No announcement yet.

DEF CON 11 PRinted Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are you anti - program BW? A schedule of events detailing the bare bones information will suffice for you? Do you feel that all the other "stuff" - the thank yous, writings, artwork, etc isn't necessary?
    blackbeetle

Comment

Originally posted by blackbeetle
      So are you anti - program BW? A schedule of events detailing the bare bones information will suffice for you? Do you feel that all the other "stuff" - the thank yous, writings, artwork, etc isn't necessary?
      just give me a double sided laminated man page and i will be happy :) i'd rather have the money spent towards getting more wireless coverage, or cheaper refreshments...

don't get me wrong defcon is all about having a great time with a great community that gives, but no need to get wasteful.

Comment

spoken like a true utilitarian
        blackbeetle

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
          just give me a double sided laminated man page and i will be happy :) i'd rather have the money spent towards getting more wireless coverage, or cheaper refreshments...

don't get me wrong defcon is all about having a great time with a great community that gives, but no need to get wasteful.
          I gotta disagree with Mr. Wave here. I dig the program. I also liked that layout of the DC 10 program the best. The size was good. The info was good. The one thing that could have been improved was if the schedule actually had where the speakers were going to be. On the AP map it showed where breakout was, but the other areas just said "Tent 1 Speaker Area" and "Tent 2 Speaker Area."

It would be good have the program say something like:

Wireless and Routing--Apollo Ballroom
          11:00 speaker 1
          12:00 speaker 2
          etc.

I know that there are last minute changes to when/where speakers will be, but at least it would give an idea of what track is geneally in what place.
          perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

I really liked the glossy programs ala DCX. Some sort of pull out at-a-glance schedule would be a nifty cool addition. I have to say, it was sort of hard to find the talks I wanted to go to in last year's program, and then once I found them, I couldn't remember where they were, and find them again. I also dig the "Meet the Goons" idea... I really like the idea of profiling the people that make the whole thing happen. As for size, nothing bigger than a moderate magazine would be best, I think. Last year's was good, but the way it was folded/stapled and the weight of it made it pull apart really easy if you dropped it and caught it by an edge (something the size of it seemed to make happen frequently).
            the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

What about page format and size? Small and thick like the TVGuide? Big and tall like W magazine? Square? Round? People in the past have asked for "pocket size"...
              I'd prefer closer to pocket sized. Last year mine got all bent up because I had to drag it around for the program schedule (mighta been cool if that part had come out so I didn't have to drag the whole thing around).

Comment

A program that is part of the badge or can be attached to it would be very convenient.

Comment

I liked last years program quite a bit too, great size and all..

Would it be possible to make up an insert of sorts with primary info that could be carried around? or is it an either/or kinda thing? not necessarily flashy, but info-packed, and preferably durable.. like a laminated doublesided 3x5 card with 8-10pt font sectioned off with little white space between sections.... a DC11 cheat card, if you will...

I really wouldn't want to constrict the entire program to a pocket-sized thing, but I wasn't about to carry it around with me all weekend, and rarely went back to my room
                  if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                    I dig the program.
                    Don't get me wrong; the program was quite dig-able... In fact I have three of them in pristine condition in my defcon archives... I didn't carry mine around because it was too nice to have folded up in my pocket, nor did I put it in my backpack since it was a pain to go throught the process of finding it, etc... I pretty much waited for someone to leave theirs behind and use it for the duration of the con... I ended up just ripping out the pages I was interested in, such as the speakers and just folding that into my pocket for easy access :) ...

Comment

Would you be willing to pay for the laminated, attacheable schedule?
                      blackbeetle

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                        I gotta disagree with Mr. Wave here. I dig the program. I also liked that layout of the DC 10 program the best. The size was good. "
                        Chris. Atleast we know you are not a Size queen, like astcell.

Double side white pieces of paper with printed schedules work better then having it inside a program, as least all the seminars/events we have run do it this way and people like it a lot better. With perhaps a details thing like Chris said above. If it had to be changed later people can do this themselves and not have to worry about damaging their coveted programs.

Comment

you bet, ESPECIALLY if I could hang it along with my badge without looking out of place (and without it giving me a neck-ache) :)

Comment

Maybe a page in the program that says DO NOT THROW THESE PEOPLE IN THE POOL. Then show the goons. Oh, Peter Shipley too, because he has never been mean to me. :D

How about a large program AND a pocket version?

Comment

That would be too cool... badge-sized and hangable.. could probably fit quite a bit of info on it too, talks, major events, etc. I'd definately buy that, from the dc vendor table, at reg...
                              if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Wew could do large and small but at the cost of, likely the badges. So if you are all willing to give up any type of "cool" badge, then I am sure DT can be convinced to shift the monies over to dual programs.

What if the pocket size were just 1 color and bound, no color pics and the big program the deluxe version?

And what kind of poster could you possibly want in the program? Goon head shots? Grifter's wife as a pinup?
                                blackbeetle

Comment

Working...
                                X