Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBBQ (may be a little late in the game...) aka, watcha bringing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dataworm
    Are we all hitting cosco just as we did last year?
    To cite the site:

Originally posted by www.toxicbbq.com
    The food run will be at Sams Club again this year

Comment

Originally posted by Abby_Normal
      Sounds yummy. Didn't Homer Simpson say something about wanting to eat two of every animal?
      yes, that was in season 12, episode 05 "The Computer Wore Menace Shoes" when homer starts a muckraking web site under the name "Mister X"

the morning after revealing the mayor's misuse of the city's pothole repair funds (which went to the construction of a private "playboy grotto" type swimming pool under city hall) and generating public outcry, homer proclaims "i've changed the world! now i know exactly how god feels."

to marge's inquiry, "you want turkey sausage or ham?" homer replies -- as you pointed out -- "bring me two of every animal." (at which point santa's little helper and snowball II become nervous and leave the room)

here's a clip. [2.3 MB, XviD codec]

(hehe... ph33r my ridiculous knowledge of the simpsons. if only that show got its own category in hacker jeopardy, i would clean up.)
      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
      - Trent Reznor

Comment

I'll be bringing a pint of my Black Cherry Cola BBQ sauce again this year and a fair pile of my friends BBQ rub (particularly good on chicken). I'll be in on the Sams club run again and probobly picking up a flat of ribs for general consumption.
        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Originally posted by octalpus
          I think they tried to keep a veggie grill last year, but I don't recall. I know it was discussed, but I couldn't say what came of it. Are you volunteering to bring one?
          The grill was purchased, never used, then converted to burning meat instead. I've done some preliminary searches to back this up, and failed miserably (I know that Siviak mentioned something recently [last two months])...
          “Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.”

Comment

Those of us from the DC719, will most likely bring some type of meat to grill, beer, and soda.

I will also have with me a jar of my homemade "Drunk BBQ Sauce".
            "It is difficult not to wonder whether that combination of elements which produces a machine for labor does not create also a soul of sorts, a dull resentful metallic will, which can rebel at times". Pearl S. Buck

Comment

Originally posted by spahkle
              The grill was purchased, never used, then converted to burning meat instead. I've done some preliminary searches to back this up, and failed miserably (I know that Siviak mentioned something recently [last two months])...
              Hmmm, perhaps the boy should just pack a sandwhich or something. I may pick up a cheap grill if there is time.

Not too many veggie hackers it would seem, wonder why? I mean, aside from the fact that meat is just so tasty!
              "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

yep.. although I am fully capable of enjoying meat, mfreeck and I purchased a grill last year, some cheap $30 walmart deal, with the intentions of leaving it veggie only for those that did not want their food tainted with animal.

Not one person used it.

It cooked up some meat and was then donated with another grill (siviak?) to the parks/rec. guys cleaning up the remains of what mess we hadn't already taken care of.

Let me know if the veggie grill status does change, I'll modify the website accordingly to reflect the existance of one... until such time I'm not aware of there being one this year.
                if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

In the event that someone will require their own grill, don't forget about Wal-Mart's rental plan... find the best grill you wish to purchase and be sure to be unsatisified with it afterwards for a full refund...

To my knowledge, food run shall be at Sams. I have a card and will be happy to help with the purchasing.

As far as bringing things.. who brought the stuffed salmon last year? That 0wned... as well as Render's special sauce.
                  Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

I'll grab some meat, beer and chips. Here's a good question: Eating utensils? Do we want to pick up plastic utensils? I realize burgers/dogs are easy finger food, but what about steaks/salmon/etc?

Comment

Originally posted by spahkle
                      I'll grab some meat, beer and chips. Here's a good question: Eating utensils? Do we want to pick up plastic utensils? I realize burgers/dogs are easy finger food, but what about steaks/salmon/etc?
                      (Tried to edit, but button wasn't available)

I will commit to picking up condiments (as long as I'll have a ride to the store).

Comment

ok... so i've been following the thread, and have calculated that 10 people are going to show up.... with 250lbs. of meat. i'm going to bring 70 bags of charcoal to cook all this stuff
                        the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

I'll be getting in on thursday morning, Im sure I'll hunt someone down, and if I catch them before they make a trip to the store I'll be pitching in some stuff as well..

That was the case last year though, tons of food appeared, mostly meat though, wasnt much to go with it.. At first there was a lack of plates, utensils, foil, charcoal, lighter fluid, matches.. those were some of the items that sent people back out on an extra run.

Anyone thought of bringing a huge pot of beans? or something..
                          Chips were pretty much the only thing to go with the meat last year.

Comment

also: it may be too early to tell.... but right now it looks as if thursday will be rain free.
                            the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

OK, I can say for sure that I will be bringing a veggie grill, although from the looks of things only Icetre will be using it.
                              "There are no failed experiments, only more data"

Comment

Originally posted by converge
                                ...It cooked up some meat and was then donated with another grill (siviak?) to the parks/rec. guys cleaning up the remains of what mess we hadn't already taken care of.
                                I assume that it the one that was over half melted correct? yes it was donated as I recall.

ok I figure I can start picking up paper plates, forks and some plastic cups and the like... any other non-perishables I can pick up in advance?
                                If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Working...
                                X