No announcement yet.

Xbox Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as of right now xbox is the only gaming console that I don't own. but it sounds like fun and I would be up for it.

Hey Spahkle , what ever happened to the Wow thing?
    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Hmmm, I was thinking about getting an Xbox soon, but I think I'm more of an irregular.

I do like the idea of getting to shoot some of the folks around here...
      "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

HighWiz, I might consider it depending on the game(s).
        "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

I think an Xlink/Free setup would be preferable from the sound of it. As for Games the ones that were brought up with the people I talked to were:

Starwars Republic Commando
          Starwars Battlefront
          Ghost Recon
          Rainbow Six
          Halo

Anyone else have any other suggestions for games or any preferences with them?

I think a few weeks after Con would be best for this, that way people will have recovered a bit.

Now to Macavity:

(Not to the Net or fora in general, mind you - but most of the ones I've been to don't have a 'no unintelligent hi threads' rule, just a 'no unintelligent threads' one, and frankly, I didn't think mine was that unintelligent. Obviously, I was mistaken - my apologies on that count as well.)
          Well, as you said, you were mistaken.

Second, have I run into you on some other forum, perhaps under a different name? I tend to use Macavity (or a variant thereon) for all the fora I visit, and there are people on other fora who often compare me to John Adams: obnoxious and disliked.
          Nope, I haven't run into you anywhere else, but I'm a pretty good judge of character when it comes to asshatery at your level. And if you're new and people start disliking you and find you obnoxious then there is a good chance your life here will be short.

And third, I've often had more fun playing against people I don't know from Adam - either on the 'Net or off - than I've had playing against people I know (mainly because I'm familiar with the tactics used by the people I know well - new people present new challenges).
          Well, this is a pretty tight knit community and we enjoy the company of eachother. And as I've stated before we know nothing about you besides the fact that you posted a "hi, I'm new thread" and posted in this thread.

Perhaps in six months we'll find we like you.... But I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by highwizard
            I think an Xlink/Free setup would be preferable from the sound of it. As for Games the ones that were brought up with the people I talked to were:

Starwars Republic Commando
            Starwars Battlefront
            Ghost Recon
            Rainbow Six
            Halo

Anyone else have any other suggestions for games or any preferences with them?
            Bascule will probably suggest DDR.

Chemx would be up for playing some games with you guys. I'll probably just watch. I'll ask him for some suggestions.

Comment

I'm up for it. Halo/Halo2 are my prefered games. Doom3 is pretty good, too.
              Thorn
              "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Well I don't have the 50 posts that highwizard requests. I think that I am on good terms with everyone... Well I hope anyways. I am up for any type of Xbox online playing. As for the games that where listed I don't have any of them, but thanks to amazon I can get those without a problem. Will their be any Halo 2?

Comment

I think folks are missing the point of what HighWizard said. He did not make it a requirement to be on good terms with anyone, nor to have proven you are intelligent on any particular level, or whether or not you have a baby seal to bring for entertainment. The post count concept was not meant as a measure of how big your forums cock is, but as a general indicator of how long you've been around and the likelyhood that you know others outside of a post or two on some public forum. As suavely pointed out by Medic, that's not always a valid indicator, but it is what it is.

HighWizard was seeking people from the forums that generally know each other and are interested in playing. I don't believe he even explicitly said others outside this ambiguous cliche couldn't play, but playing against strangers wasn't the reason he created the thread; he can do that on any game server, there is not a shortage of gamers, yet.

He was also a little pissed that he had to re-itterate that this would be an activity AFTER defcon; and frankly, he's a hostile guy.. *shrug*
                  if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

So do I bring the baby seal or not?
                    Thorn
                    "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                      I think folks are missing the point of what HighWizard said. He did not make it a requirement to be on good terms with anyone, nor to have proven you are intelligent on any particular level, or whether or not you have a baby seal to bring for entertainment. The post count concept was not meant as a measure of how big your forums cock is, but as a general indicator of how long you've been around and the likelyhood that you know others outside of a post or two on some public forum. As suavely pointed out by Medic, that's not always a valid indicator, but it is what it is.

HighWizard was seeking people from the forums that generally know each other and are interested in playing. I don't believe he even explicitly said others outside this ambiguous cliche couldn't play, but playing against strangers wasn't the reason he created the thread; he can do that on any game server, there is not a shortage of gamers, yet.

He was also a little pissed that he had to re-itterate that this would be an activity AFTER defcon; and frankly, he's a hostile guy.. *shrug*

Thank God someone understood what I meant.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                        ... and frankly, he's a hostile guy.. *shrug*
                        he's just upset after catching Teh Ghey from some guy he was dating
                        If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

So highwizard when are you planing to do Xlink? Or is the date and time frame still up in the air?

Comment

Originally posted by Ozone
                            So highwizard when are you planing to do Xlink? Or is the date and time frame still up in the air?
                            I have a date and time frame.

Comment

I'll be interested in playing, not that many know me just yet.

Are we required to bring our own controller/box?
                              Linux is not the answer, its the question; the answer is yes!

Comment

Originally posted by FLeiXiuS
                                Are we required to bring our own controller/box?
                                ......Yes.
                                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Working...
                                X