Def Con 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Def Con 10

Yes, there will be a DEF CON 10. If you posess ninja skills (Or a little detective work) you can determine the dates. Otherwise I'll announce them in a few weeks, with more details to follow soon.
    PGP key: dtangent@defcon.org valid 2020 Jan 15, to 2024 Jan 01 Fingerprint: BC5B CD9A C609 1B6B CD81 9636 D7C6 E96C FE66 156A

So, fill us in on the changes? Any big reform for Defcon 10? Will it be called Defcon X? Will it go back to the basics, like pre-Defcon 7? Will it just be like Defcon 9 but bigger? Same hotel? No big changes?

Sortof like an informal interview right there, heheh
    If you don't want to answer them all, you dont have to.

Comment

*G_E demonstrates his ninja skillz by pointing out that DC10 will be Aug 2-4, 2002.

Now watch as DT changes the dates just to make me look bad. ;)

Comment

Is that just a guess, or seriously a piece of inside info? ; )

I am guessing...well...uhm. Probobly in July, like always. Maybe early Aug. Who knows, maybe for DC 10, there will be a total change, including the date.

Comment

Go look at when BlackHat Vegas 2002 will be rolling around.

Comment

Ah Ha! Good Tactic!

Comment

ahhhhhhhh, DCX.....

Man, I'm soooo super psyched about this next year. I've got some serious plans for the vendor area.

Comment

Want to share some of those plans for discussion? Or maybe in the Goon Realm (Area for discussions and news for goons)...

Comment

Originally posted by Golden_Eternity
                  Go look at when BlackHat Vegas 2002 will be rolling around.
                  I note that while logistically convenient, DCX does NOT have to be held at the same time as BHB-Vegas. As long as it doesn't conflict with any of the other BHB conferences (or possibly even if it does), Dark Tangent can hold DCX whenever the hell he wants.

However, given the fact that recent Defcons have been held in conjunction with the BHB series, your conclusion is somewhat logical.
                  I check my sanity with a wristwatch. What do you check yours with, a dipstick?

Comment

thank you commander spock.... heh
                    "I'm not a robot like you. I don't like having disks crammed into me... unless they're Oreos, and then only in the mouth."

Comment

Likely DCX date

My so called 'dark ninja' skills aka lazy irc logging reports the DC10 date as July 12-14...That comes from a credible insiders tip. Also, heres a good point: from what Ive heard from several core defcon people, HOPE has become a bother with their protesters and crap. H2K2 will take place July 12, 13, and 14 2002 in New York so it stands to reason that by having the dates coinciding, that their 'bad element' will likely stay away from us. I hold no ill will toward the hope people, just the asses who want to disrupt our con. Theres my 2 and a half cents. :)

Comment

Nope

The dates are not in the middle of the month.... guess again! :-)

Comment

I saw the Black hat dates...plus in an earlier post it said that DCX could be in August as well...so maybe right after?

Comment

Well, he said "Its not in the middle of the month"

Either he REALLY thought about what he was saying, and said "not in the middle" to only confirm that is it not in a small portion of the month.

Or, it is in some other time of the month. Because, he could have said "Its not in July"

Something to think about...

Comment

True true...

Comment

Working...
                              X