Hacker Karaoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hacker Karaoke

Does Siviak have the penthouse again? Betcha he'd let you do it up there.
    perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

dude.. I am allergic to karaoke.. it makes me break out in running away screaming
      If I had a nickle for every time someone offered me ten cents to keep my two cents to myself... I would be a rich man.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
        If this does get a venue, time etc., we can break it out into its own event forum. Bascule, are you the organizer of this if it is an event?
        OverDose is the organizer, I am just the tech monkey (and possibly DJ)
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B0
        45 5F E1 04 22 CA 29 C4 93 3F 95 05 2B 79 2A B1
        [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by Siviak View Post
          dude.. I am allergic to karaoke.. it makes me break out in running away screaming
          A great lesson in why you should never gamble. It appears I would have lost my bet
          perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Bascule: I *have* posted silly goose. Now then for the seriousness ( I will try to be serious) with all of the support for karaoke at this event as well as some other off events which people here have paricipated. I am looking for space primarily, and will be reaching out to a few folks who have supported, DefCon, myself and/or ghettogeeks.com in the past. You know who you are. be afraid, *very* afraid. I am looking at this being the FIRST on site Official DefCon karaoke event, and based on particpation may be done in years to come. so put on your party hats, drink cups/glasses, and vocal chords of golden +10 and rawk the house with us. More details will come as I get approvals from people.

OverDose

Comment

Hacker Karaoke will have Capri Room 113 for Friday.. Please use the space wisely keep it a fun relaxed chilled out making a fool of yourself good time room :-) You have a space now, it's really the only and best one I could find. Now give me a write up so I can advertise the hell out of it.
              "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
                Hacker Karaoke will have Capri Room 113 for Friday.. Please use the space wisely keep it a fun relaxed chilled out making a fool of yourself good time room :-) You have a space now, it's really the only and best one I could find. Now give me a write up so I can advertise the hell out of it.
                A deal is a deal. Nikita got you all a venue at Defcon, and now you have a forum for this event. Good luck everyone! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
                  Awesome! I'm trying to locate a pro karaoke DJ who might run the event. Locally I know one who has 850GB of (legit) CD+G images of karaoke songs, and he says he knows some people who may hopefully have a similar setup. I'll find out late next week.
                  [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by bascule View Post
                    850GB of CD+G images of karaoke songs
                    heh... would this individual care to share any of that with those of us who are media packrat content whores that archive everything they can find?
                    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                    - Trent Reznor

Comment

A deal is a deal. Nikita got you all a venue at Defcon, and now you have a forum for this event. Good luck everyone! :-)
                      The time and Location have been changed.

They will be now be in Room 111. They will have the room reserved starting at 7pm, so they can get their gear set up before they start for the evening. Sorry for the change, apparently there was a misscomunication on room assignments.
                      "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                        heh... would this individual care to share any of that with those of us who are media packrat content whores that archive everything they can find?
                        Believe me, if I could just snag the dude's collection I'd be down to host the whole thing myself. That might require a bit of social engineering.

I meant to meet up with him tonight but the bar was booked for a private party... lame. At least the bartender chick gave me free booze... woo!

Originally posted by Nikita
                        The time and Location have been changed.

They will be now be in Room 111. They will have the room reserved starting at 7pm, so they can get their gear set up before they start for the evening. Sorry for the change, apparently there was a misscomunication on room assignments.
                        Well, I updated the web site.

Hey CotMan, can you update the forum description to reflect Room 111?

Not sure what OverDose is thinking, but we'll probably get it started at 9 then I guess? We'd like to have time to get set up and check everything out before officially getting started.

Maybe 8pm?
                        [ redacted ]

Comment

Originally posted by bascule View Post
                          Hey CotMan, can you update the forum description to reflect Room 111?
                          Yep! Please check to confirm it is as you want it. If you need it changed to something else, you or overdose can just let me know what it should be.

Comment

Yep! Please check to confirm it is as you want it. If you need it changed to something else, you or overdose can just let me know what it should be.
                            Looks good, thanks!
                            [ redacted ]

Comment

Not to thread hijack but We have a Karaoke-Con following Susi-Con on Wednesday every year. It is informal and off site (near UNLV). We always welcome everyone to come every year!

No Sushi-con on Wednesday? Don't worry! Just show up at Peppermill (next to Riv) at 10:00PM Wednesday night. We will be getting our swerve on until 11:30PM when we all caravan (via Taxi) to Karaoke-Con 3.
                              "Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Comment

Originally posted by hackajar View Post
                                Not to thread hijack but We have a Karaoke-Con following Susi-Con on Wednesday every year.
                                I've wanted to go to Sushicon for the past several years but trying to stretch my trip out to Wednesday has always proven a bit of a problem.

No Sushi-con on Wednesday? Don't worry! Just show up at Peppermill (next to Riv) at 10:00PM Wednesday night. We will be getting our swerve on until 11:30PM when we all caravan (via Taxi) to Karaoke-Con 3.
                                Yeah, in no way are we trying to compete with these events, but hopefully it will be nice having it on site during the con itself :)
                                [ redacted ]

Comment

Working...
                                X