Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Recipes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by erehwon
    Geezus, and you guys call yourselves hackers, I'd be willing to bet you could source a camel for this dinner with no problem at all.

    OK, I guess you could try this recipe without the camel and just work with the lamb and chickens...
    hmm.. maybe we could have a live camel to cook as a scavanger hunt item.. Let's see Siviak come up with THAT!

    I think having a snow lepard stuffed with condor stuffed with spotted owl served on a sea turtle shell would be much better...
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by che
      I think having a snow lepard stuffed with condor stuffed with spotted owl served on a sea turtle shell would be much better...
      Somebody wants to piss off PETA.
      Did Everquest teach you that?

      Comment


      • #33
        PETA is murder

        PETA is anti american
        the fresh prince of 1337

        To learn how to hack; submit your request

        Comment


        • #34
          PETA is tasty
          Aut disce aut discede

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Nimby
            There's also a brand that I've found in like safeway and giant supermarkets ... Thai Noodle Cart ... same idea, microwave noodles with water, drain, mix with oil and spices ... the garlic ones are the best :)
            Here in Atlanta we are at the mercies of Kroger and Publix. I will remember that brand though. One of the best ones from the asian stores is "IndoMie Mi goreng". Do a google.

            Al
            "Are my pants...threatening you?"

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by che
              hmm.. maybe we could have a live camel to cook as a scavanger hunt item.. Let's see Siviak come up with THAT!

              I think having a snow lepard stuffed with condor stuffed with spotted owl served on a sea turtle shell would be much better...
              come on man... I retired.... besides.. I bet I could do it :D

              as for your recipe that sounds better than my grannnies panda/bald eagle mix...mmmm
              If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

              Comment


              • #37
                BBQ Whiskey Chicken

                This is an amalgam of several different recipies and my own personal tastes:

                1 Cut up chicken or some boneless chicken breasts

                1 cup of whiskey (I use Jack or Jamesons, JD is great for cooking)
                1 cup of ketchup
                1/4 cup of vinegar (regular vinegar, nothing weird like apple vinegar or red vinegar)
                1/2 cup of brown sugar
                2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
                1 tablespoon lemon juice
                3 cloves of garlic, minced (more or less depending on your tastes)
                1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
                salt and pepper, if you are into that

                marinade the chicken for a few hours in the mixture

                Cook on the grill using a low indirect heat*

                Occasionaly check on your chicken, flip it, and baste it with the glaze mixture

                Once chicken is pretty much done (mostly white all the way through, minimal pink), toss it to the hot side of the grill and carmelize the glaze. You can do this by basting the chicken, letting it cook over the hot burner for a minute or so, then flipping it and starting the process over. Do this a few times and you'll notice you build up a nice glaze on your chicken.

                Serve with rice or potatos


                *Common BBQ mistake. People want their food to have that BBQ flavor so they cook their food directly over flame. Folks also tend to cook at tempratures far higher than they need to. Combine this and you end up with burnt food thats still raw in the middle. Notice good BBQ chefs usualy refer to their cook times in hours, not minutes. Cooking indirectly at a lower temprature (i.e. turn the right burner on, cook on the left side) will cook your food more evenly and thoroughly while preserving that flavor you are looking for. To achive this, remember to let the lid stay down on your grill. Every time you open your grill you add 15 minutes to your cook time. Its tempting to keep checking on your food, but remember grilling is like using the Force, you have to just relax and trust in your ability to do it right.

                I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by noid
                  *Common BBQ mistake. People want their food to have that BBQ flavor so they cook their food directly over flame. Folks also tend to cook at tempratures far higher than they need to. Combine this and you end up with burnt food thats still raw in the middle. Notice good BBQ chefs usualy refer to their cook times in hours, not minutes. Cooking indirectly at a lower temprature (i.e. turn the right burner on, cook on the left side) will cook your food more evenly and thoroughly while preserving that flavor you are looking for. To achive this, remember to let the lid stay down on your grill. Every time you open your grill you add 15 minutes to your cook time. Its tempting to keep checking on your food, but remember grilling is like using the Force, you have to just relax and trust in your ability to do it right.

