SushiCon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataworm
    Why not keep it on Sunday? It's not everyone that arrive a few day in advance for Defcon...
    On sunday it interfers with other things, that's why it was moved.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
      On sunday it interfers with other things, that's why it was moved.
      what's on Sunday?
      /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Originally posted by dataworm
        what's on Sunday?

Another party.

Comment

That's not until late, though. If we eat around 5-6pm, we will all have bellies full of fish to cushion our drinking. Wednesday night conflicts with Blackhat stuff.
          the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

ok you guys battle it out and let the rest of us know.. wait.. as a matter of fack i think I'll start a poll for everyone to vote in and we will go with that.
            If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

I have plans Thu-Sun so Wed is it really. Defcon is going to have to be a weeklong at this rate!

Comment

Another party.
                Witch party? I did't received any invitation

Where't you supposed to not go to Defcon this year ?

Seem like your doing some chaos injection...
                /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

don't know whether to post this here or in the newer thread with the poll...

would those of you who have conflicts wednesday (for instance, it was pointed out to me that the black hat staff and speaker dinner is that night so i can see how that is knocking people's schedule around) be interested in a sushi gathering at a later time, specifically sunday? i know that personally, i'd be down for a second helping and i'm guessing that some of us who are looking to meet wednesday might be up for it, as well.

can we get a show of hands for who would be willing to attend an unofficial sushicon on sunday even if we continue the formal planning of the dinner for wednesday?
                  "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                  - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam

can we get a show of hands for who would be willing to attend an unofficial sushicon on sunday even if we continue the formal planning of the dinner for wednesday?

Well then it's really not going to be a sushicon if you are doing two of them.. Why bother trying to have an sembalance of community spirit?

Comment

Well then it's really not going to be a sushicon if you are doing two of them.. Why bother trying to have an sembalance of community spirit?
                      highwiz, i hope you know that i like you and respect you, but i have to say that i find this remark really silly. i come to defcon and look forward to the sushi dinner and other such events specifically because i appreciate the community spirit and enjoy being surrounded by it. thus far, to my knowledge no one has said "man i wish it was sunday because i simply can't be bothered showing up on wednesday" or something similarly apathetic. all of the individuals who have expressed dismay at the wednesday evening time have done so either because (a) they are coming to defcon but won't be in town yet, something i find it difficult to fault a person for, or (b) they are involved so much in the black hat / defcon community that other events are causing a conflict.

personally, i find appealing the idea of dinners both on wednesday and sunday since i believe it offers an increased atmosphere of community and acceptance... if you feel that two dinners somehow debases the idea of a "sushicon event" then by all means continue planning one exclusively on wednesday (one that i would still love to attend if you all will still have me at the table) and the rest of us will have an unnofficial dinner on sunday (where people like octalpussy, dataworm, et. al. can get together with those of us who are still in town)

just my $0.02 with respect to community spirit.
                      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                      - Trent Reznor

Comment

well call it SushiCOn 2 and SushiCon 2.5... I'm ok with that
                        If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
                          well call it SushiCon 2 and SushiCon 2.5... I'm ok with that
                          sounds like a solution. then, of course, i must now ask about the logistics of each. same place? different place? times of either?

what i believe we have in the works thus far is...

SushiCon 2
                          Sushi on Tropicana
                          2625 E Tropicana Ave
                          702-898-8835
                          wednesday evening (specific time i have not heard yet)

SushiCon 2.5
                          location TBD (do we like the idea of the above rest? also mentioned with support from some was Makino and "the place near the Hard Rock Café")
                          sunday late afternoon / early evening (some time shortly after the concluding ceremonies, so people who are hitting parties or other spots that night can eat during what is likely to be a dinner break period anyway)
                          Deviant Ollam
                          Semi-Professional Swearer
                          Last edited by Deviant Ollam; July 11, 2005, 10:56. Reason: UBB tag fix
                          - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
                            sounds like a solution. then, of course, i must now ask about the logistics of each. same place? different place? times of either?

what i believe we have in the works thus far is...

SushiCon 2
                            Sushi on Tropicana
                            2625 E Tropicana Ave
                            702-898-8835
                            wednesday evening (specific time i have not heard yet)
                            Was that the place we went to last year?
                            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
                              Was that the place we went to last year?
                              Yeah, and I'm sure they are just itching to have us back.
                              The dude abides.

Comment

Rather than two, why don't we plan to hit Marrakesh on Sunday evening? HOT DAMN, that was some amazing food!! And I feel a little safer going there than the place we went last year... y'all enjoy, but I'm so not showing my face there again after what happened last year.
                                the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Working...
                                X