Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ham license exams

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Ham license exams

    KB3TGK

    Now all I need is a transmitter. That's what x-mas is for. :-)

    xor
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Ham license exams

      Originally posted by xor View Post
      KB3TGK

      Now all I need is a transmitter. That's what x-mas is for. :-)

      xor
      Try out EchoLink as a stop gap
      afterburn

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Ham license exams

        Originally posted by xor View Post
        KB3TGK

        Now all I need is a transmitter. That's what x-mas is for. :-)

        xor
        Hey, Xor

        Get on echolink and I'll talk to you
        EchoLink Node K2RRA-R (#217959)
        There's newb net tonight Sunday at 9:30
        Recently there's been folks from North Carolina calling in on echolink.


        Give me a call tonight on the cell phone and we'll try it out.

        My setup is pretty sparse.
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/9762454...7621699464123/

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Ham license exams

          Originally posted by beakmyn View Post
          Hey, Xor

          Get on echolink and I'll talk to you
          EchoLink Node K2RRA-R (#217959)
          There's newb net tonight Sunday at 9:30
          Recently there's been folks from North Carolina calling in on echolink.


          Give me a call tonight on the cell phone and we'll try it out.

          My setup is pretty sparse.
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/9762454...7621699464123/
          Waiting for EchoLink validation myself...
          "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Ham license exams

            Originally posted by beakmyn View Post
            Hey, Xor

            Get on echolink and I'll talk to you
            EchoLink Node K2RRA-R (#217959)
            There's newb net tonight Sunday at 9:30
            Recently there's been folks from North Carolina calling in on echolink.


            Give me a call tonight on the cell phone and we'll try it out.

            My setup is pretty sparse.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/9762454...7621699464123/
            Awaiting validation. I'm idling on #dc-forums if you want to get me there.

            xor
            Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Ham license exams

              Validated and on.

              xor
              Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Ham license exams

                Of course I don't know your call letters.

                xor
                Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Ham license exams

                  Originally posted by xor View Post
                  Of course I don't know your call letters.

                  xor
                  If you know the person's name and state you can look it up at ARRL
                  http://www.arrl.org/fcc/fcclook.php3

                  Of course it works the other way around too, if they know your callsign they can find out who you are and where you live.

                  Locate hams in your neighborhood.

                  http://www.vanityhq.com/index-hamlocator.html

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Ham license exams

                    Originally posted by beakmyn View Post
                    If you know the person's name and state you can look it up at ARRL
                    http://www.arrl.org/fcc/fcclook.php3

                    Of course it works the other way around too, if they know your callsign they can find out who you are and where you live.

                    Locate hams in your neighborhood.

                    http://www.vanityhq.com/index-hamlocator.html
                    Assuming they live at the address listed in the FCC database...
                    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Ham license exams

                      Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
                      Assuming they live at the address listed in the FCC database...
                      You are required by law to keep that address current otherwise you risk having your license revoked :) it's on the test.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: Ham license exams

                        Originally posted by beakmyn View Post
                        You are required by law to keep that address current otherwise you risk having your license revoked :) it's on the test.
                        Point being, when I was in the military, I moved many times but kept my home of record as my license address. It would have been a waste of time to try to keep updating my address.
                        "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: Ham license exams

                          Originally posted by beakmyn View Post
                          Hey, Xor

                          Get on echolink and I'll talk to you
                          EchoLink Node K2RRA-R (#217959)
                          There's newb net tonight Sunday at 9:30
                          Recently there's been folks from North Carolina calling in on echolink.


                          Give me a call tonight on the cell phone and we'll try it out.

                          My setup is pretty sparse.
                          http://www.flickr.com/photos/9762454...7621699464123/
                          Finally validated...
                          "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: Ham license exams

                            New thread for 2010 on this was created. This thread is now closed.

                            This post made to notify people subscribed to this thread about the new thread.
                            tiny font: _. ___ _... ___ _.. _.__ .._ ... . ... __ ___ ._. ... . _._. ___ _.. . ._ _. _.__ __ ___ ._. .

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X