Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Titanium Chef Challenge

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam
    are you trying to bribe the judges with such awesomeness?
    No bribes, just trying to make sure everyone gets to enjoy themselves and try some great BBQ. The competition at last years event was so strong and I am just looking forward to seeing what those and new teams bring to the table.

Again, if anyone has any other suggestions for what they would like smoked, please let me know. Most meats can be done in less than 6-8 hours and we are more than happy to fulfill some requests. Once I fire the smoker up, it doesn't make sense to only cook a little bit of meat.

In regards to arranging proper pleasuring for my genitalia: I like cold hands and warm yogurt. Oddly appealing, but then again I am from the MidWest, so that explains a lot.

Comment

Hmm I would love to use the smoker but I dont know if you want to give another team and edge but theres a ton of stuff I can do with smoked foods. My first restaurant is gonna be based around foods that are smoked.
      AcidicA, another orange shirted goon.
      myspace.com/acidicasound

You throw like girls. I know, I helped run the dunk tank ;)

Comment

Is cannibalism illegal in Las Vegas?

Comment

Originally posted by AcidicA
          Hmm I would love to use the smoker but I dont know if you want to give another team and edge but theres a ton of stuff I can do with smoked foods.
          You are more than welcome to use the smoker for the competition, if you don't mind using Hickory as your wood. Although, only having an hour and depending on the meat Dev has chosen, it might not do you any good. Unless of course you want to smoke up some veggies...

Mmmm... that gives me some ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell View Post
            Is cannibalism illegal in Las Vegas?
            Only if you chew and swallow.
            DaKahuna

Comment

Well depending on the meat I might take you up on it then. Just gotta see. Thanx!
              AcidicA, another orange shirted goon.
              myspace.com/acidicasound

You throw like girls. I know, I helped run the dunk tank ;)

Comment

Just a quick question, do we have to bring our own grills, or will we be able to use the ones in the park? Also is there going to be any power outlets at all?

Comment

Originally posted by 0x58 View Post
                  Just a quick question, do we have to bring our own grills, or will we be able to use the ones in the park?
                  i like to schedule the challenge earlier in the day so that we don't interfere with the "main" TBBQ cooking that goes down. historically, the timeline runs like this...

15:00 - ingredient reveal, teams dash out for supply run
                  16:00 - teams arrive at park and start cooking, using the park grills if they like and/or any equipment that they have with them.
                  17:00 - cooking should be done, final plating happens, etc.
                  (the TBBQ staff can then start using the grills for their big cooking sessions)
                  17:30 - final judgement, etc. by now people are showing up a lot for the BBQ, etc.

Also is there going to be any power outlets at all?
                  i don't recall them being there. (i could certainly be wrong, though)

they're not dis-allowed or anything. power inverters from vehicles, generators, haxoring the street lamps... i won't disqualify people for anything like that.
                  "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                  - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by DaKahuna View Post
                    Only if you chew and swallow.
                    As opposed to simply swallowing.
                    She understands, but she doesn't comprehend...

The day I stop learning is the day they put me in a box.

Comment

Originally posted by Sereyna View Post
                      As opposed to simply swallowing.
                      Or just nibbling.
                      Thorn
                      "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Cool, thanks for the information Thorn.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the information Thorn.
                          There may be power in the bathrooms, however... you'd want like a 300' extension cord...best bet...maybe a tiny generator?...
                          ======================================
                          DJ Jackalope
                          dopest dj in the galaxy. *mwah!*

send in the drop bears!
                          ======================================

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Jackalope View Post
                            There may be power in the bathrooms, however... you'd want like a 300' extension cord...best bet...maybe a tiny generator?...
                            Do you know where I could get a tiny generator in Vegas, on the cheap?

Comment

Hire someone as day labor and tell them to just operate a hand-crank generator for a couple hours.
                              "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                              - Trent Reznor

Comment

Come on, we're hackers for cripes sakes. Hoover Dam is only 20 miles away. Somebody ought to be able figure something out...

Then, maybe next year's real challenge could be who can zap the best steaks using a Tesla Coil or Jacob's Ladder. Dressing in a messy lab coat and goggles and yelling "It's ALIVE" optional.
                                Thorn
                                "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

Working...
                                X