HaXXXoR in Wikipedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HaXXXoR in Wikipedia

Boy, the most informative thing I learned from this whole subject is that hackajar and I are from da same hood!
    Answering easy questions since 1987
    Si Dieu est pour moi, qui peut être contre moi?

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar View Post
      I must be a wiki nazi, but I would probably tag that comment as "Citations Needed".
      I can't vouch for that particular incident, but I have a hazy drunken recollection of being at DC11 and snapping a pic of one of them with my digital camera. She immediately started bitching about how I couldn't take her picture without paying her. I still have that pic somewhere.

Comment

I must be a wiki nazi, but I would probably tag that comment as "Citations Needed".

Citation issued. I was (unfortunately) there and saw this happen. To be fair...I spent a large amount of my time dealing with the HaXXXor issue that year. And the next year for that matter even though I had not granted them space.
        perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
          Citation issued. I was (unfortunately) there and saw this happen. To be fair...I spent a large amount of my time dealing with the HaXXXor issue that year. And the next year for that matter even though I had not granted them space.
          That wouldn't be Original Research would it?

*Ducks Large Brick*
          "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

citation seconded. i slapped that text into the wiki as i also saw this happen firsthand. hadn't heard the story about the girl demanding money for her photo being taken. geez, that's enough of a reason just to walk up and start snapping a few out of principle.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

But more importantly, is the article going to be remove?

Comment

Someone should put a picture of a teddy bear up in the Haxxxor article- (why? ask Jason Scott-)

LosT

Comment

Originally posted by bascule View Post
                  If anyone cares, after much of the vandalism was reverted, I decided to just request deletion of the article. If you wish to opine, you can do so here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...letion/Haxxxor
                  Did anyone get a snapshot of the updated site before it was reverted?

jcec

Comment

Originally posted by LosT View Post
                    Someone should put a picture of a teddy bear up in the Haxxxor article- (why? ask Jason Scott-)

LosT
                    A teddy bear implies an obvious fascination with those under 18.
                    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

But more importantly, is the article going to be remove?
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...letion/Haxxxor

The result was delete. Majorly (o rly?) 13:27, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
                      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
                      45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
                      [ redacted ]

Comment

perfect! Thanks for the follow-up!

Comment

fyi.. search google for haxxxor and several links down is a cached copy of the altered page, shows as of march 26 but also notes its deletion per wikipedia. Think I'll try to grab a copy when I get near a home box.
                          if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Working...
                          X