No announcement yet.

WRAPUP - DC12 [UNOFFICIAL] Toxic BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There should have been enough plasticware....I brought a box, and it looked like it never even got opened....

Hopefully someone ate the pork that I put on the grill and then forgot about...or it just dried up and disappeared...

Highwiz can always use leftover tinfoil for new boxers...;) HW, I have to ask, didn't that tinfoil chafe? That was funny as hell....

LosT

Comment

Originally posted by LosT
      There should have been enough plasticware....I brought a box, and it looked like it never even got opened....

Hopefully someone ate the pork that I put on the grill and then forgot about...or it just dried up and disappeared...

Highwiz can always use leftover tinfoil for new boxers...;) HW, I have to ask, didn't that tinfoil chafe? That was funny as hell....

LosT
      Stitch and Denerious constructed the tinfoil speedo so well that it indeed did not chafe what-so-ever. It did get a bit hot, in it, but beyond that it was all free sailing.. And free balling..

Comment

Yes indeed, the I would say the toxic bbq truly kicked ass. Next year it will be even better. More meat, more beer, maybe some games, and even perhaps dancing midgets.

I can bear witness that the food did not last long in the NOC, the goons had a feeding frenzy. Thanks to all that donated.

Also, I would like to point out how unselfish everyone was with the food and beer. It was truly a great spirited event, and one the the best moments of the con.
        Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
          There are still like 5-6 BBQ shirts left, PM me if you want one and we'll see if we can work something out.
          Your design and Grifter's were my two favorite shirts. What great designs.
          Some of the "official" shirts were okay too.
          You need to take up HW on this amazing offer(not sold in stores).
          I will not be missing this next year.

Al
          Last edited by alklloyd; August 5, 2004, 19:32. Reason: Forgot
          "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

ToXic BBQ was a great time; a perfect start to the con! Thanks to everyone who made it possible. After a day of travel and insane heat, it was good to chill, meet people, eat well, drink brisk beer, and watch the full moon rise in the desert sky. Thanks too to the one running with me through sam's to find a sampling for my nonbovine dining (a gesture not to be forgotten), and especially to spahkle, freshman, r1ch, remote senzor, cygnus, canadien, et al. for making me feel welcome.
            'The world is a jungle in general, and the networking game contributes many animals.' ~RFC 826

Comment

The BBQ was a great success. I'm glad that we could all get together and really throw down. It made me feel like the old days. No drama... no nothing. It rocked! :D I'm glad we were able to trade recipes. Props to Renderman for his sauce. We should definitely do this next year... maybe even more often, between defcon and the rest of the year.
              There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
              X