Defcon Robot Wars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defcon Robot Wars?

In the program, there was a page on a robot competition that was being organized for next year.

Any more info on that? Contacts?

This is still in the works.

Start building your bots now.. I am sure it will be a blast until a piece of metal flys from one of the bots and hits someone :)

Flamethrowers, sledge hammers.. chain saws.. I am sure there will be many various types going out there ..

It will also depend on participation to see if it actually gets going.
    Kraa: You are Slackware Linux. You are the brightest among your peers, but are often mistaken as insane. Your elegant solutions to problems often take a little longer, but require much less effort to complete.

Comment

You can count me in as at least one contestant. Already collecting parts and figuring out a design....... I just thought of what this thing is going to be! Look for the DrStangeCheese bot next year!

Comment

where are you going to hold this? And how would you bring something like that on a plane. You would have to drive because mailing it to yourself is practialy inviting the postal service to crush it.

Comment

Originally posted by kraa26
          This is still in the works.

Start building your bots now.. I am sure it will be a blast until a piece of metal flys from one of the bots and hits someone :)

Flamethrowers, sledge hammers.. chain saws.. I am sure there will be many various types going out there ..

It will also depend on participation to see if it actually gets going.

So what is the purpose? Battle bots? Sumo? Autonomous? Could be very cool.

Comment

The program lists four possible categories:

Overall Coolest Robot

Best Covert Robot

Insectoid Obstacle Course

Best Design

Comment

and more importantly, what settings will they duke it out in? Deathmatch by pool 2! ONLY ONE WILL STAY DRY MWUHAHAHA!
              if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Hi folks,

I'm organizing this new contest... will unveil more details. But stay in touch. Ideas are welcome as well. Good to see there is so much interest so early on.

-Russ

Originally posted by DrStrangeCheese
                The program lists four possible categories:

Overall Coolest Robot

Best Covert Robot

Insectoid Obstacle Course

Best Design

Comment

i'd like to make a little tiny legless robot that would just slide and when something approached it, it would burst out a few seconds of EMP... that would be neat for a battle royale...

I love robots, I think a few of us were sad when we saw it in the program... as if we could miss something. :]

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
                    i'd like to make a little tiny legless robot that would just slide and when something approached it, it would burst out a few seconds of EMP... that would be neat for a battle royale...

I love robots, I think a few of us were sad when we saw it in the program... as if we could miss something. :]
                    I haven't built any in a couple of years and those were BEAM robots. I've been wanting to build a battle bot - got some old server cases that would make a bitching frame. Perhaps a stun gun as a weapon ... getting tingly all over for DC12.

Comment

Originally posted by kraa26

Obviously y'all didn't read the entire announcement. These are the same reasons mentioned in the program as to why it's NOT going to be a robot-wars style contest.
                      the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

so we should not be expecting dong-bot from the octalpussy team?
                        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                          These are the same reasons mentioned in the program as to why it's NOT going to be a robot-wars style contest.
                          ... we can dream. <evil grin>

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
                            ... we can dream. <evil grin>
                            hmmmm, dildo powered lock picking bot ...

Comment

If anyones looking for a control system check out roboteq.com Its really good because you can program in whatever you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X