No announcement yet.

Registration Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heh. well, He lived in Phoenix for 5 1/2 of his almost 7 years. I'm not sure he knows "half dressed" is unusual.. and yes, I was planning him being taken to Phoenix on Friday night and staying there. That's part of the reason I don't want to pay $75 to get him in.. not for just one day.
    besides.. I don't want him finding things in the bushes, I keep him out of the bushes. I agree the con's gotten a bit more out of hand in the last few years, but I'm fairly confident in my abilities to keep him out of trouble for one day.

And there are no local geeks. I'm in the middle of nowhere Idaho.
    but.. my question got answered. I do have to pay, I can't ( or won't) and it will wait another year, and then we'll see.

Comment

Haha. The pics are funny.
      His "nick" is bear.
      And he wants to know why blackwave's hair is only part blue. He thinks it should all be blue. He also says he'd have to be paid a LOT to wear one of those shirts.
      He suggests a $74 donation to the defcon cause, as he got $1 from the tooth fairy recently.
      and yes, he used the word donation. He just said it Doe Nat Ion.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
        Hey, I am a good influence... really I am... everyone should have blackwave as a mentor :D The world certainly would be better off... they could all wear little uniforms... yes, I can see the plan in my head now!... MuHahaha!
        A bunch of kids with blue hair would give you cult status.

We shall assimilate you into our wifi collective....
        "Just when I thought I was out.......They pull me back in"
        - Neural's Godfather moment

Comment

Originally posted by Jorwyn
          He suggests a $74 donation to the defcon cause, as he got $1 from the tooth fairy recently.
          Maybe if he goes up on stage friday and reads from the mentor's hacker manifesto. That would be worth the price of admission.

"This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike."

That would be leet. Actually that would be a sweet way to kick off the con with a little video. Bunch of kids playing at a playground and they stop and say a line or two. The crowd would go crazy.

Comment

Haha. The pics are funny.
            We are here to entertain you, and bear.

His "nick" is bear.
            Hi there little bear.

And he wants to know why blackwave's hair is only part blue. He thinks it should all be blue.
            Little bear has to know when to mind his manners, tell him not to stare... and tell him that uncle blackwave doesn't give a flying fuck of what little bear thinks, and to stay far away from uncle blackwave... even further away than that. :)

He also says he'd have to be paid a LOT to wear one of those shirts.
            Yes good, then maybe he can afford his ticket to DEFCON, since you can't. :D

Tell him his mommy would have to get her knees dirty :)

The new word for the day is Bukkake... Boo- cawk - eh.

heh. well, He lived in Phoenix for 5 1/2 of his almost 7 years.
            Hmmm... he sure seems to be getting older as this thread gets longer... I wonder by the time DC comes around if he will get so old that only you can come to the con... of course after someone has "dough neighted"...

I'm not sure he knows "half dressed" is unusual..
            It isn't unusual, it is what you are doing when you are half dressed that may qualify as out of loop. Monkey See, Monkey Do.

and yes, I was planning him being taken to Phoenix on Friday night and staying there. That's part of the reason I don't want to pay $75 to get him in.. not for just one day.
            Um, just in case you aren't aware DEFCON is THREE days long (or longer depending on when you come back into conciousness). Starting Friday Morning ending Sunday @ closing Ceremonies.

I agree the con's gotten a bit more out of hand in the last few years, but I'm fairly confident in my abilities to keep him out of trouble for one day.
            How about instead of using your powers of confidence to use your powers of responsibility of a parent. Either stop your bitching and pay the 75$USD.. there are no free meals on this bus lady... or find someone to take care of him while you are at DEFCON... which will probably cost more than 75$...

And there are no local geeks. I'm in the middle of nowhere Idaho.
            If you don't like where you live, move. :)

but.. my question got answered. I do have to pay
            in more ways than one :D

Comment

Originally posted by Neural

That would be leet. Actually that would be a sweet way to kick off the con with a little video. Bunch of kids playing at a playground and they stop and say a line or two. The crowd would go crazy.
              Heh... I might have to ask gigglebyte if she would like to do that. We don't have a video cam, though. You might have to settle for a reading at her webcam.
              the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

I think that would be funny to watch.

Comment

Well more and more kids seem to show up each year. A camera, some editing software, it could probably be thrown together in an afternoon. :)

Comment

that reminds me I need a new digital camera. I agree just have someone bring a camera and record it.:D

Comment

I'll have my camera there with my box that I do basic editing/encoding on, if you guys want to go at this
                      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

sounds good all we need now is a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by encrypt31945
                          sounds good all we need now is a kid.
                          Best be gettin' to the fornicatin', then.
                          http://bitshift.org

Comment

Originally posted by Neural
                            Well more and more kids seem to show up each year. A camera, some editing software, it could probably be thrown together in an afternoon. :)
                            Yes, but how many of them can read well? Most of them seem awfully young, and it seems they're just there for the novelty aspect.

Skoolz dun teech them to reed gud theez daiz. That's why they have 2 resort 2 l33t sp34k. Didn't u no that?
                            the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

who says they have to read? its not like your looking for one kid to break out into a dramatic portrayal of literature... teach them a short phrase or two from it and have them say it in front of the camera.. for those that can read, kudos
                              if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
                                How about instead of using your powers of confidence to use your powers of responsibility of a parent. Either stop your bitching and pay the 75$USD.. there are no free meals on this bus lady... or find someone to take care of him while you are at DEFCON... which will probably cost more than 75$...
                                Dude..that was harsh. Someone must be having a bad hair day or something. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X