No announcement yet.

Girlfriend Badges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe an after hours badge or something might work out ok or a single pass like a ticket or something to the B and W ball...but much as I hate to say it, if you're there for con, you're there for con...

I talked to a lot of people who went to the doors at the black and white ball only to be turned down while trying to get in by something they were wearing. I understand the concept of trying to make it a classy joint (it allready is, its DC!) but the security was very inconsistant - i dont know if it was AP security or Goons, or the 100 year old guys running around.

but with dress code::: the more people who come the more its worth it for DJs, bands, light and sound people who put time into the night.

(I can't talk, I got in trouble for bringing my own beer.)

lopeydope
    ======================================
    DJ Jackalope
    dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
    ======================================

Comment

Originally posted by {x}taSy
      what about pets?
      I'm sure my dog would love going to Defcon.
      why not have a special "pet" badge?
      Maximus would love it, just keep him away from the beer. :D
      ~:CK:~
      I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

bull shit! if there is a $25 non-talks badge, income and talk participation will drop to nothing. we cant just start E-ticketing some aspects of con. i vote for all or nothing as far as the badges go.
        the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

i vote for raising the price to 100 USD and limit the max number of humans...

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
            i vote for raising the price to 100 USD and limit the max number of humans...
            Virtutis gloria merces

Comment

Wait just one nanosecond, I dont consider myself to be human, so Im all good.

But on a more serious note, blackwave could be right. DT could get a bigger place and there would be no more lines for a year or few. The only problem I have with this is that I like the whole atmosphere of the AP. We are allowed to do some crazy shit there (such as pool parties) because we basically take it over.
              Virtutis gloria merces

Comment

Originally posted by 0versight
                Hey there's already something like that called BlackHat

Somebody beat you to that idea.
                1200 for blackhat versus 100 for defcon equals a big difference...

Comment

Originally posted by ripshy
                  DT could get a bigger place and there would be no more lines for a year or few.
                  Honestly DT was right at closing ceremonies, it would take years to bend and twist another venue to tolerate defcon the way the AP does... so limiting the max number of attendees would work best, hopefully meaning less lines... and raising the rates would instantly kill the people bitching about "girlfriend badges"... perhaps wiping out the extra 1000 of scenewhores out there... :D

Comment

...raising the rates would...
                    I would happily pay an extra $25 for defcon, its well worth it in my opinion.
                    Virtutis gloria merces

Comment

1200 for blackhat versus 100 for defcon equals a big difference...
                      an extra $25 wouldn't be bad at all, it would mean that i would have to not rent a few videos, skip a movie or miss a friday lunch.

look at it this way you only have to save an extra $.07 day over the year.
                      "so many books, so little time"

Comment

Can I bring my 175 lb Great dane and my naked love slave too for a special discount? The love slave does have this taking shits on chests fettish so she'd fit right in!
                        Yes I'm back bitch!

And darker than ever

Comment

$100 for the Defcon ain't bad at all. I'd still be there with all the extra cash needed for swag and "extras".

nice to see Siviak made it back to the forums... finally slept it off huh?
                          “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

The price of DEFCON

Once again, this is my very first defcon, however I have been to numerous computer related conventions, seminars, and the like and never have I seen the price of admission so reasonable. This is the only software/computer related event I have attended that went for less than 100 bucks! I would gladly pay more if it helped make the con more enjoyable and as far as my wife attending, as she is somewhat interested in computers (web site design) if she wanted to be there it weould be well worth the full price ticket. I think she would object to my ever buying a "girlfriend badge" <grin>.

I hope the group organizers never feel the need to limit the number of humans in attendance. The more the merrier!
                            The Matrix is real... but I'm only visiting.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3k
                              Maximus would love it, just keep him away from the beer. :D
                              Hey now, my dog is not an alcoholic..
                              just fluff it

Comment

Originally posted by {x}taSy
                                Hey now, my dog is not an alcoholic..
                                and neither am I....;)
                                ~:CK:~
                                I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Working...
                                X