Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus eeePC Mod Workshop

And thus spake the people of Pwnshire.
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Has anyone painted their eee yet? I'm about to, can't decide on what to put on it!
      ======================================
      DJ Jackalope
      dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
        Has anyone painted their eee yet? I'm about to, can't decide on what to put on it!
        pink with hello kitty! no, it's not an over-used reference at all in this world... surely hasn't been beaten to death yet.

heh, but seriously... the more obscure and non-fuzzy a thing is, the more awesome a hello kitty decoration theme is. if i had a huge collection of old Jeeps (and hopefully one day when i'm independently wealthy i will) one will be crazy J-Pop teenage girl hello kitty style.

and then, of course, there's also this awesomeness...

"I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

Comment

What are you painting with?
          ----------------------------------------
          Fraternal Order of Locksport

Comment

Originally posted by valanx View Post
            What are you painting with?
            Will probably be airbrush or spray paint. Am a bit worried about getting spray particles inside my computer, but I know that's why tape was invented.

My dell desktop case seems pretty happy with spray paint, so will probably go with that if i have to cheap out. Noid mentioned some paint to me this weekend which I will have to track down and probably try out. Will post more when I remember what it is.
            DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

I don't have an eeepc around to look at and see how easy it is to take apart, if it isn't a pain I'd do that, it makes for a better end result. The last laptop I painted I used acrylics on, because I wanted to put some texture along with the colors.

I thought about putting some metal leaf and then clear coating the surface, but that was in a different country and I didn't really have access to everything I wanted for art projects.

Comment

Go Go valanx!

I just wanted to check in with everyone to see if anyone ended up with a new machine or has seen a new trick they were interested in checking out. But mainly, I just wanted to say *hi!*
                DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Now I want an Eee.

Comment

I rather have the Hello Kitty AK. :-)
                    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che View Post
                      I rather have the Hello Kitty AK. :-)
                      i have actually given serious consideration to doing a wickedly outrageous paint job when i take one of my AR lowers and get a parts kit to build a full rifle. after all, since it's in pieces anyway... why not go for the gold right there? the folks at Duracoat now have a whole line of shades they call the "Bloomberg Collection" which includes pink. how amazingly secure in my manhood would i clearly be if i showed up at the next DC-Shoot with a Hello Kitty M-4?
                      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Check out http://www.jimsgunsupply.com/index2.html for some ideas then.. I think they were one of the first to actually make and sell them. I'm sure not to many folks would question the manhood of a guy holding a pink AK.. It may be pink, but it is still an AK.

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                        i have actually given serious consideration to doing a wickedly outrageous paint job when i take one of my AR lowers and get a parts kit to build a full rifle. after all, since it's in pieces anyway... why not go for the gold right there? the folks at Duracoat now have a whole line of shades they call the "Bloomberg Collection" which includes pink. how amazingly secure in my manhood would i clearly be if i showed up at the next DC-Shoot with a Hello Kitty M-4?
                        Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

EEE PC Mod / EEE local users group (n theory) will be happening 1-3 on the Saturday of Defcon. It'll be at the Church of Wifi Skybox.... bring your pink AKs. I wanna see.
                          DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

mine should be here tomorrow, hopefully I have some time to work on it. At least cosmetically.

Also hopefully I'm able to check it out, isn't Gringo Warrior going on around that time?

Comment

Gringo should be in a room nearby... not too sure on the timing tho, will have to consult Deviant. Both of which I am assuming will be pretty "drop in", so if both are running, it won't be too much of a disturbance in the force.
                              DJ Jackalope

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Gringo should be in a room nearby... not too sure on the timing tho, will have to consult Deviant.
                                Gringo Warrior is taking place on the ground floor level in the contest room from either noon or 13:00 until about 16:30 or 17:00. there will be a final half hour where the game course is moved up on to that center stage and the top 5 finalists can take a second shot for an improved score.
                                - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
                                X