X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Terrorist Attack

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/eu...ndon.timeline/

Timeline of London blasts

Thursday, July 7, 2005 Posted: 1022 GMT (1822 HKT)

YOUR E-MAIL ALERTS
    London
    Great Britain
    Police
    or Create Your Own
    Manage Alerts | What Is This?

(CNN) -- Below is a minute-by-minute timeline of the multiple explosions rocking London. All times are British Standard Time.

10:47 a.m.: Home Secretary Charles Clarke says London blasts cause "terrible injuries"

10:46 Police say serious casualties in London explosions, but no deaths confirmed

10:46 Witness to Britain's Sky News says second blast heard in Tavistock Square.

10:45 Police sources say a bomb is suspected in London bus explosion.

10:33 Police confirm at least three explosions on buses in central London.

10:25 Police confirm explosion on bus in central London in the area around Russell Square.

10:24 Scotland Yard says "multiple explosions" rock London.

10:14 News agencies report a bus has exploded in central London.

09:53 Metronet says the entire London subway network has been shut down.

Police says incidents are reported at the Aldgate station near the Liverpool Street railway terminal, Edgware Road and King's Cross in north London, Old Street in the financial district and Russell Square in central London, near the British Museum.

09:41 London Underground reports a second explosion at a subway station in northwest London.

09:33 Witnesses say London underground says services are suspended after "power surge."

09:27 Metronet, the subway maintenance company, says power surge has caused explosion in London tube station.

09:25 Police say "there are walking wounded" in London's financial district.

09:15 British transport police say a explosion is reported in London's financial district in the area near Liverpool railway station.

Sucks badly.. I hope they get the bastards responsible for it.

I don't get it.. no one wins in these attacks. The people attacked obvously lose, and the attackers only increase hatred for the religion they are trying to promote.
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
      Sucks badly.. I hope they get the bastards responsible for it.

I don't get it.. no one wins in these attacks. The people attacked obvously lose, and the attackers only increase hatred for the religion they are trying to promote.
      But you need to be able to seperate the religion from the Fanatics. I mean, even Christianity and Judaism have their zealots.

Comment

(Heh, I should know, being a Christian:)

Muslim tèrrorists aren't the only ones who do e stuff.

The ing of abortion clinics is just one thing that Christian zealots do....

It's not just one religion that has its downfalls...

As for the original topic: I think it's really sad that these attacks continue... yet no one can seem to figure out the appropriate action to take.
        Oh it's fun and games to watch people burn up. It's not fun, however, to have to clean their burnt sticky bodies off the road while being handcuffed.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Matrix
          (Heh, I should know, being a Christian:)

Muslim tèrrorists aren't the only ones who do e stuff.

The ing of abortion clinics is just one thing that Christian zealots do....

It's not just one religion that has its downfalls...

As for the original topic: I think it's really sad that these attacks continue... yet no one can seem to figure out the appropriate action to take.

Exactly.. Next time someone wants to screaming about Islam they should read this:
          http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_0027.htm

And if they're a Christian they should consider what if they were judged on what the "Army of God" did.

Comment

Maybe the Arabic population (every so increasing) in France was bent by fact that London won 2012 Olympic's and not Paris.

/off beat coralation? or potential nugget of truth?
            "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar

/off beat coralation? or potential nugget of truth?

Stupid joke.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                Stupid joke.
                Yeah but I wasn't joking.

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar
                  Yeah but I wasn't joking.

Then you make me very sad.

Comment

Please remember that as of posting the MET havent confirmed who is responsible for the attacks. It is not necessarily religious extremists at this point. (Well thats the official word).
                    5 separate groups have admitted responsibility so far.

Basically this attack has not been on the scale of human tragedy as 11th Sept, or Madrid bombing, but the aim appears to have been to cause maximum disruption.
                    I don't know how many people know London, but all zone 1 buses were stopped completely. The underground network was completely closed off.
                    Lots of mainline trains were stopped outside London.
                    Other large stations around the country have been closed.
                    The mobile network was set at reduced capacity...
                    etc etc...
                    Twigman

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
                      Then you make me very sad.
                      I did hear a discussion on NPR this morning where they considered this as a response to the Olympics decision (but without the Paris Islam tie-in). The concensus was that this attack was far too well coordinated and organized to be put together in the 24 hours since the Olympics site was announced. They felt that this was far more liely connected to the G8 conference.
                      They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist
                      - Last words of General John Sedgwick

Comment

In looking at Islam in France and their "]Problem" that they are dealing with, then the recent Olympic Loss this was seen in my mind as a "stop gloating" tactic. Sick yes, but look what you have to work with, especially with Al Q. taking public responsibility.

Comment

All things aside, just keep your thoughts and prayers with the people involved in the attacks and their families.
                          The dude abides.

Comment

<RANT>
                            The next few days/weeks should be interesting to see if the general populous relizes that all the security bullshit has'nt made them any safer.

Britan (London) is the most surveiled society on the planet. They have the largest number of CCTV cameras in the world and they did absolutely nothing to prevent this. Having the cameras in place only helps you figure out after the fact what happened. "Yup, we watched the guy walk into the train/bus and then blow himself up". Cameras don't physically do squat to stop someone, people need to figure that out.

Obviously some person(s) were able to evade authorities and stay under the radar enough to plan and impilment thier plan. How many bazillion pounds have been spent in 'security measures' and things like this still happen.

One can only hope that the sheeple wake up and realize that thier leaders have not made them any safer and that all these assinine security measures did'nt help. Murders happen in prisons, there's no way to be completely safe.

I feel immensly sorry for the arabic (Read: non-white) population of Britan right now and all the bullshit kneejerk racism thier going to have to endure in the coming days, even if those responsible were home grown.

As we all know, bad security is worse than no security
                            </RANT>
                            Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by Xodia
                              All things aside, just keep your thoughts and prayers with the people involved in the attacks and their families.
                              *shakes head into sense* Very good point Xodia. Thanks for the guidence

Comment

Working...
                              X