Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zziks
    my next question :
    next year if i record each set and burn them to mp3 cd would you buy a one?
    Sure, but only if it was released under GPL. ;)
    Virtutis gloria merces

Comment

i perfer the files to be free i was just hoping if i do this i can recover the costs of the cds.
      the only question in life is , Why?

Comment

I'd buy a CD next year. Pretty sure most of the people I was there with would too... we were talking about how it was some of the coolest dance music we'd heard in a while.

Comment

B and W Ball sets

Ideas....
          Possible to get someone crazy to burn a bunch of MP3s or whatever after the B and W ball so there can be sets for sale in the dealer room around 10-11am when it opens?

I was trying to think of a cost that would be good to everyone who was involved...maybe like $10 a cd or something, and all djs/bands etc would get a cut of like .75 or something each and you guys got the rest and $ was distributed at close of the dealers room on sunday around 4:30?

ideas ideas....

Jackalope
          ======================================
          DJ Jackalope
          dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
          ======================================

Comment

Re: B and W Ball sets

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
            Ideas....
            Possible to get someone crazy to burn a bunch of MP3s or whatever after the B and W ball so there can be sets for sale in the dealer room around 10-11am when it opens?

I was trying to think of a cost that would be good to everyone who was involved...maybe like $10 a cd or something, and all djs/bands etc would get a cut of like .75 or something each and you guys got the rest and $ was distributed at close of the dealers room on sunday around 4:30?

ideas ideas....

Jackalope
            thats kind of the track i was on , if i were to set this up id have to plan on recouping my costs for the cd duplicator and cds
            just brainstorming , i need to talk to bink and see if this a option

Zz...

Comment

Having to get suited up to hear the Minibosses did sort of suck.

Mega Man 2 made it all worth it.

--Dan

Comment

It be awesome to get ahold of some of the sets from this years B&W. If any djs wanted to make theirs available it would totally rock.
                “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

B&W Feedback

We are cool with the sale of our defcon sets, anything that helps promote our band is always cool with us.

I just watched a video of our defcon set and the lights ruled this year.

I'd like to see a few tricks to up the B&W attendance for next year.. Maybe we could have a B&W ball costume contest, drink specials or something.

your thoughts?
                  I'm sure you know exactly what I mean,
                  When I say it's a shpadoinkle day.

Comment

Drinking specials would be kool, also maybe a nifty contest for swag, maybe a raffel for some neato prize. The cd idea is great, cause i would have to buy one, especially if Jackalope was on it ;)
                    ~:CK:~
                    I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

I would buy a cd or two.. as a matter of fact I was wondering why the DJ's themselves didn't bring a bunch of CD's to hawck while they were working... that would have been the shat and it would give a bit of incintive for the DJ's to keep showing up.... thatx to everyone that made this year what it was
                      If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

I like the idea of a fashion show (tnx CD!!) now if we can only fit in the roster for next year, I see themes for b&w, best Geek, Best Tech, most original, "WTFURW?" (What the fuck are you wearing?) .
                        For swag we would need a sponsor for b&w. it would be great if a Crew Could sponsor the B&W ball for next year. We really want to bring a quality product for you guys, and having the support of a crew sponsoring the event would allow us to have a bigger and better B&W, where we could have events.

BTW Corrupt data your set rocked. I listen to it when I’m attempting to navigate traffic in LA it makes for a fun experience.
                        Zz...

Comment

I think a costume contest with three or four different themes is a great idea. We could announce in the rules that the judging takes place between 10pm & midnight & the winners are announced at 1am (you have to be present to win). To keep the freaks there a little longer we can announce the winner of the "What the fuck are you wearing?" contest at 2am.

I still think the biggest attendance draw would be drink special or sell armbands for $5 for all you can drin keg beer.

Last years unofficial winner of the "What the fuck are you wearing contest" goes to the freak in the bull horns.

Comment

ROFLMAO!... now that is some great shit.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
                              ROFLMAO!... now that is some great shit.

come on BlackWave.... don't encourage them
                              If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Siviak, I read once encouragement is oxygen for the soul.

Anyone else have any ideas that could boost attendance or make the ball more fun?

Comment

Working...
                                X