No announcement yet.

First Annual DefCon Lockpicking Contest Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey guys im starting to consturct a lockboard.. will anyone who has one take a pic of it so i can get some ideas for a lay out...another thing anyone working on picking tube locks..is it harded/easyer than pin tumblers? jsut kinda wondeing about them..

Comment

Originally posted by azma
      will anyone who has one take a pic of it so i can get some ideas for a lay out...
      Here is one that I have been constructing for a while now :) These babies get expensive quickly :)

Comment

Having trouble

Hey im haveing trouble with this brinks lock...i was reading about it and there are anti pick pins..any input about this would be nice

http://lockcity.com/brinks/Products2...ody%20Padlocks

Comment

Re: Having trouble

Originally posted by azma
          Hey im haveing trouble with this brinks lock...i was reading about it and there are anti pick pins..any input about this would be nice
          Just keep working at it, not much to it. If it is a brand new lock, it just needs to get broken in try lube (WD40 xor graphite but not both - else you get gunk that makes the lock defunct)...

I have a few brinks locks and they are all pickable and they all say they are using "Anti-pick spool pins" In fact go to Walmart and pick up the Brinks Model # 101-45091 House Key Padlock "Can be rekeyed to work with your existing house key" Bonus: This package contains everythingy ou need to re-key this Padlock to match your existing house key...

It comes with a pin Key decoder, Hex wrench, and a bag of colored pins.... it is ~12 bux and is like a thousand padlocks in one since you can re-key it easily....

Question for Kai: Are these locks going to be mounted on a lockboard, or are they going to be free to handle?... one thing I learned this past weekend was that picking a lock on a lockboard is hella-different than picking it in your hand... especially when picking upside down or standing in a weird angle.... phooey.... oh also do we need to bring our own lube (WD40, graphite), or even used to use them at all?

Comment

what model of brinks is it? it may have some spool or mushroom pins in it as you stated above.... a good way to find out if this is the case is to pick the lock as usual with the hook-pick . and when one pin binds if cininder moves alittle more then usual for 1 pin binding..

depending on how many spool/mushroom pins there are your only chance at picking the lock may be to attempt rakeing it with some diffrent picks and seeing what works
            -democow

Comment

Re: Re: Having trouble

Originally posted by blackwave

Question for Kai: Are these locks going to be mounted on a lockboard, or are they going to be free to handle?... one thing I learned this past weekend was that picking a lock on a lockboard is hella-different than picking it in your hand... especially when picking upside down or standing in a weird angle.... phooey.... oh also do we need to bring our own lube (WD40, graphite), or even used to use them at all? [/B]
              Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this. Been INCREDIBLY hectic!

First off, all locks will be mounted to "something" ;)! As far as weird angles go? mayyybeeeee! :D

As far as lube, not in the first two rounds period. The final rounds we'll be debating. If it is allowed, it won't be graphite, possibly WD. Either way, if lube is allowed, IT WILL BE PROVIDED BY US. This way we can control what goes on/in our locks.

Good questions on all this stuff BW, I really appreciate the feedback. I'll be getting up a FAQ on the page this week and I'll post here when it's up.

Kai

Comment

Working...
              X