Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what are people thinking of bringing?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So what are people thinking of bringing?

    I'm going to assume that some folk are planning on bringing their own gear to the DC-Shoot like we saw last year. I spent a couple hours last night reworking the innards of my Pelican long case so that it can accommodate both of my long distance targeting rifles...


    ... i'll also be bringing along a somewhat special surprise for people to play with as part of the marksmanship contest, but you have to attend the Shoot to see it and fire it.

    who else thinks they might be bringing gear?
    "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
    - Trent Reznor

  • #2
    Re: So what are people thinking of bringing?

    Depending on how I travel there, I may bring any of the following:

    Suppressed .50 BMG rifle, provided I finish the re-work of the sight tower by then
    Historic Arms LLC BREN Mk2
    Various and sundry suppressed pistols and black rifles
    Probably the Saiga-12 again
    And if its finished my AR-10

    I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: So what are people thinking of bringing?

      Can we come if we bring NOTHING? Can we put $$ toward ammo or something? I just wanna come for the experience of shooting new weapons - I have nothing of interest to bring.

      s

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: So what are people thinking of bringing?

        Originally posted by hydruh View Post
        Can we come if we bring NOTHING? Can we put $$ toward ammo or something? I just wanna come for the experience of shooting new weapons
        it is indeed possible to do so, but if that's your plan it's really a good idea to have some sort of pre-arrangement with people. folk are always welcome to shoot my long range gear which will be there if (a) you know what you're doing and (b) i have gotten a chance to meet you and talk with you.

        beyond that, there is of course the Class-III rental option that many folks went with last time around. were you considering that? [NOTE - DUE TO NEW LOCATION, RENTAL OF ANY FIREARMS FROM THE RANGE WILL NOT TAKE PLACE. CLASS-III SHOOTING IS A NO-GO AT THE NEW LOCATION]
        Deviant Ollam
        Semi-Professional Swearer
        Last edited by Deviant Ollam; June 26, 2009, 22:20.
        "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
        - Trent Reznor

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: So what are people thinking of bringing?

          If i can make it, I'll probably be packing light.

          30-06 howa w/ long range scope
          SKS with too many mods to list.
          Springfield 1911
          and if i have room (and ammo), the mosin twins.

          Yeah, us Californians are generally pretty limited as to what we can own...
          "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: So what are people thinking of bringing?

            Depends on what airport I fly out of here.. Gun laws in the NE can be just as bad as CA...
            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: So what are people thinking of bringing?

              Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
              I'm going to assume that some folk are planning on bringing their own gear to the DC-Shoot like we saw last year. I spent a couple hours last night reworking the innards of my Pelican long case so that it can accommodate both of my long distance targeting rifles...


              ... i'll also be bringing along a somewhat special surprise for people to play with as part of the marksmanship contest, but you have to attend the Shoot to see it and fire it.

              who else thinks they might be bringing gear?
              I think I'll bring my AK-47, AMD-sidefolder for some fun. (I don't remember if I can bring ammo in the bag or not, but with a gunshow in town I can get some there if they don't have any at the range.
              ~ Sir Beef Wellington Esquire III

              "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -- Alexander Hamilton

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: So what are people thinking of bringing?

                Originally posted by BeefWellington3 View Post
                I think I'll bring my AK-47, AMD-sidefolder for some fun. (I don't remember if I can bring ammo in the bag or not, but with a gunshow in town I can get some there if they don't have any at the range.
                Check your timing. The shoot is happening before the fun show

                I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: So what are people thinking of bringing?

                  Originally posted by BeefWellington3 View Post
                  I don't remember if I can bring ammo in the bag or not
                  how are you getting to DEFCON? air travel? what airline? i have broken down all the pertinent firearm rules and regs for every major carrier here.
                  "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                  - Trent Reznor

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: So what are people thinking of bringing?

                    I'm still in limbo as to whether I can get off work, but I have a few goodies to add to the pile.

                    Mosin Nagant m1891/30
                    Mosin Nagant m44
                    M1 Carbine (slightly modified for increased fun)

                    Nothing as spectacular as a suppressed .50 BMG rifle, but fun nonetheless. Might have more if my paycheck comes in on time.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: So what are people thinking of bringing?

                      Originally posted by foghorn View Post
                      I'm still in limbo as to whether I can get off work, but I have a few goodies to add to the pile.

                      Mosin Nagant m1891/30
                      Mosin Nagant m44
                      M1 Carbine (slightly modified for increased fun)

                      Nothing as spectacular as a suppressed .50 BMG rifle, but fun nonetheless. Might have more if my paycheck comes in on time.
                      In regards to the Nagant, I'd bring one or the other..other than barrel length its functionally the same rifle (and the M44 probably packs up in a suitcase better).

                      Please tell me your M1 Carbine modifications are all legit, if not this was a pretty bad place to toss that out there.

                      I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: So what are people thinking of bringing?

                        Originally posted by noid View Post
                        In regards to the Nagant, I'd bring one or the other..other than barrel length its functionally the same rifle (and the M44 probably packs up in a suitcase better).

                        Please tell me your M1 Carbine modifications are all legit, if not this was a pretty bad place to toss that out there.
                        The M44 definitely packs better, and depending on your ammo, can have one hell of a "big boom fun factor". I've seen a muzzle flash the size of a 5 gallon bucket in broad daylight come out of mine.

                        As for the M1 mods, any illegal modification to any firearm is indeed an unwise choice to begin with. Posting that you've done any here, if you've done any at all of course, would be considerably less wise.
                        "You have cubed asscheeks?"... "Do you not?"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: So what are people thinking of bringing?

                          Originally posted by sintax_error View Post
                          The M44 definitely packs better, and depending on your ammo, can have one hell of a "big boom fun factor". I've seen a muzzle flash the size of a 5 gallon bucket in broad daylight come out of mine.

                          As for the M1 mods, any illegal modification to any firearm is indeed an unwise choice to begin with. Posting that you've done any here, if you've done any at all of course, would be considerably less wise.
                          I have a Nagant..cant remember if its an M39 or an M44, but its still packed in the cosmoline and has been sitting in the back of the safe for years. I should dig that out and clean it up sometime.

                          I return whatever i wish . Its called FREEDOWM OF RANDOMNESS IN A HECK . CLUSTERED DEFEATED CORn FORUM . Welcome to me

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: So what are people thinking of bringing?

                            or you can give it to me and clean and keep safe for the zombie invasion
                            ;)
                            mage2atbleedingwounddotcom
                            KeyID 3B535825D9402365
                            FingerPrint C2AA E142 8826 BAE3 9C2B AA0C 3B53 5825 D940 2365

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: So what are people thinking of bringing?

                              Originally posted by noid View Post
                              In regards to the Nagant, I'd bring one or the other..other than barrel length its functionally the same rifle (and the M44 probably packs up in a suitcase better).

                              Please tell me your M1 Carbine modifications are all legit, if not this was a pretty bad place to toss that out there.
                              Originally posted by sintax_error View Post
                              The M44 definitely packs better, and depending on your ammo, can have one hell of a "big boom fun factor". I've seen a muzzle flash the size of a 5 gallon bucket in broad daylight come out of mine.

                              As for the M1 mods, any illegal modification to any firearm is indeed an unwise choice to begin with. Posting that you've done any here, if you've done any at all of course, would be considerably less wise.

                              Yeah, the M44 is definitely the most fun in terms of "big BOOM". And at $.20/round, the most bang for my buck.

                              The M1 modifications aren't mechanical or length based, they're just added accessories, like a rail and an EOTech. I'm a huge fan of milsurp stuff, I'd never do anything permanent or too crazy to my stuff.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X