No announcement yet.

DC 11 Printed Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We also did not really have a problem with people not getting items.

The problem was what they did with the items after they recieved them, which I agree, should be thier problem.

The only people that did not recieve programs, did not recieve them because there were something like 1000 less programs than badges.

Comment

you see that is for normal registration, any other type of getting a badge, you would just get a badge and not all the goodies you are paying for or are "supposed" to be getting...

so with the bag idea, you can't say you didn't get someting because it is all self-contained... if you have a badge, you got everything that was supposed to come with the badge... no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Q42
        The only people that did not recieve programs, did not recieve them because there were something like 1000 less programs than badges.
        ... also the bag idea would solve this 8 hot dogs and 6 hot dog buns packaging scheme... you would have the same number of items needed ....

Comment

So are you saying to just do the bags for non-human attendees? I think that'd be a great idea.

Of course, that would be up to blackbeetle.

Comment

Originally posted by Q42
            non-human attendees?
            heh, that sounds funny.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
              ... also the bag idea would solve this 8 hot dogs and 6 hot dog buns packaging scheme... you would have the same number of items needed ....
              Well, the reason for this is that the badges were ordered way before blackbeetle was told what number of programs to order.

I have every confidence that she won't let them do that to her again ;-)

Comment

i am down with whatever it takes to make sure that if you are supposed to get a badge because you won it, you paid for it, or whatever that you get the badge and everything at the time you get the badge... getting just the badge and having it put to yourself to go find the rest isn't cool especially when you go and they are out of the items because of whatever reason, or they don't believe you didn't get it...

... the real problem is pre-planning and communication, pre-planning as not having enough of whatever... and communication because it is a hacker convention and saying someone said something and expect the person you are telling to believe you is unreal :) it shouldn't become anyone's problem to get everything you are supposed to get with the badge at the time you get the badge :D

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
                  i am down with whatever it takes to make sure that if you are supposed to get a badge because you won it, you paid for it, or whatever that you get the badge and everything at the time you get the badge... getting just the badge and having it put to yourself to go find the rest isn't cool especially when you go and they are out of the items because of whatever reason, or they don't believe you didn't get it...

... the real problem is pre-planning and communication, pre-planning as not having enough of whatever... and communication because it is a hacker convention and saying someone said something and expect the person you are telling to believe you is unreal :) it shouldn't become anyone's problem to get everything you are supposed to get with the badge at the time you get the badge :D
                  This one isn't TW and Q's fault in your case BW. This was the fault of Russ and I with the vendor badges. Neither of us were really clear if those that got Vendor badges were entitled to everything else that a normal attendee got. This issue will be specifically addressed in the Vendor FAQ next year as I will get a complete clarification on it.
                  perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

This is of course, not my call, but the press gets the stuff (for obvious reasons), and the speakers get the stuff. Why shouldn't the vendors? They're paying for the vendor space aren't they? I don't know if everyone working for most of the vendors would have an interest in the stuff, but those that do should certainly get it.

Just one man's opinion.

Q

Comment

I still have my programs from DC8 on. I wonder, what was the first year they did a program?

Comment

DC 1 or so I am told.
                        blackbeetle

Comment

Working...
                        X