Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus eeePC Mod Workshop

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
    I dropped mine the other day from an "OMG I just killed my laptop height" and the thing could have cared less. That whole let kids play with them thing is true.

Someone said the Best Buy has them now.
    Yes, they do.
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn View Post
      For anyone who's interested, a few of us have started a eeePC Hacking mail list. If you want to join, send a subscribe message to eeehacker [AT] blackthornsystems [DOT] com . It's not overly active, but we've had some good tips get exchanged.
      thanks
      ///

"Injectors=$900...Drag Radials=$300...NOS=$500...The look on that 911 Twin Turbo owners face=PRICELESS"

Comment

Heyza! Just saying that I'm excited to see what is out there that people have been working on!
        ======================================
        DJ Jackalope
        dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

I am SO in on this :) I just got an EeePC 900.

Comment

Newegg has them too, a lot cheaper than best buy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2f%20Notebooks

Cheers
            We're not arrogant, you're just simple minded

Comment

Originally posted by Partison View Post
              Newegg has them too, a lot cheaper than best buy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2f%20Notebooks

Cheers
              Saves ya on tax, too!
              DJ Jackalope
              dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
                Saves ya on tax, too!
                If you're not in NJ or CA that is ;-). But even with tax it's still cheaper than best buy....hmmm hard decision.

Comment

Amazon is carrying them now too. Tax if you are in WA but the price is still pretty low. Newegg seems to have raised their price on the 1000H! I got mine for $560 incl second day air but now they are about $100 more. Even with sales tax it was still cheaper to get my boyfriend one off Amazon ($4 overnight with Amazon Prime).

I haven't done anything physical to mine yet, still looking for ideas. Spent the first weekend with mine installing Ubuntu on it and configuring all the function keys. Still haven't enabled onboard LAN...

Comment

Originally posted by nerdgir1 View Post
                    Amazon is carrying them now too. Tax if you are in WA but the price is still pretty low. Newegg seems to have raised their price on the 1000H!
                    Yeah I saw that when I was about to order mine. I hopped over to pricewatch and found it for $525, fluke of some sort to find that price I guess.

Originally posted by nerdgir1 View Post
                    I haven't done anything physical to mine yet, still looking for ideas. Spent the first weekend with mine installing Ubuntu on it and configuring all the function keys. Still haven't enabled onboard LAN...
                    I haven't monkied with the onboard LAN yet but I was playing with the wireless card last night and come to find out the RT2860 doesn't support packet injection. A lot of forums are suggesting you just swap out the card for one that does. I opened up mine last night and it looks like a super easy swap.

Cheers

Comment

Target.com has the 2GB 'Surf' EEE PC models for 250 bucks. Just thought I'd pass it along. I was thinking of getting one, but I'm currently preoccupied with upgrading my ruggedized notebook.

I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

Comment

If anyone is looking to easily add bluetooth, a local store had these on for $25:

http://www.directron.com/btdv201.html

It's as small as it looks and works in Linux. Could probably be easily adapted for internal mounting

It's a CSR radio and works with the Bluez stack. No digging out a noticeable adapter when I want to be a jerk in an airport!
                        Never drink anything larger than your head!

Comment

Working...
                        X