No announcement yet.

Paintball Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was I thinking. I meant racoons! Coyote would be a good target too, they are mean dudes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
      What was I thinking. I meant racoons! Coyote would be a good target too, they are mean dudes as well.
      Pellet gun then. For the racoons I would suggest trapping them if you really wanted to get rid of them. There should be some rental store that you can rent a racoon trap from. We had a couple and had to trap them then let them loose at a park about 20 miles away. But pellet gun all the way anything that induces pain should do the job.
      The penguin is watching.
      "The DefCon forums dont reward knowledge, but punish iggnorance." -Noid

Comment

Originally posted by EeeekPenguins
        When I get home I will take some pics of my Spyder and my dads Tippman and post them BW.
        Cool. Have you modified your Spyder any?

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
          Cool. Have you modified your Spyder any?
          Not yet. Just put an electric hopper on it and a remote and thats it. Iam going to buy a new barrel soon when I have the money but I have been saving money for my girlfriend's birthday.
          The penguin is watching.

Comment

I can't trap the racoons, I have no place to take them as I already live in the mountains.

Get your girlfriend a really good present and then say, "There, you're done." My wife wants to drop a quater mil on a new house, so much for the rockinest laptop you ever saw being with me at Defcon!

Comment

Not yet. Just put an electric hopper on it and a remote and thats it. Iam going to buy a new barrel soon when I have the money but I have been saving money for my girlfriend's birthday.
              Yeah I dumped a few hundred on modifying my pirahna.. I even had a few machined parts that I purchased... but never put on for the drop forward replacement to give a lot better balance with large tanks... I have a large eletronic agitator for the hopper as well... it is very handy when the marker is heavily tilted, and rolling around doesn't fuck up the reliability... though I do have to replace the elbow, in the last game I was in I cracked it so my hopper has a tendency to spin.. but I have camo covers for the hopper and the tank which sure has saved me during a few missions where people just walk right by me... the only thing that I hate is turning off the damn fan and agitator when people are nearby... it drops the reliability and vision (even though I do use scuba-whale oil for my mask) I still use the visor fan... but there was one game where my agitator gave away my position and 3 seconds later I was getting fired upon from 4 other people who heard and signaled my position.... though since they were blind firiing all I got was splatter through the reeds, and splatter doesn't count a deadman! :) ... at least on the field that I play... I also have a 6 large tube carrier pack that I have strapped to my back on suspenders, very handy when playing fast paint games that require a lot of cover fire... though it sucks when someone that is just playing the one game runs out of paint in the middle, and begs everyone else for paint while disclosing the position... I think I have done a little blue on blue for those types of dorks.

Comment

Oh yeah what ever you do dont buy a pump marker.
                Honestly I love my pump markers, Ill go head to head with an angel, cocker, whatever using my dinkey ancient PGP 12gram 10 shot stock marker, or my allmost as ancient Diablo pump gun with the nifty auto trigger. Both are well constructed markers and of course not being able to spray paint helps one work on their game a bit more.
                But when all else fails Ill just gas up the ol' autococker (98) and throw some paint with the rest of the crowd
                I like puppies

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgruff
                  Honestly I love my pump markers, Ill go head to head with an angel, cocker, whatever using my dinkey ancient PGP 12gram 10 shot stock marker, or my allmost as ancient Diablo pump gun with the nifty auto trigger.
                  Yeah those pump dealies, I can only smile at the (hardcore) fellas that have them strapped as secondaries... they certainly don't have the range of most markers out there though.

Comment

It helps you develop movement skills, stealth, and even your shot if you know you will maybe get one shot off before they come down on you like a ton of bricks. But not all pumps have bad range and accuracy. The Diablo and the Phantom have great range and are pretty damn accurate. As for the pistols like the Sheriden PGP, you have to be sitting right next to the target to hit them. especially when your 12gram runs low.

By the way, Yall ever get into the scenario game/big game type stuff ?
                    I like puppies

Comment

I dont know much about paintball like I said earlier but I was wondering how much it would aproximatly cost for a decent paintball marker, co2, paintballs and everything? Last I heard the markers were over $200 and the co2 and paintballs cost another few hundred. Could anyone tell me a place where I could buy some stuff without emptying my defcon spending fund.

Comment

You can buy a really good marker for under $150. CO2 is about $20 for a 12oz tank I think. If you want an electric hopper sepnd about $60. $50 for a good mask as well. That should cover most of your costs. Most fields charge you to use their paintballs because that is how they make their money.
                        The penguin is watching.

Comment

Mcgruff,
                          I used to have one of the first splatmaster's... very pimp, very accurate ... had a lot of fun with it... nowadays they won't even let you on the field if you have only a pump and everyone has custom jobs... I remember I went to one field when I first started and my baby was out of the box as I stepped and one of the judges saw my marker and said, you are in the advanced group over there... I said... but but.. I haven't even fired a paintball marker before... he said... yeah I've heard that before.. and pushed me off into angel hell... now that is one way to build up the skillz...

hell one kid was telling us how he brought his dad who was a deer hunter, and has a ton of heads mounted... but when he got onto the field he didn't know what to do... he told his son he wanted out... his son said, dad, they are just like deer... the dad said, deer don't shoot back... and he proceeded to hide in one of the plywood structures until the game was over...

... anyway getting hit just once in the tenders will turn you into neo for any incoming balls from that day one fo shizzle...

Originally posted by encrypt31945
                          Could anyone tell me a place where I could buy some stuff without emptying my defcon spending fund.
                          d00d.. don't even touch your DSF! wait until after Defcon to spend your money man... come on get a grip... a whole paitball setup that is decent, from the marker to hopper to mask and lens and fans and etc is gonna be a clean grand or so if you have jack right now... do don't you dare touch your DSF!... not now, it's too early.. if you want to get into something get into HAM radio, take your test and off you go... http://www.arrl.org/ ... but if you really want to pb, find a local place near you... don't bother getting them online, here where I live there are 5 pb stores within 5 miles... and they are all pretty good with prices... if you want to go cheap and good get a spyder/pirahna.. we posted all this up on the thread...

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                            Coyote would be a good target too, they are mean dudes as well.
                            yeah - but I use Federal 5.56mm 50 gr hollow point for those.
                            Gack
                            "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Comment

You can buy a really good marker for under $150. CO2 is about $20 for a 12oz tank I think. If you want an electric hopper sepnd about $60. $50 for a good mask as well. That should cover most of your costs. Most fields charge you to use their paintballs because that is how they make their money.
                              I remember the first time I went into a store and wanted to get the "special shop package" all beginner shit.. some tiny 7oz bottle, a vanilla hopper,... all stuff that you could easily upgrade for 10 dollars more for each item... the pressure was just right to get me to pay for his son's trip to college... my advice is go to a few shops and research, talk to the owners... you can always haggle, the markup on some of that shit is way up, so don't feel bad... one of my buddies just paid 600 for some marker... that is bullshit... i'd buy a glock for that much.

Comment

hmmm yeah... much more than 290/300fps and aiming is practically pointless too

I adore my impulse. My friend has the same impulse and a spyder SE... he's had air issues with his impulse and gladly reverts back to the spyder. I do really really need to find better goggs though. Mine are cheap and supposedly are antifog; but shit.. I run around for 10 minutes and can barely see through em

definately... I spent 600, but that included totally pimping out my impulse trigger, reg, etc.. not to mention my halo... and my badass Java HPA tank :)
                                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Working...
                                X