Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by highwizard
    Or you could fly in for it!
    Yeah...the wife had mentioned that, have to check the post-move finances, may work out. Maybe we'll see y'all there. But if we can, this time we need to get our own DI card, ala Chris, and enjoy the frivolity all nice and legal. ;)
    Last edited by AlxRogan; September 26, 2004, 12:05.
    Aut disce aut discede

Comment

This sounds like fun. I'll try to see if I can pull some time out of my ass to make it.
      .: Grifter :.

Comment

I just got a call from the 707/530 guys, they are looking into going, sadly I think a plane ticket out there is rather large...but I think I might see what I can do for it. Anyone have some floor space ;)
        ~:CK:~
        I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

Originally posted by ck3k
          I just got a call from the 707/530 guys, they are looking into going, sadly I think a plane ticket out there is rather large...but I think I might see what I can do for it. Anyone have some floor space ;)
          When we were looking for plane tickets for Londo and X-stasy, we saw them at 89-99$.

Comment

You can use sidestep.com (dogpile like for travel searches) but it requires Internet Explorer

Looks like American out of SFO to BWI is running about $200. You can take the Marc from BWI to the Union Station Metro or the Express Bus from BWI to Greenbelt station.

Comment

When we were looking for plane tickets for Londo and X-stasy, we saw them at 89-99$.
              Keeping in mind that was for a one-way ticket into Baltimore; Southwest doesn't fly into DC. So, multiply that price by two, add tax and TSA charges and you're probably looking in the $220 range. If all of the above works for you, then your options are below:

a) Rent a car and drive the <1 hour drive into DC (Then you also have to worry about parking; not just finding it, the cost of parking in DC is at a premium).

b) Coordinate with those in the Baltimore area to pick you up at the airport before they head into DC.

c) Take the MARC train from BWI Airport to Union Station. From Union Station, your total distance from the Marriott is roughly four miles. From there, jump in a cab and head towards the Marriott. From what I could find, a MARC ticket from BWI to Union Station was $6 each way. The cab, especially if split by numerous persons, shouldn't run you too much either. The only problem with this method is that MARC trains do not run on the weekends, so you'd have to arrive on or before Friday and depart Monday at the earliest.

I am quite familiar with the DC area. If you have any further questions, shoot me an e-mail at:

godminusone at godminusone dot com
              Last edited by GodMinusOne; September 27, 2004, 13:38.
              You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by GodMinusOne

b) Coordinate with those in the Baltimore area to pick you up at the airport before they head into DC.

Hopefully the ShmooCon Organizers in all their infinite wisdom will decided to setup some type of Forum for discussion of Ride and Room Sharing.

I think ShmooCon is a really good idea. Though, I am biased since it's only like a 2 1/2 hour drive as opposed to a 40 hour car ride/5 hour plane ride. I do hope defconities from the west coast/north regions (Canadia) decide to come to the Con. As I said before, even if the con isn't excellent you have the ability to hangout with me, and you can't really put a price on that (just make sure you bring your QC card if you want to party).

With each Con you have different traditions, at Defcon we have quarks and now the ToxicBBQ. With the advent of ShmooCon we can create new traditions.... From the looks of it, a great number of people are thinking about attending. So do you really want to be the only one not there when everyone is swapping "war stories" about what a great time ShmooCon (and hanging out with highwiz and stitch) was?

I'll have a car there, as will some of your other East Coast Hacker Brethren, so we will be able to pick many of you up from the airport/train station. And Stitch and I plan on getting a suite in the hotel so those of you who came to the Queer Consulate at DefCon know that you'll always have somewhere to chill.

And if the con itself sucks, and you register early you can get your money back from Beetle, and still go and hangout with your friends. It's a win-win situation.

*Note: My ego really is as big as it sounds, cause I'm just that cool. It takes a certain kind of man to pull of a tinfoil speedo.

And renderman, if you come, I promise I won't pee on your leg again.

Comment

With each Con you have different traditions, at Defcon we have quarks and now the ToxicBBQ. With the advent of ShmooCon we can create new traditions.... From the looks of it, a great number of people are thinking about attending. So do you really want to be the only one not there when everyone is swapping "war stories" about what a great time ShmooCon (and hanging out with highwiz and stitch) was?
                  Great, more traditions, more cons, more money. I'm going to be so broke next year. I like it :)

And if the con itself sucks, and you register early you can get your money back from Beetle, and still go and hangout with your friends. It's a win-win situation.
                  Already registered, figured a weeks vacation to chill with friends anywhere away from the winter wasteland of Canada is a good thing.

And renderman, if you come, I promise I won't pee on your leg again.
                  Can I pee on yours?
                  Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by renderman
                    Great, more traditions, more cons, more money. I'm going to be so broke next year. I like it :)
                    You may be temporarily broke, but you will have memories that will last a life time.

Already registered, figured a weeks vacation to chill with friends anywhere away from the winter wasteland of Canada is a good thing.
                    That's the spirit! Will you be coming alone or bringing you Canodian cohorts?

Can I pee on yours?
                    Alas, I've out grown my water sports stages. So I'll have to go with a no on that one.

Comment

You may be temporarily broke, but you will have memories that will last a life time.
                      As with Defcon, if I do everything right, I'll have the scars to last a lifetime too!

That's the spirit! Will you be coming alone or bringing you Canodian cohorts?
                      I've let them know, but it's just me so far. Will probobly pick up a friend or 2 in NYC though (cheaper to fly in there and catch a train).

Alas, I've out grown my water sports stages. So I'll have to go with a no on that one.
                      I will get you back for that!
                      Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

I will definitely be there! I'm working on some really nifty stuff and I was hoping to be able to present, but I don't think I'll be quite ready. LayerOne, maybe? Either way, I look forward to hearing about what everyone else is working on and getting some new ideas of my own.
                        the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

All the fun stuff seems to happen when there is NO WAY for me to be there!

I think it's damn well worth the risk of $99 to register ahead but I know I'm going to be out of country!

I'll spread the word to see if I can do some small part in increasing attendance! Good Luck. BO
                          In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Comment

ShmooCon!

Since I missed ToorCon and this doesn't interfere with PHN, I have paid my fees and will be there. Especially since my new job will call for me to be in the DC area around that time. :-) . I am very interested in the Bof sessions. And I HAVE to see what OP is up to :-) It will be nice to see friends and associates in the area I haven't seen in three years. DuckyCam is in 2.0, so he may make his debut at ShmooCon.

Hrrrrm. Perhaps we should claim some acreage and start a grrrrrrls block of rooms.

HW, I still have my DI card. Is it still good?

stay shiny!

r0cketgrl

Comment

Last Day for $99 ShmooCon

Hello everyone!

Heard about this forum from Beetle while attending ToorCon last weekend! Great time, as I'm sure ShmooCon will be as well. I did fork over the $99 today, especially after Beetle's personal guarantee! If it'll be anything like the toys revealed at DefCon this year, it'll be killer.

Since I live in the DC area, if anyone from out of town needs help with finding decent hotels, etc, just drop me a line at orionlancer@gmail.com and I'll see what I can do for you.

I'm new to the forum here so I hope to get to know the regulars and possibly meet you at ShmooCon if you plan to attend!

Orion

Comment

OK, the doubting Thomas is in for 99 bucks. This should be entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X