Old People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alklloyd
    This is a thread I can relate to; I knew going in that I'd be among the oldest people out there. Thanks to Astcell and some of you other guys I didn't feel like the Lone Ranger.
    Al
    Thanks....I think. One thing for sure, we can give all the other attendees a glimpse of what they will look/be like in 20 years!

Comment

FWIW, I didn't see 3believers suggest age limits -- just activities that are aimed more towards the old farts.

What would those activities be? Beats me. I'm a pseudo-old fart (in DC terms, if not in the rest of the world), and I don't know. I'm pretty sure it doesn't involve having a DJ mix techno beats sampling Neil Sedaka and Tom Jones (although, come to think of it, I'd pay cash money to hear that done well).

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
        Thanks....I think. One thing for sure, we can give all the other attendees a glimpse of what they will look/be like in 20 years!

I'm gonna be a really tall skinny guy in 20 years?!!

ALL RIGHT!!!

*wiggles impatiently*
        ======================================
        DJ Jackalope
        dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
        ======================================

Comment

Originally posted by ck3k
          I don't think age limits are chill, there are some of us youngins still on the right path. I mean I still would sneak in so it doesnt do ya any good to put up age limits....

I am going to have to give it to Ck on that one.... I am "getting older" and the young uns give me a headache too... I remember when I could Con-all-night sleep for 2 hours and yell at the people still sleeping....... BUT... I don't thinkn we should try to keep them out of anywhere.... all that would do is cause issues... almost every "invite-only" party runs into atleast one problem each year... all we would be doing is adding one more thing for the goons to take care of....... so my suggestion: show up to the Forum Meet... we have fun.. not to loud... have a few drinks... and talk
          If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
            so my suggestion: show up to the Forum Meet... we have fun.. not to loud... have a few drinks... and talk
            if i remember correctly, you and OP were the loudest ones at that meet.........
            the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

At least they're not so senile as to believe they can make a USB toothbrush... :D :D :D

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                At least they're not so senile as to believe they can make a USB toothbrush... :D :D :D
                At least the young'uns have some ingenuity.
                the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
                  At least the young'uns have some ingenuity.
                  Put it to use at the next CoonCon! :D

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                    if i remember correctly, you and OP were the loudest ones at that meet.........

Don't you mean the AA meeting.. "Go around the Table and Introduce yourself"

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                      Don't you mean the AA meeting.. "Go around the Table and Introduce yourself"
                      you're right... i knew that format felt familiar....!
                      the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Originally posted by KeLviN
                        you're right... i knew that format felt familiar....!
                        But we put the dc-forums spin on it... "WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?!?!"
                        the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

you must be capable of convincing LVPD that you are old enough to have a license to drive in the wardriving contest

I have no more to say... all them old people scare me more than the young ones
                          if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                            I have no more to say... all them old people scare me more than the young ones
                            or old enough to walk into quarks....nvm

I am waiting for at defcon "back in my day,......."

or

"Back when I was a defcon attendi, I had to walk to my room in the snow uphill both ways"
                            ~:CK:~
                            I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3k
                              or old enough to walk into quarks....nvm

I am waiting for at defcon "back in my day,......."

or

"Back when I was a defcon attendi, I had to walk to my room in the snow uphill both ways"

Listen you young whipper snapper....back when I started going to DefCon hackers were hackers god dammit! The cDc was actually NOT lame, we didn't have none of these fancy smancy gooeys you kids are all hopped up on. We compiled nmap from source cuz we HAD to dammit...it wasn't any of this package bullshit...RPM meant Revolutions Per Minute.

Back when I started going to DefCon we manually installed Slackware from 40 floppies...while walking up hill both ways in the snow barefoot.

You kids today have it so damn easy.
                              perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris

Back when I started going to DefCon we manually installed Slackware from 40 floppies...while walking up hill both ways in the snow barefoot.

You kids today have it so damn easy.
                                KeLviN remembers floppies........ I remember the 20 install floppies for TieFighter....and disk 18 was bad. took 3 attempted installs to deduce that is was corrupt. thats alot of hours of wasted time....

the first computer i owned (not a family comp) had a floppy. i:ve still got that p60...... but i havnt had a computer with a 3.5 in YEARS..... they are a waste of time.

i still remember the introduction of the 3.5 disks.... they were cool as shit.... only came on the ibm machines.... put my IIe to shame....

but i never had the chance to use the BIG floppies. not the 5 and a quarter... what were they? 7.x? 9.x? they were before my time.... any one old enough to have used those?
                                the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Working...
                                X