No announcement yet.

Girlfriend Badges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defcon is definitly worth $25 extra dollars. if the price was raised DT might be able to do more stuff or pay the speakers more.

Comment

There is so much to do at defcon,I wish I could just clone my self for those three days and I would gladly pay $150

Comment

i want to hear your talk next year on your proposed "cloneCon".
        the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Originally posted by {x}taSy
          Hey now, my dog is not an alcoholic..
          He would need much beer to hang around at con.

Comment

I brought my "propoganda campagine"(2 old non-tech friends) with me, to show all the folks back where I lived that they all suck, and I'm better without them. This was a bad move becuase they played the "he's a goob, she's a goob" game, right from the moment we walked in.

They now want to come back next year, just to meet people from around the world, and party with them. This just sux ass. I have refused to talk to these two people since the Con, and don't plan to bring them back.

Moral of the story, if she/he/it can't understand the scene, or even keep their mouth shut, don't bring them. The whole weekend would have been an 11 on a 1-10 scale if it was not for these people. Now it was a 9 1/2. Damm the man!

ohh, yes I know "that's your fault", but point here is, learn from my mistakes!!!
            "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

after thinking about this for a bit, I like the idea of a girlfriend badge... of course with a slight modification...

1. the badge should cost 3 times as much as a defcon human badge.

2. this badge will only allow you to enter the "party room", and entry into the black and white ball.

... unfortunately 0wn1ng anyone with a girlfriend badge, will only be worth one half the points of 0wn1ng someone with a human badge... in case everyone keeps score like I do.

... and of course this is after raising the price of the human badge to 100$USD mind you ...

oh btw this will most certainly curb the line issues that happened to occur during DC11...

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
                This was a bad move becuase they played the "he's a goob, she's a goob" game, right from the moment we walked in.

Moral of the story, if she/he/it can't understand the scene, or even keep their mouth shut, don't bring them. The whole weekend would have been an 11 on a 1-10 scale if it was not for these people. Now it was a 9 1/2. Damm the man!
                no why would you let what someone else says ruin your time?
                never let someone else words affect you like that.
                "so many books, so little time"

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar

If they come back, just remember... There's a really big desert out there, and we can help you acquire a shovel. ;-)
                  the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

What was I thinking (greed, lust, envy) *grin* Bad bad monkey. No trolls for me next year. Octo I live in town, gives me a year to think of where to put them if they show!

octopussy - congrat's on the hunt!

ohh, btw, I wanted to meet up with everyone from forums, but they closed it down too soon! I didn't write down where the meet up was! anyone know if there can be a bulk email reminder, or at least post it on the rotating photo page next year?
                    "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                      If they come back, just remember... There's a really big desert out there, and we can help you acquire a shovel. ;-)
                      But boy howdy the ground surrounding Vegas is /horribly/ solid. I've heard stories about needing dynomite and jackhammers just to get 6" deep in the desert between Vegas and Boulder (however, these stories were from the 40s, when there was a bit more desert there).

Prolly just best to dump people in the water supply. There's gotta be enough toxins in there to eat away at the body quickly enough, and heck, it might even make the water taste better.
                      Don't hurt me daddy!

Comment

it's looking as if the extra $25 won't affect most people...but seeming that it won't affect most people it probably won't make a whole lot of difference for the scene whores, you'll probably not eliminate any scene whores this way but you'll be able to pay speakers more and use the money for other things.
                        Where's the dedication?

Comment

its too soon to raise the price......

i can barely afford $75.....

....unless you can justify that there is a NEED.
                          the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

I certainly wouldn't mind the price going up $25. It sure would make making change easier for the grannies. And less change runs for us is a good thing. :-)

Seriously, I see no reason whatsoever not to raise the price to $100. The con is easily worth several multiples of that, without question. If you really want to be there, you'll find a way to afford it.

The idea of girlfriend badges is just not a good one. Unless we do it BW's way, that is. It just overly complicates things. Then the rent-a-cops have something else to worry about... "Oh, what color is that badge? Red? Yellow? Blue? Green? Orange?" It just gets to be more and more of a pain in the ass. Also more scene whores = bad.

I also don't agree with charging admission for each specific event. Again -- way too complicated.

Charging a seperate entrance fee for JUST the B&W might not be so bad. Maybe we could wristband or something for it - that wouldn't be too bad. We could just leave the reg table setup on Saturday night for an extra hour or two, and sell admission for people's girlfriends/boyfriends/whatever.

Comment

whoo, there are yes and no's all through the crowd, let's see if we can get people to vote...
                              place your votes here - http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2199

Comment

Originally posted by {x}taSy
                                what about pets?
                                I'm sure my dog would love going to Defcon.
                                why not have a special "pet" badge?
                                No... We need to keep packet monkey away!
                                /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Working...
                                X