X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LosT-Neural TCP/IP device contest: Redux

Ok. Neural and I have made a change to our general contest. Here goes:

Some where a butterfly flaps its wings- and you build a TCP/IP enabled device. Or you hack one (depends on were you were in relation to the butterfly)-

If you don't know about the butterfly, go read up on Chaos Theory.

If you don't know about our TCP/IP embedded device competition, read on.

Don't fear the hardware. Having a knowledge of the hardware of systems helps create better coders, hackers, builders - you get the idea. Too many of you out there aren't afraid to tinker with new languages when you code, but never get, at any level, into the hardware.

Here is your chance. Use this contest as an opportunity to learn about that enabling hardware. It's not that bad.

Ok, so what about the friggin' contest already? Simple. Rules- none. Just build something. ENABLE something. Learn something. Bring it to CON. Be judged by your peers and maybe win some cool stuff.

Do us a favor? Drop us an email if you are going to build something. We don't care if you want to have a shocking last minuite entry. Just build something, and bring it. Show off your skills. I code with solder, you can as well.

Email contest: TCPIPChaosTheory@LostboY.net (show us you are interested! Send us a note!)

Ok- I know some of you may not know where to start. I will try to help people with builds via the forums here (post if you need help)- You can email as well.

Non-linear dynamic system my ass.

LosT & Neural

Is this challenge separate from the TCP/IP appliance contest?

Comment

that would be correct. not sure what Uberschnitzel is planning for rules/contest, but unless its 'no rules', I can only guess the two entities will be different.. although I have not read rules that say you can't enter your cool thing into both.. so.. fwiw.. it sounds like the goal is to get people building things and innovating.
      if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Originally posted by converge
        that would be correct. not sure what Uberschnitzel is planning for rules/contest, but unless its 'no rules', I can only guess the two entities will be different.. although I have not read rules that say you can't enter your cool thing into both.. so.. fwiw.. it sounds like the goal is to get people building things and innovating.
        UberSchnitzel posted the rules and links to the TCP/IP Enabled Device and Peripheral Contest, in this thread The TCP/IP Enabled Device and Peripheral Contest is run by UberSchnitzel and dc480.

Lost and Neural are running two contests through their Net Appliance Challenge:
        Make or Hack a device, bring it to con and At-Con sub-challenge

These two are also separate from the Defcon Robots contest run by Kallahar.has rules too.

Each of the above are discussed in separate subforums on the forums, and are grouped in such a way as to make it easy to tell if two contests are different or the same, or related.

Comment

We decided to open end the contest this year. No write-ups, no 'approving' your design-

We would like to hear if anyone is building at the email listed above and here: (TCPIPChaosTheory@LostboY.net)

I will also extend the same offer I made in prior years- if people want to do a build, but aren't sure how to go about it, I will extend 'limited' assistance- you can email me, or (preferred) post here-

I'll start another sub-topic here to help people get started...

LosT

Comment

Ok, people- drop us a note...let us know you are building something...

Web enable a device!~ It's soooo easy. I've yet to have anyone this year take me up on my offer to help people who may not have much experience in design...

LosT

Comment

The offer of assistance for builds is still out there...as con approaches, it will be harder to get things built....

Come on people!

LosT

Comment

Ok, we have people sending in requests for assistance now!

Don't wait, build something today!

LosT

Comment

With the new lax ruleset- you really should build something!!

LosT

Comment

Re: LosT-Neural TCP/IP device contest: Redux

Before you know it, we will be in Vegas! Get going on those builds!

Suggestion: Make your BOT contest entry into a net enabled device! (this qualifies!)

LosT

Comment

Originally posted by LosT
                      Suggestion: Make your BOT contest entry into a net enabled device! (this qualifies!)
                      Hey, I have a Bot contest entry! I should do that.

Comment

There really needs to be more hours in the day. To many projects and not enough time.

A simple question, what is the module most are using to make there project web enabled? Is it a BASIC stamp or something similar? I am not looking to get your plans just wondered where others are starting.
                        Thanks
                        mage2atbleedingwounddotcom
                        KeyID 3B535825D9402365
                        FingerPrint C2AA E142 8826 BAE3 9C2B AA0C 3B53 5825 D940 2365

Comment

Some of the easiest:

Lantronix Xport
                          Netburner SB70
                          Tibbo EM202
                          Modtronix modules
                          EDTP modules
                          Netmedia Siteplayer

etc...

LosT

Comment

For those that are wondering....

If you are doing a build for one of the TCP/IP contests, it wouldn't be hard to make it fit into the other- i.e. you could enter two contests for the price of one! Doesn't get any easier than that...

Just saying...

LosT

Comment

Working...
                            X