Defcon Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon Shoot

Anyone planning on bringing anything special to this years Defcon Shoot?
    Last edited by GodMinusOne; January 12, 2003, 17:45.
    You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Ummmm...Guns. And Ammo.
    .: Grifter :.

Comment

These could prove interesting targets....

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
        These could prove interesting targets....
        watch out kelvin....
        Where's the dedication?

Comment

i'm bringing my 140mm M1A1 turret....
          the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

I'll see what I can do. Last year we got the fine folks at Gem-Tech to come on down and bring some Class 3 goodies. We had a MP5, UMP, FN P-90, Colt AR-15 (select fire), and a M249 SAW. We also had a few supressed pistols and my supressed Rem. 700. Cal, Kel, and Doc (the main Gem-Tech folks) had a ball and will probably come back next year. Well, Cal will definately come back as he's a goon, but Kel and Doc probably will as well. They get a kick out of doing demos, so it shouldn't be too hard to convice them.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Is anyone planning on flying with their guns? I thought about bringing a couple of mine, but I figure it will be a pain in the ass to fly with them, plus have to worry about them being stolen in baggage claim, etc..
              Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

I'm gonna fly mine down. Not too sure how the new regulations work. Previous to 1/1/03, it was easy. Take your firearm, lock it in a container, put it in your luggage, lock your luggage. When you check in, tell the gal behind the counter that you need to declare a weapon. She'll give you an affidavit to sign (I Promise its unloaded and locked..etc). Sign it, unlock your suit case, put it next to the locked firearm, lock your bag back up and check it. As of 1/1/03, you are required to leave your luggage unlocked so that it can be searched (for your protection ;) ). First off, I will not send my unlocked bag down the conveyer belt so some minimum wage ape can 'search' my bag and relieve me of my pistol. Second, according to the letter of the law, I cannot technicaly comply with the new law. By putting my locked pistol in my unlocked luggage and checking it, I'm breaking the old law in order to comply with the new law. I'll let Cal from Gem-Tech explain it, as he just had to deal with this:

--
                As far as firearms go, it was just like before: declare the firearm, the counter droid wanted to see that the firearm was unloaded, I sign the tag (still the same old tag for Southwest, rev 1/00), put tag in with firearm, close and lock case.

The TSA goons then take the *unlocked* suitcase and "sniff" it. Only after they are done would they allow me to put a lock on the suitcase.

I'm told that at other airports the screening will happen in places where travellers are not allowed. In talking with a counter droid at Seattle, theywant me to give them the firearm in an *unlocked* case. The TSA goons will scan/sniff the bag and they will apply the lock to the case. Not sure how they resolve the issue of the TSA goon knowing the combination to a combination
                lock. Remember, the FAR (Fed. Air Regs.) require that the owner of the firearm be in sole possession of the key/combination to the lock.

Oh, one more thing, the same counter droid told me that when checking bags with a firearm, a "firearm inside" tag will be affixed to the bag. This tag will stay in place until the TSA goons screen the bag at which point it is supposed to be removed. Putting a "gun inside" tag on luggage is specifically prohibited by federal law.

So, my advice:

1) call ahead to *EACH* airport and find out their procedures. Websites could well be out of date, take the time and call.

2) arm yourself with the laws governing travel w/ firearms

3) write your congress critters and bitch about the hassle

4) get ready to deal with knuckle dragging, mouth breathing cretins spouting phrases like "for your own good", "nobody else has a problem with this", and "just doing my job".

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

Whoever has the biggest sob story about traveling with a firearm should get a free 500 rounds on an M-60. :)

You can always send them UPS next day air to yourself at the hotel. Guns cannot go via US Mail but can travel UPS. That way they are insured as well.

Comment

Watch out which UPS method you use..Firearms HAVE to go via air..cant ship them via UPS ground.

Comment

I was thinking about using the UPS method if I sent them so the TSA goons would not get to play with them. They may put their eye out or something.
                      Of course, it will probably cost out the ass to send a rifle and a pistol...
                      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

TSA goons...(((shutter))). Man they are the most dangerous people at the airports.

I think UPS drivers are one rung higher on the evolutionary ladder.

Comment

no hating on the ups drivers. ours is cool as hell.(hell == cool??) although all that coolness comes at a price-- your packages must be dropped kicked and crushed by every person that comes in contact with it. oddly the small packages- the ones that the machines are capable of handling never get damaged.

--simple3

Comment

Originally posted by simple3
                            no hating on the ups drivers. ours is cool as hell.(hell == cool??) although all that coolness comes at a price-- your packages must be dropped kicked and crushed by every person that comes in contact with it. oddly the small packages- the ones that the machines are capable of handling never get damaged.

--simple3
                            Before shipping any firearms, refer to the ATF 'Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide' (ATF P 5300.4)

http://www.atf.treas.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/qa.pdf

B8) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U. S. Postal Service?

A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. A nonlicensee may not transfer any firearm to a nonlicensed resident of another state. The Postal Service recommends that longguns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms.

(B9) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by carrier?
                            A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by carrier to a resident of his or her own state or to a licensee in any state. A common or contract carrier must be
                            used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract
                            carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm. [18 U. S. C. 922( a)( 2)( A) and 922( e), 27 CFR 178.31]

Another Good Site for Shipping info is:

http://www.gunbroker.com/user/ShippingGuide.asp

Comment

I'm pretty new to owning guns and all, and was wondering if I would be able to bring the guns that I own in California to Nevada. I figure that I probably could, but want to make sure. Also I frequently bring my girlfriends .357 magnum with me to the range and out shooting, but I'm only 18. And laws here in CA say that you must be 21 to purchase a handgun, but I can possess one if I have permission from the owner. Does it work that way in Nevada too? I just want to make sure that I don't get raped in the ass by the law if I go to the shoot and get "caught" with weapons.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X