SushiCon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SushiCon

Is it happening again this year? I haven't heard any buzz about it as of yet.

I'd hate to think I can't get some more Masu this year while Che begs for the check to be split 20 different ways. :)
    The dude abides.

Originally posted by Xodia
    Is it happening again this year? I haven't heard any buzz about it as of yet.

I'd hate to think I can't get some more Masu this year while Che begs for the check to be split 20 different ways. :)
    I've heard that it's still on. But, I don't know any of the details.
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Comment

in the past, Technohippie had mentioned the Aladdin's buffet and there was also discussion of "the place behind the gas station across the street from the HR" (both of which were described as offering generous portions / all-you-can-eat of Unagi)

does anyone have info about these spots? if i go somewhere that i can eat eel until it's coming out my ears i'll die of happiness. what do other people think? (the place that's aparently right around the corner sounds promising, anyone know the details on it?)
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

I am still planning Sushicon... just looking at which day would be the best to do it. As of now, it looks like the only "non-packed" evening to do it would be Wednesday... but I am wondering if this would be the most ethical evening to do it as most people may not even be in town then. Post your thoughts here, as well as days that would work for you and I'll set something up this upcoming week.
        You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by GodMinusOne
          I am still planning Sushicon... just looking at which day would be the best to do it. As of now, it looks like the only "non-packed" evening to do it would be Wednesday... but I am wondering if this would be the most ethical evening to do it as most people may not even be in town then. Post your thoughts here, as well as days that would work for you and I'll set something up this upcoming week.
          Any reason we can't do Sunday again?
          the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

i cast my vote for sunday, as well. it's sort of become a tradition with my friends and i to end the con with a night out for sushi on sunday. (last year we went to the wrong place, however, and it was just the 7 of us) i won't be in town on wednesday, nor will most people whom i know.

any more thoughts on the location? can we nail down the place "right around the corner behind the gas station across from the hard rock" that was mentioned before? i am especially supportive of places within walking distance of the AP.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by octalpus
              Any reason we can't do Sunday again?
              Sunday would probably be the most practial, but we also have the goon party that night (for us that will be in red for the weekend). Any idea when the goon party is? Maybe we can schedule sushicon around it..
              Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
                Sunday would probably be the most practial, but we also have the goon party that night (for us that will be in red for the weekend). Any idea when the goon party is? Maybe we can schedule sushicon around it..

I know GM1 rarely check the boards anymore, but from talking to him he also expressed concerns about that conflict. Wed is difficult cause many people aren't in yet. Thursday you have the BBQ... So I really have no idea.

Comment

hey, highwiz,

i never before checked your info... i didn't know you were from philadelphia, too. heh, i'm one of the few among my friends who really likes sushi and sometimes it's hard to find people to join me when i'm in the mood for it. in fact, right next to my girlfriend's office (she works for the Philadelphia Theater Company on 15th st between walnut and locust) there's a place called Shiroi Hana that is out of this world. if you're up for a meal there sometime, let me know. first round of drinks and food is on me.
                  - Trent Reznor

Comment

Sunday would suck for me as I'm going to a James Darren show right after final ceremonies...Wednesday would work for me, although I understand it wouldn't for other people. Last year was a lot of fun...hope 2.0 works out that way.

Al
                    "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

personally, i'm leaning towards wednesday now since i'm seriously considering changing my flight and room reservation in order to arrive a day early. there's just not enough time to do it all and defcon seems to start earlier and earlier every year.

heck... can we perhaps get a show of hands in this thread as to who will be in town on wednesday? maybe most/all of us will, in fact, be around.
                      - Trent Reznor

Comment

just a note to the person that suggested it: the aladdin's sushi sucks ass. seriously. there is a place that's pretty tasty, though I dont recall where it's at, but they have an all you can eat special for $25, a few of us hit it up last year and it was absolutely awesome
                        .:. Adrenaline .:.

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
                          heck... can we perhaps get a show of hands in this thread as to who will be in town on wednesday? maybe most/all of us will, in fact, be around.
                          I'll be in town Wendsday, I have no beef with the idea of it being then.
                          The dude abides.

Comment

Cygnus, myself, and Freshman should all be in town by 7pm Wed. night..
                            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Why not just lock it in for Wed. Late night?

Comment

Working...
                              X