No announcement yet.

What will the badges be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone seems to like the metal badges from DC 7 and 10 yet everyone complains about how much they weighed.

Is old school retro?
    blackbeetle

Comment

Are you really willing to wear the same shirt for 3 whole days? 4 in you come in and register early?
      blackbeetle

Comment

Opps! I forgot about that. The metal ones are the best then except for thier weight. If they were made out of aluminum they would be light but then the price would probably be higher.

Comment

I have a hard time understanding why so many people have issue with the weight. maybe I'm just insensitive to the skinner crowd, with the great weight ratio to the badge than I.

The only thing bad last year was the chain.. which wasn't so bad if you had half a clue to get a lot of the black stuff off before hanging it around your neck.. not that there was any water around or anything...
          if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by encrypt31945
            I liked the metal badges but the chains were really bad, they got my shirt all black even after I cleaned it. The metal badges are good because they last. I would like metal badges if there isnt any better suggestions. It would be cool if the badge was a defcon t-shirt! I mean hey it saves you $20.
            PErsonally I alwais bring the old badge holder, just in case... It was worth it last year ;)
            /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
              Image? come on now.. we have 5,000+ people running around doing God-knows-what to God-knows-who.. at least a good 200-300 of them have blue/pink/purple/ad infinitem coloured hair, a bunch running around dressed in duct tape...... and you are worried about our image... did I miss a memo or something?
              Yea but it would admit been alchoolic... And well, been good alchoolic we have to denie it! :D
              /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

The different badges are great. I have a ton of badges for all events I go to, Defcon or not. The Defcon badges stand out so well!

The metal badge from DC10 was very cool, I wish they were shinier, like mirrors. Lots of folks attached the chains in different patterns. I had plenty of space to print out my avatar on a floppy disk label and stick it to the badge.

As for the chain turning your shirt black, ahem, what were you doing at Defcon without a black shirt in the first place? Are you a fed or something? Or totally color blind?

Yes, the badges did feel heavy, but carrying it for three days was the most excercise I had all year. So it served a purpose I suppose!

Comment

Shinier... what about the old fingerprint on shiny problem?
                  blackbeetle

Comment

But bodily fluids run off easier. :p

Comment

Originally posted by euro12
                      Having never been to a defcon before, I don't know what the past badges have been (anyone feel like doing a rundown??)
                      Check out defconpics.org with enough browsing you will find out the different badge styles...
                      Here is the badge from defcon 10...

Originally posted by blackbeetle
                      Are you really willing to wear the same shirt for 3 whole days? 4 in you come in and register early?
                      Hell, no... only the goons should have to go through that sufferage/stinkage...

During DEFCON I already change at least 4 times a day after a nice refreshing shower, fat people melt faster and sweat in the sun more... we are like butter...

Originally posted by c0nv3r9
                      I have a hard time understanding why so many people have issue with the weight. maybe I'm just insensitive to the skinner crowd, with the great weight ratio to the badge than I.
                      Yeah I didn't notice any weight issues, but I probably had it hanging off one of my backpack straps most of the time... oh yeah and the fat thing... I should stop eating skinny people.

Comment

petr0l appreciates the effort.
                        the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

BW- Thanks I needed a reminder of.... last years badge.... yeah..

Why not have a badge like the FEDs have.... then spot the FED would be a little more difficult....

Just a thought

Comment

ooooohhhh....very cool.

leather flip sleve w/ DC "badge". all fed style. thats a GREAT idea...
                            the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Man that would be nutty. I doubt Defcon attendees would get any respect from anyone out of it, if anything I think the local law enforcement would lose face with their people since they have those "stinkin' badges" too.

And we don't want badge cases with flips and other stuff that's too complicated. After all, look who'll be there. SOme of those folks lock themselves out of their own laptop case.

And I think it is illegal for Canadians to own anything remotely looking like a badge.

Comment

hmm... I had a scary dream last night... we were at DEFCON.. but we didn't have badges, we had bright pink headbands... the horror! please say it isn't so....

Comment

Working...
                                X