                  Damn good BBQ tip.. The recipe sounds great, but I would suggest some extra cups o' whiskey to replace any that might "vanish" in the cooking area..
                  Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by che
                    Damn good BBQ tip.. The recipe sounds great, but I would suggest some extra cups o' whiskey to replace any that might "vanish" in the cooking area..
                    Do what I do, cook with the bottle at your side

                    I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by noid
                      Do what I do, cook with the bottle at your side
                      wasn't there going to be a holster just for that in your new apron?
                      If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        *Common BBQ mistake. People want their food to have that BBQ flavor so they cook their food directly over flame. Folks also tend to cook at tempratures far higher than they need to. Combine this and you end up with burnt food thats still raw in the middle. Notice good BBQ chefs usualy refer to their cook times in hours, not minutes. Cooking indirectly at a lower temprature (i.e. turn the right burner on, cook on the left side) will cook your food more evenly and thoroughly while preserving that flavor you are looking for. To achive this, remember to let the lid stay down on your grill. Every time you open your grill you add 15 minutes to your cook time. Its tempting to keep checking on your food, but remember grilling is like using the Force, you have to just relax and trust in your ability to do it right.[/QUOTE]


                        Turn the right burner on, cook on the left side? Shit, this is Texas, we cook over a Mesquite flame, using a beer timer. What you do is to toss your burgers on the grill, pop the top on a Coors, when you finish the Coors (and smoke 2 Marlboro's), flip the burgers and pop another Coors, if you cook enough burgers, by the time the BBQ is done they taste perfect every time. The trick is to cook your burgers one at a time....
                        I enjoy talking to myself...it's usually the only intelligent conversations I get to have.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Floydr47
                          Shit, this is Texas, we cook over a Mesquite flame, using a beer timer....
                          Problem with this is rate of consumption is different for different people. There are some in the DC crowd who might end up with steak tartar instead of ground steak due to their rates of consumption of beer and cigarettes. :-)

                          Oh, forgot Ob Recipie:
                          1 Bagguette of fennel, seseame and poppy seed sourdough
                          Butter (amount as desired)
                          4 Shallots
                          1/4 White onion
                          1 Tomato
                          fresh grated Parmigan cheese (as desired)
                          olive oil
                          Basil (as desired)
                          Balsamic Vinegar (if desired)

                          Place saucepan on high, introduce ~1 T olive oil immediately to saucepan. While heating, mince 1/4 onion fine within 3 minutes and add to saucepan. Drop heat to low. Mince shallots and add to cooking onions when edges of onions start to carmelize. Mix onions and shallots in pan, turn heat to low, add butter (to flavor.) When white onions are about 50% light golden brown and shallots are brown on their edges, remove from heat and set aside.

                          Cut baguette into long slices (ASCII ART:)
                          (##############) <- My nifty baguette
                          (#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#/#) <- angled cuts like this for individual slices with lots of surface area

                          Very lIght butter on one side of these slices. Smear with onions/shallots from previous step.

                          Add 1 shredded basil leaf per slice of bread. Top with half slices of tomato over basil over onion/shallots mix from previous step. Cover with Parmigan cheese to taste. Place in broiler. Cooking time varies but from 5 to 10 minutes on broil is common.

                          Remove when bread turns light brown. (Cheese won't really melt so much.)

                          Some like to pour Balsamic Vinegar on a plate and dab cooked slices into it while eating.

                          Serves one: ME! *This is not good for you, but does taste good.
                          Last edited by TheCotMan; December 1, 2004, 20:08. Reason: Forgot to add a recipie, added.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Floydr47
                            Turn the right burner on, cook on the left side? Shit, this is Texas, we cook over a Mesquite flame, using a beer timer. What you do is to toss your burgers on the grill, pop the top on a Coors, when you finish the Coors (and smoke 2 Marlboro's), flip the burgers and pop another Coors, if you cook enough burgers, by the time the BBQ is done they taste perfect every time. The trick is to cook your burgers one at a time....
                            Must be a West Texas thing, I much prefer Shiner for cookouts.

                            Noid: I will have to try your chicken out next time, I love whiskey bbq glazes.
                            Aut disce aut discede

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by AlxRogan
                              I love whiskey bbq glazes.
                              I wish the alcohol was not baked out of the food, I would love to get drunk off chicken.
                              Did Everquest teach you that?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by AlxRogan
                                Noid: I will have to try your chicken out next time, I love whiskey bbq glazes.
                                then you need to try Londo's "Oh My GOD How Much Whiskey Did You Put In This" sauce, it's teh good
                                If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X