Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My works network system

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Kallabungo
    Thanks for...
    Best ways to thank me:
    Follow the advice of IcEbLAze about using google. Use google first.

    Reconsider what Second (et al) wrote about school.

    Use what LoST and HighWizard stated about your understanding of what a hacker is and is not.

    Associating "hacker" with "criminal" or "break-in" may piss off the people who enjoy being called hacker in the original sense of the word. If you need help with finding this, again refer to IcEbLAze's suggestion. (google.)

    I'm not a hacker, but if I was, I would not appreciate being called a criminal.
    Good luck!

    Comment


    • #17
      i was in the same situation as you were, axcept i was 15 when i dropped out(well got kicked out) of school. I got my diploma through a school called satelite high. They sent me the work i did it and sent it back. and becuase it was through the mail i could do it whenever i had time too, most of the time this was between midnight and 3-4am, becuase of work. I work at a cyber cafe' in warrensburg, mo. usa. I make 21$ per hour under the table 11 hours a day, 6 days a week, and on saturday or (6th day) i get payed 31.5$ per hour. my job is quite easy though i just sit there and watch charts and graphs all day. i get payed under the table too. and i have found that even if i were to go to college i probably wouldnt find a job that pays as well and it would just cost my alot of money that i dont want to spend. everything they teach you in college you can find on the internet for free or a hell of alot cheaper. but if you are not to familiar with the internet your best bet would be to get a g.e.d or a diploma like i did and then go to college, and you could find a better job then what you have now guranteed. the only reason this is different in my case is becuase i dont want to move away from where i live becuase of my girlfriend and there isnt any other jobs around here even with a college degree that pay as well as mine. so take my experience with the situation and interprit it however you want, but i would recomend getting atleast a g.e.d. and finding a better job. and incase any of you are wondering how much my last paycheck was it was 6006.29$ i get payed monthly.
      before asking a retarded question, google it. google knows all.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by dementeddemon
        I work at a cyber cafe'
        *snip*
        and incase any of you are wondering how much my last paycheck was it was 6006.29$ i get payed monthly.


        Give me your job...please

        :)
        Answering easy questions since 1987
        Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut ĂȘtre contre moi?

        Comment


        • #19
          sounds like you got a right good job for yourself there, my wage doesnt even make half yours!

          any recommendations on books to buy? or maybe some sort of video tuition in a dvd or cd-rom form?
          im up for going to my town centre on the weekend and purchasing some but as ive never read any i dont quite know which ones will be beneficial
          Registered primarily to learn from others.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by dementeddemon
            I work at a cyber cafe' in warrensburg, mo. usa. I make 21$ per hour under the table 11 hours a day, 6 days a week, and on saturday or (6th day) i get payed 31.5$ per hour. my job is quite easy though i just sit there and watch charts and graphs all day. i get payed under the table too. and incase any of you are wondering how much my last paycheck was it was 6006.29$ i get payed monthly.

            So what do you do for taxes?

            Do you take the taxes out yourself, or by "under the table" do you mean, "tax evasion"?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by dementeddemon
              i was in the same situation as you were, axcept i was 15 when i dropped out(well got kicked out) of school. I got my diploma through a school called satelite high. They sent me the work i did it and sent it back. and becuase it was through the mail i could do it whenever i had time too, most of the time this was between midnight and 3-4am, becuase of work. I work at a cyber cafe' in warrensburg, mo. usa. I make 21$ per hour under the table 11 hours a day, 6 days a week, and on saturday or (6th day) i get payed 31.5$ per hour. my job is quite easy though i just sit there and watch charts and graphs all day. i get payed under the table too. and i have found that even if i were to go to college i probably wouldnt find a job that pays as well and it would just cost my alot of money that i dont want to spend. everything they teach you in college you can find on the internet for free or a hell of alot cheaper. but if you are not to familiar with the internet your best bet would be to get a g.e.d or a diploma like i did and then go to college, and you could find a better job then what you have now guranteed. the only reason this is different in my case is becuase i dont want to move away from where i live becuase of my girlfriend and there isnt any other jobs around here even with a college degree that pay as well as mine. so take my experience with the situation and interprit it however you want, but i would recomend getting atleast a g.e.d. and finding a better job. and incase any of you are wondering how much my last paycheck was it was 6006.29$ i get payed monthly.
              From your spelling, grammer, and general outlook on life.. Good luck when the cyber cafe goes out of bussiness. Or when they find someone to do your job, for cheaper.

