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

"Apparently wireless computer networks are spreading everywhere like some kind of commie menace, soiling our precious military spectrum and making it possible for crafty terrorist hackers to get free Internet access."
    Oh no! Whatever will they do? Internet access without wires eh? They have that now? What will they think of next....perhaps some sort of machine that adds numbers together?
    Where's the dedication?

Comment

Originally posted by TwinVega
      "Apparently wireless computer networks are spreading everywhere like some kind of commie menace, soiling our precious military spectrum and making it possible for crafty terrorist hackers to get free Internet access."
      Oh no! Whatever will they do? Internet access without wires eh? They have that now? What will they think of next....perhaps some sort of machine that adds numbers together?

You know what scares me a lot more then those people flying planes into buildings. Its those people wanting to get things for free. Everyone knows there can't be free-stuff in this world. That would just be... horrible. So I feel safe in my home knowing that the DoD is shutting down people getting internet access and saving Osamas horde for later. Glad they got those priorities straight.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
        You know what scares me a lot more then those people flying planes into buildings. Its those people wanting to get things for free. Everyone knows there can't be free-stuff in this world. That would just be... horrible. So I feel safe in my home knowing that the DoD is shutting down people getting internet access and saving Osamas horde for later. Glad they got those priorities straight.

I agree, the DoD is just going nuts on anything that someone could use for info, soon libraries will be closely monitored for terrorists.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3k
          soon libraries will be closely monitored for terrorists
          Some libraries computers are being moderatored and installed with moderating sofware. Read the article at 2600 some were and heard it on of the hook

Even if i live in Canada thats still scary

Comment

Originally posted by /<3.

If you live in Canada, that should be the least of your fears.
            the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Way back in 1989 when laptop computers weighed 30 lbs and were given 10mb hard drives, a US Army soldier in Germany defected to the Soviet Union with one, chock full of information. 10mb! That's 7 floppy disks! Oh no! Well at that poit only laptops with two floppy drives because authorized for use by the troops, so that they could not defect with a hard drive full of information.

That is the same kneww jerk reaction we are seeing now. Of course the military uses hard drives today, they just had to understand what it was they were afraid of, adapt, and overcome.

This too shall pass and 802.11b will not be an issue, in time.

Comment

Originally posted by /<3.
                Some libraries computers are being moderatored and installed with moderating sofware. Read the article at 2600 some were and heard it on of the hook

As should be expected, I am gonna take the opposite viewpoint here. Libraries are Government run facilities. They have a right to monitor/moderate anything they want to. If a person is using a Government (albeit local government) owned resource they should have no expectation of privacy. If you don't like what the Gov. has to offer to you FOR FREE then don't use it.
                perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

the government offers it for free but you are paying taxes so accualy you are paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jetforce4004
                    the government offers it for free but you are paying taxes so accualy you are paying for it.
                    So? Your tax dollars pay for the roads too, but you can't use them without certain restrictions. Deal with it. ANY government program will have government restrictions. It SHOULD have some. Not everyone will agree with all those restrictions, but they are necessary so that the plurality of people can enjoy the resource.
                    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by jetforce4004
                      Right, we (as a nation, even if not you in perticular) elected these people that makes these laws. So they are using our tax dollars because we get them the authority to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                        So they are using our tax dollars because we get them the authority to do so.
                        hrmm.. arguable, but they do get the authority from something a little less tangible
                        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

I think speed limits are more comparible to filters than monitoring, I think monitoring network usage is a little too much, but I might see how filtering may be justified.
                          Where's the dedication?

Comment

Originally posted by TwinVega
                            I think speed limits are more comparible to filters than monitoring, I think monitoring network usage is a little too much, but I might see how filtering may be justified.
                            I dont like being censored or being monitered.....guess I am gonna have to learn to deal with big brother breathing down my neck.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3k
                              I dont like being censored or being monitered.....guess I am gonna have to learn to deal with big brother breathing down my neck.
                              I really do not like it, but as long as you are notified of it ahead of time, then at least you are able to decide if you want to do anything incriminating....speaking of such...where's BW lately?
                              Where's the dedication?

Comment

Working...
                              X