No announcement yet.

Old People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever you do Highwiz, just don't show Logan's Run at the next 'con.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
      Whatever you do Highwiz, just don't show Logan's Run at the next 'con.
      Hang on a minute... I happen to like Logan's Run!!
      the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
        Hang on a minute... I happen to like Logan's Run!!
        I like it too, in fact I remember it's movie debut! It's just one of those movies that hates people over 30.

Comment

I like it too, in fact I remember it's movie debut! It's just one of those movies that hates people over 30.
          It KILLS people over 30, ast...

[NO CARRIER]
          "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd
            It KILLS people over 30, ast...

[NO CARRIER]
            NO SHIT?!?!?!? damn.. I don't like that movie any more................. wait... what I ment to say was .." no shit.".. that is all.. nothng more to see here, move along people.............
            If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
              NO SHIT?!?!?!? damn.. I don't like that movie any more................. wait... what I ment to say was .." no shit.".. that is all.. nothng more to see here, move along people.............
              Oh my god, a giant place crash!
              Wow, look at that, crowd around people, crowd around
              Where's the dedication?

Comment

Old People...

Well, personally, I'm ONLY 49 and rthe activities at this year's con were great! Perhaps I will feel different though once I become one of those "old people"
                :)
                The Matrix is real... but I'm only visiting.

Comment

Originally posted by javajedi
                  Well, personally, I'm ONLY 49 and rthe activities at this year's con were great! Perhaps I will feel different though once I become one of those "old people"
                  :)
                  A man is as old as the woman he feels!

Comment

First time I've read this entire thread - interesting views on the subject of being over 30!

My philosophy...

Don't let an old person crawl into my body!!!

As for special events at Defcon for those of us 30 & over....
                    Not really needed. Defcon is for learning & having fun!

Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. -- Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by blossom
                      Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. -- Henry Ford
                      Says who?!?!
                      the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Thank god

Originally posted by Shatter
                        AMEN!!!

Godbless 18yo groupies that have a life-long goal of giving head to goons.

Hey just cause I am 18 and a groopie doesnt mean I will give you head...... Ok ok maybe that one time but that was diffrent..... Ok I admit Ima whore.

Comment

Originally posted by octalpus
                          Says who?!?!

Henry Ford... it sayes that right there in the quote... geez...
                          If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

A man is as old as the woman he feels!
                            And his wisdom is not on his age, but on the good use he had given to his time. His knowledge was not acquiered by aging.
                            Love is a Mental Illness

Comment

Old media

My first machine was a Commodore 64, Later I got a TRS-80 and used those 5" floppies, but on the commodore I was using one of those cassette drives, you loaded games and stuff by audio cassette.

Anyone remember those?
                              Thinking about it, that was about the same time that doll came out.. umm "Kid Sister" I think was what it was called, my sister had one of those, and it also played cassettes with data on them that made the eyes and mouth move..

I remember loading win 95 off a stack of diskettes a mile high.. that wasnt that long ago..

4mb sticks of simm memory were 125.00 on sale.. My first pc was a 50mhz with 4mb ram and 340 hard drive. First cd burner I bought in 1996. External Scsi, 2x no rewrite capability. 1199.00
                              899 after price match and rebate..

Times and prices have changed, Im 24, the things you guys were talking about are still recent..

I never used those big diskettes though..
                              I do remember punching the holes in the single sided disks to make them double density..

That was perhaps my first act of reverse engineering.

Comment

Yes, I remember those, I got one and remember using a switch box to edit videotapes with her, I loaded all kind of words and some graphics into my vcr (beta tapes). loaded programs from audiotapes, and even store on those information from my multitesters from a tool I made in a proto...
                                But before that I used to hava a Tandy computer, LCD screen, running it's own version of basic.
                                Then I got an IBM don't remember the model, looked just like a big typewriter with a CRT green intergrated, yeaph... the big disks... an incredible 64Kb of data storage! wow! ;)
                                I think it was about then when I started to get interested in programming, mostly I did assembler because there was not much options out there.
                                Later on got a pc with a 8088 and an amaizing 256 Kb of ram, with a seagate HD 20 Mb...stunning... than a 8086 junior XT also 256Kb of ram... but by now we already were using 51/4 floppys with an amaizing capacity hehehe, which we alterated all the time to use the other side, and sometimes lost the information in the process... I wrote a nice pascal program once to get files from other people, anyone who read my floppy used to pass to me any file with the extension I preset on it... it was fun time... got a copy of everyone grades names, etc from the teacher when reviewing a homework program... Oh and I format my worst nightmare foe's work when he was trying to get my work so he didn't hafto make his homework. Hmmm... yeaph, I am still withdraw satisfation from it! :)
                                I spend some time trying to convence others to use OS2 warp, instead of DOS 2.10, because the multitasking capability, but we still setup DOS because we could make a computer of 512 Kb expanded to a virtual 640 Kb, esential to run Foxbase...

Sintax, I will look for you on defcon, we need a beer while we talk about those great times... do you remember those telnet alike programs for Arpanet? nobody talked about internet until some time in middle 80's...

Hmmm... great times...
                                Love is a Mental Illness

Comment

Working...
                                X