              Oppurtunity is short term most of the time, education is life long.
              - Programmer -

              Comment


              • #22
                I wish I could land a job like that around here (Massachusetts). I have family in Overland Park, I've contemplated moving out there and working for Bayer or something, as there isn't a large IT workforce out there. I have a colledge edjumaction and multiple certs, but I still have to bust ass to get more. Everytime our company has a job opening, there are 50 applicants coming in for interviews, because the IT job market is saturated. So in conclusion, does the owner of the internet cafe want to open up a second location? I'll do the first month pro bono!
                -- Honk if you played virtual sysop --

                Comment


                • #23
                  he wont find anyone else to do my job for another 2 years and 3 months if he keeps to his word, and that is what he offered to pay me. And by under the table i meen i dont have to file taxes becuase he rites me a personal check for cash, or pays me cash if hes had time to get to the bank.

                  naw i like my job im not giving it away.

                  y would i be hurting or whatever when the replace me or the cyber cafe goes out of business? i have over 75,000$ in the bank, 12,000$ in my checking, plus when i turn 19 i inherit 6.7mil$ from my grandpa that he left me.
                  before asking a retarded question, google it. google knows all.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by dementeddemon
                    i have over 75,000$ in the bank, 12,000$ in my checking, plus when i turn 19 i inherit 6.7mil$ from my grandpa that he left me.
                    That is a good position for you. If it were me, I would use the freedom of wealth to obtain an excellent education as early in life as possible. I obviously wouldn't need to use such an education in the pursuit of wealth, but it would help out with life in general. Since I wouldn't be attending school with a career in mind, I might consider a liberal arts degree in something that interested me.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Ow, my head is hurting...
                      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                      [ redacted ]

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by dementeddemon
                        i have over 75,000$ in the bank, 12,000$ in my checking, plus when i turn 19 i inherit 6.7mil$ from my grandpa that he left me.
                        Sounds like a nice setup..Preston


                        :)
                        Answering easy questions since 1987
                        Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut ĂȘtre contre moi?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by dementeddemon
                          And by under the table i meen i dont have to file taxes becuase he rites me a personal check for cash, or pays me cash if hes had time to get to the bank.

                          Except that's not how it works. You still have to pay taxes.

                          You aren't getting paid "Under the Table", you're getting paid as in Independant Contractor (IC). Which your employer isn't obligated to withhold Income tax, Social Security, Medicare taxes, or unemployment tax.

                          Your boss needs to becareful to if he doesn't file his 1099-MISC, perticularly since you are making in excess of $600 (The Standard).

                          There is a chance you could be a common-law employee, but since I don't know the specifics of your working situation and for sake of arguement I'll label you as an IC. - Though I would say you fall under Employee status since you have scheduled work time, thus negating a prime factor in independent contractor status (control).

                          Hopefully you are now 18 or older since MO law prohibits anyone under that age from working an independent contractor.

                          Read: Chapter 288 of the Missouri Revised Statues

                          You may not care about filing taxes, but atleast after reading this, if push comes to shove with the IRS you can't claim total ignorance.

                          Addendum: After doing a cursory lookup on you, I am lead to question the validity of your claims of employement at all.

                          Anyone who post messages like this "i need a good fast spreading bot too, someone please send me one, my email is dementeddemon@gmail.com add me to msn, or saphireking2000@yahoo.com for yahoo messenger". (from www.0x000.org - google cache).

                          My other problem with your validitiy is this post: http://forum.defcon.org/showpost.php...79&postcount=3

                          Apparently as of a month ago you didn't have any money and now you have 75,000$ in the bank, 12,000$ in checking. Hypothetically speaking, if you made those kind of deposits within the last month the bank flag your account.

                          And then there is this post:
                          http://forum.defcon.org/showpost.php...75&postcount=1
                          Amazingly you were new to computers and you already have secured such a job!



                          Oh well, I had some time to kill, so no worries...
                          Last edited by ; February 16, 2005, 10:03.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by highwizard
                            Oh well, I had some time to kill, so no worries...
                            Hey! I thought I was in charge of long posts!

                            Seriously, good information (top of the post) and nice investigative work (the addendum).

                            Exposing this kind of contradiction from a poster suggests that poster is not following advice offered by others:
                            Here is a related post by Astcell from another thread with more advice for those just tuning in to the forums or considering DefCon.
                            Last edited by TheCotMan; February 17, 2005, 10:36. Reason: Fixed a URL to make is one link instead of two...

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I owe Highwiz a drink, he just saved me some time.

                              LosT

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Good work Highwiz.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X