Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBBQ (may be a little late in the game...) aka, watcha bringing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBBQ (may be a little late in the game...) aka, watcha bringing?

as stated this may be a little late in the game but I was wondering whet every was planning on bringing.

Last year we had L0nd0 and Renderman both talking up thier respective "Special Sauces", Kaddydid tempting everyone with tales of her grilled asparagus, and still more people talking up thier own favorite/best dishes.

Just figured I would see what the people had to offer, I will be doing (time permitting) some Siv's London Broil.
    If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

I'll probably contribute chicken again as I'm not terribly fond of large quantities of cow. Also, I'm going to be sure to bring some fruit and veggies, probably summer squash, zucchini, things that are easy to cut and grill. I dunno if there was an overall shortage of veggies last year, but there definitely wasn't much that came back to those of us stuck behind waiting on the courier.
    the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

I will grab some meat from a local butcher, is there anything that everyone MUST have?
      ~:CK:~
      I would like to meet a 1 to keep my 0 company.

Comment

My patented Beer Burgers Should do the trick :)
        "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

I don't know if I'll make it, but if I do I was thinking corn.

Are we bringing our own grills? The boyfriend isn't a carnivore, and won't use the same grill meat has been cooked on. He's not a pain in the ass about it, and doesn't expect anyone to cater to him. But I'd hate to see him go hungry.

Works out pretty good, more meat for me!
          "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal
            I don't know if I'll make it, but if I do I was thinking corn.

Are we bringing our own grills? The boyfriend isn't a carnivore, and won't use the same grill meat has been cooked on. He's not a pain in the ass about it, and doesn't expect anyone to cater to him. But I'd hate to see him go hungry.

Works out pretty good, more meat for me!
            I think they tried to keep a veggie grill last year, but I don't recall. I know it was discussed, but I couldn't say what came of it. Are you volunteering to bring one?
            the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpus
              I think they tried to keep a veggie grill last year, but I don't recall. I know it was discussed, but I couldn't say what came of it. Are you volunteering to bring one?
              If I could find a cheap one that I can throw out afterwards I might. Is there really enough interest? How many plant-murdering freaks do we have?

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal
                How many plant-murdering freaks do we have?
                I eat only vegetables. It's okay with me if another animal has taken the effort of eating and digesting them first, but I prefer to go directly the source.

Comment

well, i know that i'll be placing an order with the exotic meat shop being discussed in this thread. much as the rattlesnake entices me, its high cost and the assertions from most people that the "tastes like chicken" addage applies makes me think money can be better spent. count on yak, caribou, elk, buffalo, and alligator making an appearance.

what do we think the turnout will be? i'm pretty sure there'll be enough people there who are interested in the above animals for me to recover some of the expense. and if not... my donation to the goons back at the AP will be sure to raise a few eyebrows, methinks. (actually, any goons interested in the above should please let me know if you want something saved for you, cooked or raw, and we'll definitely make arrangements.)
                  "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                  - Trent Reznor

Comment

I'll bring beer. Was any particular brand favored last year? I really wanted to go, but missed it for some lame reason or another.

Al
                    "Are my pants...threatening you?"

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
                      well, i know that i'll be placing an order with the exotic meat shop being discussed in this thread. much as the rattlesnake entices me, its high cost and the assertions from most people that the "tastes like chicken" addage applies makes me think money can be better spent. count on yak, caribou, elk, buffalo, and alligator making an appearance.
                      Sounds yummy. Didn't Homer Simpson say something about wanting to eat two of every animal? I couldn't find the quote online, but I did find this one:

"My favorite kind of wild animal is on a plate." -Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by alklloyd
                        I'll bring beer. Was any particular brand favored last year? I really wanted to go, but missed it for some lame reason or another.
                        Guiness was popular... well that is what I brought and had no problem handing them out. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan
                          Guiness was popular... well that is what I brought and had no problem handing them out. :-)
                          And if someone brings a box of wine this year, we will be dusting the box for fingerprints.

Back to the subject, we may bring a guiness, or meat...Depends what we find in the supermarket.

Are there any supermarkets like whole foods around the site?
                          Last edited by meee; July 20, 2005, 21:26.

Comment

Are we all hitting cosco just as we did last year? ( I was funny to freak everyone out)

Obviously I cannot really bring food with me to Las Vegas, but I would be willing to pitch in for meat at cosco or for exotic meat.
                            /* NO COMMENT */

Comment

If anyone can grab me a fat steak at a store I'll pay shipping... :> I'lll be coming right from Blackhat.

Comment

Working...
                              X