Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by che
    Thanks, Yankee.
    I really would like to bring more to the con next year, but getting it there is a major problem. I took 12 bottles of beer and 1 bottle of mead this year, and it was a pain in the ass to lag around the airports. Shipping it would cost a mint. Any suggestions?
    I could tote a few 6 packs for you. Of course your beer was great but I am more of a liquor kinda chick so you wouldnt have to worry about me drinking the stash.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
      hm well if shipping would cost a mint...
      how about rent out AP rooms like a couple weeks ahead of time and brew the beer there?

lope

thats GOTTA be cheeper in the long run...really...

A decent beer takes around 6 weeks to be ready.. a good beer (like the Russian Imperial Stout that yankee liked so well) can take several months. Not to mention all the cooking required to preare it..

Pezz: True, the beer would be safe with you, but are you driving?
      Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope
        Thanks for the link! I'm SO out of practice, i hope they have like beginner's kits or something.....

dorkalope
        If you are getting a new kit, spring for the one with the glass fermenters. They pay off in the long run. The beginner kits that they have are what I use.. they only difference is you do not have to extract the malts from the grain, that is skipped over by using malt extract. I would also go with an ale kit, as you can ferment at higher temps, unless you have a fridge to keep the fermentation temp down.
        Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Working...
        X