No announcement yet.

SushiCon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makino is supposed to be a good sushi buffet. I have yet to try it but all of the reviews here have it as great. I also vote for wensday
    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
      Makino is supposed to be a good sushi buffet. I have yet to try it but all of the reviews here have it as great. I also vote for wensday

I'm sure you mean Wednesday...

Comment

come on man.. take note of the time that I posted... I had been up for almost an hour at that point. some people get to blame late night posts.. I get to place all the blame on my early mourning posts
        If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak
          come on man.. take note of the time that I posted... I had been up for almost an hour at that point. some people get to blame late night posts.. I get to place all the blame on my early mourning posts

Well, blah dee dah dee dah dee dah, and blu dee do dee do dee do.

Comment

Uh, does this mean Wednesday?

Al K. Lloyd
            "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

well, then, wednesday it is i suppose. now all we have to do come down solid on the place. While the aladdin's buffet was described as low qual, Makino and the place "across the street from the hard rock" were both suggested and no one voted them down. are those two our short list?
              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
              - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
                well, then, wednesday it is i suppose. now all we have to do come down solid on the place. While the aladdin's buffet was described as low qual, Makino and the place "across the street from the hard rock" were both suggested and no one voted them down. are those two our short list?
                What about the place we went to last year? Fucking awesome.. we had to MAKE them stop bringing food!
                Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

what was the name of it and where is it located? (a few of us went to the wrong place last year so i never saw it)

is this place of which you speak in walking distance of the AP?
                  "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                  - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by che
                    What about the place we went to last year? Fucking awesome.. we had to MAKE them stop bringing food!
                    Yes, but you gotta wonder what they were putting in it that made them so happy to get it to us. They were pretty pissed. I sure don't intend to show my face there again!
                    the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpus
                      Yes, but you gotta wonder what they were putting in it that made them so happy to get it to us. They were pretty pissed. I sure don't intend to show my face there again!
                      That wasabi was more than likely from an infection than from the usual source.. I think I have a vid of GM1 eating a whole lump of it.
                      I'm sure they will be much happier to see us this time, since they made bank on tips.

It was a bit of a distance, way too far to walk. I will have to dig through some stuff and see if I can find the address when I get back in town, then we can see about getting a caravan together.

Comment

Well, it sounds like Wednesday night it is. I'll start to make the arrangements and will post them later this week when finalized. I'm leaning more towards where we were last year... as the saying goes -- "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
                        You're either on my side or else you're in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by che
                          That's after they took us off the hour limit I think...

Al
                          "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by GodMinusOne
                            Well, it sounds like Wednesday night it is. I'll start to make the arrangements and will post them later this week when finalized. I'm leaning more towards where we were last year... as the saying goes -- "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."
                            Sounds like a plan to me. First one to dig up the address post it, and we can start working out logistics. I can't wait! :)

Comment

Originally posted by che
                              Sounds like a plan to me. First one to dig up the address post it, and we can start working out logistics. I can't wait! :)
                              2625 E. Tropicana Ave

Comment

Why not keep it on Sunday? It's not everyone that arrive a few day in advance for Defcon...
                                /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

Working...
                                X