X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ham radio exam session?

Originally posted by JonM View Post
    Ok, here's where things stand:
    Tentatively, I'm going to say testing will start at noon on Sunday, and will continue for roughly two hours, potentially longer if there is sufficient interest.
    Ok, the speaker schedule's been posted. I'm talking Sunday morning, which should be fine for a noon test time.

How are the rest of you who said you could VE set for time?

-Jon

Comment

My extra class VE paperwork arrived today. Don't know my schedule yet.

I think I was just a standby in any case.
      DaKahuna

Comment

Looks good for me and my credentials finnaly arrived.

Comment

Still waiting on mine--its been 3-4 weeks. I will have to try calling them tomorrow.
          "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

So what's the difference between Ham & FCC license. It's been quite a long time for me. Missed my FCC license by like 2 or 3 questions I was sooooo pissed.

xor
            Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Originally posted by xor View Post
              So what's the difference between Ham & FCC license. It's been quite a long time for me. Missed my FCC license by like 2 or 3 questions I was sooooo pissed.

xor
              No difference, the FCC issues amateur radio licenses. The testing is run by the ARRL.

Comment

xor
                Are you refering to the the "Radiotelephone" Licenses? Class 1 to 3, if I recall correctly...

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
                No difference, the FCC issues amateur radio licenses. The testing is run by the ARRL.
                There's a lot of crossover, but there are differences between the Amateur and the Radiotelephone licenses.
                Thorn
                "If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

Comment

xor
                  Ham is just a slang term for an amateur radio operator, who is licensed by the FCC.

-Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn View Post
                    Are you refering to the the "Radiotelephone" Licenses? Class 1 to 3, if I recall correctly...

There's a lot of crossover, but there are differences between the Amateur and the Radiotelephone licenses.
                    Well yeah, it depends which licenses he's talking about.

Comment

Based on my better half's description of today's delivered mail, it appears my VE paperwork will have arrived, finally.

Comment

Alright, I sent in the paperwork yesterday, and got a confirmation. We're all set to go!

-Jon

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
                          Based on my better half's description of today's delivered mail, it appears my VE paperwork will have arrived, finally.
                          Originally posted by JonM View Post
                          Alright, I sent in the paperwork yesterday, and got a confirmation. We're all set to go!

-Jon
                          Indeed, the mail I was expecting was there. I got my official certificate (and badge!) so I'm good to go.

Comment

What does each level of passed exam get me "john law" wise regarding the HAM tests?

For example, if I pass the first exam, I can then legally war drive, hack wifi, spoof packets, legally jam (raspberry) law enforcment signals?

What higer level in the law do I get with each passed exam?

Comment

If you really want to take the exams, just go to

http://www.eham.net/exams/

and take the exams over and over until you score 90% and above. These are real test questions, and if you pass them consistently you will pass the exams. This way you won't have to burn CON time studying. (The above link is free, btw.)

LosT

Comment

LosT and I studied in the car on the way to the exam location after having slept for 5 hours, and we passed ...

Comment

Working...
                                X