Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swiss Gear

$60 bucks at Best Buy.
    Last time I checked they were sold out online but you can check your local store.
    Swiss Gear GA-7303-13
    http://www.onlinebags.com

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwiggle
      I saw you with that pack at con thought it was pretty tight. I need something a little more discriete though. I am just planning on using an old beat up pack untill I can save up enough for a Boblebee. :( Anyone know where I can buy a Boblebee pack real cheap? I do not mind if it is used. I have my heart set on one ever since Astcell introduced me to them.

Hey man, I just got a Megalopolis Sport Racing Red for $10.00. This company has a special and you only need to pay for shipping ($10.00)

Go here and pick one of the CANADA MEG SPORT. They have 4 colors to choose from and they are all for FREE.....

Hey, let me know how many of you order...

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwiggle
        I guess what I am asking is... What would you wrap your 15.4" screen lappy in, if you had the choice
        I have the Targus TSB312 (actually, the model before that one, but very close), and I love it. It holds a ton, built well, fits on the back well, and even straps on to the back of my motorcycle perfectly.
        Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Bobblbee. Defcon vendor. 'Nuf said.

Comment

Spire USA (link) makes really nice handmand backpacks in bolder colorado. they are kinda expensive though $120-160.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
              Bobblbee. Defcon vendor. 'Nuf said.
              gotta back this up, at DC12 this year I got the larger of the two bobblbees (megalopolis?) ... this thing holds my dell 9100 (with a 15.4'' screen) with NO problems

and even has room for my external 250GB HD, power adapters, wifi cards, antenna, and assorted other crap ...

and it's comfy too :)
              spent 4 hours at BWI airport with this thing, only had to take it off once
              www.quakecon.org
              Network Security

www.ni-online.org
              Lan Events done RIGHT.
              Contact Ni! for details.

Comment

I bought a Spire backpack this year and love it. The padded pouch that comes with it the notebook very secure. I can say that the bag is weatherproof as well. I was caught in the rain on my walk home from the libary with my laptop on. The only knock against Spire is the price, but I think its worth it.

Comment

I like my laptop bags not screaming Steal me, I have a $2500 laptop in here and carry mine in a nice stealth tactical laptop bag.

I had them done based on a U.S. Navy intelligence RFP for a laptop bag, and hope to get more of them done in numbers, give me a few hours and I'll post a few pictures.

If you saw me wandering around DC12, this is the bag I am talking about.
                  Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

I really like this one available from Jinx:
                    http://www.jinx.com/scripts/details....&productID=303
                    "Ain't no party like a Deeeeeetroit party, 'cuz a Deeeeeetroit party don't stop."

Comment

Originally posted by Shiva
                      I really like this one available from Jinx:
                      http://www.jinx.com/scripts/details....&productID=303
                      That backpack is way huge, I always liked using messenger bags to hold my notebook in addition to several books and other equipment with easy access.

edit - This is what I have at the moment, its nice and allows easy access and in teh case of a search at an airport or on base, it can be done quite quickly. timbuk2 Link
                      The essential feature of complex behavior is the ability to perform transitions between different states ... Complexity is concerned with systems in which evolution, and hence history plays or has played an important role in the observed behavior.

Comment

backpack

i have the previous targus model to the #2 choice.
                        its a good bag. and i have ALOT in it. im going to need to upgrade soon though cause its geting heavy.
                        but its a nice bag lived through alot so far.
                        i wanted one of those hardshell packs but im poor.
                        :)
                        mage2atbleedingwounddotcom
                        KeyID 3B535825D9402365
                        FingerPrint C2AA E142 8826 BAE3 9C2B AA0C 3B53 5825 D940 2365

Comment

Originally posted by erehwon
                          I like my laptop bags not screaming Steal me, I have a $2500 laptop in here and carry mine in a nice stealth tactical laptop bag.
                          Agreed. This is why I bought a nice sturdy laptop sleeve from booq and throw it in my trusty north face backpack. In the future I plan to stick with the "buy sleeve..put in random backpack" method as it avoids the "steal me" factor. (until of course you whip it out in public and people see you're carrying a laptop).

But those bobblee bags do look pretty awesome.

Comment

OK, more than a few hours later is the skinny on my stealth tactical laptop bag.
                            Nonnumquam cupido magnas partes Interretis vincendi me corripit

Comment

http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/18087/

This backpack is made by a company that's been making packs for backpackers for years and years. This is the most comfortable backpack you will ever own. It fits my 12" powerbook and my 15" stinkpad well. I would pay $500 for this backpack if that's what it cost.

If you're not after comfort, just get the cheapest thing you can find.

Comment

OK, more than a few hours later is the skinny on my stealth tactical laptop bag.
                                Holy crap...two questions:

1) How does it fit a larger laptop, i.e. one of the Dell Inspiron/Latitude monsters with 15.4" screen?

2) Although the Glock 36 is a large gun, would the backpack accomodate an even-larger framed pistol, i.e. H&K USP Full-size?

/me likey...
                                Aut disce aut discede

Comment

Working...
                                X