No announcement yet.

Bus Fares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heheh... I was gonna question the estimate myself, but I figured maybe I was just out of touch with the nocash brilliance from teenage years; or that maybe it was meant as $300 still needed, on top of some other unknown amount.

I know for me, from a similar distance, it will cost close to 1k once I pay flight, hotel nights 5 (not sharing/splitting).. not to mention food/gambling/vendor.goodies
    if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Holy cow you must be loaded!

Comment

OK i am staying at a hotel with a freind and food is maybe 50 bucks more

Comment

Originally posted by flightling
          OK i am staying at a hotel with a freind and food is maybe 50 bucks more
          FWIW, hope you make it there and back :) is this friend also taking you there, or is that still the bus thing?

Comment

heheh not loaded... just single

flight ~ $370
            room ~ $550
            adm. ~ $ 75
            -------
            $995

Adds up real quick. Not sure how else I could have done it cheaper with only five vdays I could take from work. I did have a group of 7 or 8 of us that was heading down from Maine, which would have killed room cost considerably. By the time May rolled around twas just I set to go....

Comment

I'm budgeting about $1300 for the trip. A good chunk of it will be covered as a "work expense" by my employer. I am going to recoup some more of that through room sharing with a friend. Some of that also includes feeding my fiance.

Comment

You got a fiance? You know what that means, right? She gets into Strippercon for free.

Comment

Would she have to strip? :P

Comment

Why would she NOT want to?

Comment

Can I get into Strippercon free too?! I'm more than willing to take my clothes off... certainly someone will pay me to put them back on, LOL!!!
                      the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

I'd sooner buy the Brooklyn Bridge before I buy another red ticket, but maybe we need an amateur strippercon to at least put some fun into it. Assuming it is legal of course. I take it the vendor area is clothing optional since it is secured? :D

Comment

FWIW, the least I've EVER spent on con was around $500, and that was staying in a cheap offsite motel, and only staying for the weekend.

This year is closer to $2k:

Flight: $330
                          Room: $978 (Alexis loft w/hot tub for 6 nights)
                          Car $184 & gas: $20
                          Entertainment: $50
                          Food: $50
                          Alcohol: $75 (rough estimate, based on what I need and current prices at the class 6)
                          Badge: $75

All except flight, room, and car are conservative estimates. I have quite a few comps for entertainment and food, plus I plan to stock up on some cheap foods while I'm on base. Other entertainment, souvenirs, etc, will be added if time/funds are available.

These figures don't include things that I bought before various cons, like a wireless card, a radio, suitable clothes and luggage, etc.

Unless someone is driving you, letting you crash in their room, and letting you mooch their food & alcohol, con isn't cheap. This is my annual vacation, and I save up for it as such.
                          the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Ok i cant drink so thats less money i have to bring....and food i dont eat much...maybe two small meals a day....and i am staying at the Alexis with some other people paying $25 a night and i am only staying in a hotel for 3 nights....and a pass to get in defcon $75......and a bus ride to Las Vegas $178

Bus ride: $178
                            Hotel: $75 (3 nights $25 a night)
                            Pass:$75
                            Food: Dont know ill bring some extra cash

i was off by $23 well thats pretty good.

Comment

All I can say is that you rock man... To scrounge that much to make it to the con, and be ballsy enough to travel that far, let alone on a bigass bus trip... I'm seriously in awe

Comment

1 Free Meal, if you make it to LV

Originally posted by flightling
                                Food: Dont know ill bring some extra cash
                                Yeah c0nv3r9 is seriously right. Those are some serious brass ones for bussing all the way here.

If you make it I will treat you to one (1) buffet somewhere, so you can gorge yourself :) Send me a PM with a passphrase so I will know it is you, and don't forget it. :)

Comment

Working...
                                X