Bus Fares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airport-AP, $1.25 bus, walk, cab

If you want to get fairly close to the AP from the airport.
    Take the 108 Paradise/Swenson bus (catride.com) and as soon as it crosses Tropicana look out for Harmon cause that is where you want to get off. You will see the Big Ass HardRock Guitar to the West and AP will be just past it on the other side of the road.

Bus runs from 5am to 1 am every half hour. They probably won't let you on the bus if you have a shitload of stuff. Going back to the airport you catch the bus on Paradise - this is sort of a loop route. The bus stop is downstairs and East - ask at the Info Booth.

If I had to walk to the AP, I would catch the Hertz Car Rental or Dollar Car shuttlebus to their lot. Mostly because the walk from the terminal to Paradise is convoluted but it can be done and the 45 min estimate somebody else made is about right - not figuring "getting unlost" time. :-)

Anyway, if the driver asks, tell em you have to do the paperwork at the counter - then go inside, take a leak and then when you come out of the Hertz lot, head left/south and then almost immediately left/East and then left/North again just before the overpass (some pretty awesome wrecked rental cars in this corner of the Hertz lot!) and you will be on Paradise - walk walk walk - cross Tropicana, left at Harmon and you are almost there.

I am going to GUESS that a cab is around $6 and if they ask to take the tunnel or just take the tunnel to get to the AP, the fucker is jacking you so write down the driver/cab info (if you have a camera take a picture of the inside of the tunnel! :-)
    and when you get to the AP tell em you are calling the Cab Authority. If you have shit in the trunk, get that out first. :-)
    You might get a free cab ride or if you are really kickass, you might make some money! Lots of cabbies are decent people so try to tip the cool ones - that's the way Vegas works baby. Airport-AP is not exactly a lucrative run.

I dunno if the AP has an airport shuttle.

NotaFed

Comment

Flightling and the Trop. Chicken. Re: Bus Fares

>Anyone ever know what happened to flightling? Looking at his >last post history

Cool kid. I hope he makes it. Anybody heard from him?
      If he makes it I will try to find him and give him some free Vegas swag. I thought it was great how lots of you offered support.

BTW - the Tropicana has a play tic tac toe against a live chicken gimmick - yeah, the chicken is just trained to peck at a hidden widget - you are actually playing against a computer sim and it gets to go first. Still most of you should be able to wrestle a tie from the sim and it is a great photo op and you can get a coupon for a free deck of cards, entry into the Vegas Gambling museum and some other so so free crap.

NotaFed

Comment

>Did you check airfares? I popped into Expedia and found this right off.

Prob. too late for this year but I would suggest SouthWest and National for cheap flights to Vegas. FYI National is in Chapter 11 and while they probably will be around next year, odds go down if the economy tanks.

NotaFed

Comment

Re: Flightling and the Trop. Chicken. Re: Bus Fares

Originally posted by notafed
          >Anyone ever know what happened to flightling? Looking at his >last post history
          According to his history: 06-27-2002 07:38 PM
          http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.p...=3780#post3780

I got his passphrase either right before or after that post.. but haven't heard a thing otherwise... he didn't mention when he was leaving for the con as in right before leaving... I would imagine that if he took the bus, he should already be on his way... best of luck...

Comment

Originally posted by notafed
            >when you get off the plane you will be at terminal 3. watch your step getting off the plane 'cuz 7.3 feet down the connection ramp is a small run in the carpet. this is on the right, so if you stay on the left you should be fine. 22.39 meters past the first vegas gift shop make a quick right. you should be standing under an LED sign. if the fifth up and twelvth over LED from the right is burnt out, your at the right place. pass the man in the green jacket. he will drop a dollar so don't forget to stop and pick it up. this shouldn't put you behind schedule too much. proceede to the car rental bus center. take the Alamo bus #7. stay away from bus number 23, it has squeaky brakes and a small dent on the front right fender. if bus 7 is not available you can take the Hertz bus #9, but only if jerry is driving....

NotaFed
            wow! dude's thurough...
            ;)
            the fresh prince of 1337

To learn how to hack; submit your request

Comment

Parody by KeLviN

Hey KeLviN!

NotaBad parody but you got some details wrong. :-)

NOTaOriginally posted by notafed
              >when you get off the plane you will be at terminal 3. watch your

sorry there is no terminal 3 only 1, and 2

>step getting off the plane 'cuz 7.3 feet down the connection ?>ramp is a small run in the carpet. this is on the right, so if you
              >stay on the left you should be fine. 22.39 meters past the first >vegas gift shop make a quick right. you should be standing >under an LED sign. if the fifth up and twelvth over LED from the >right is burnt out, your at the right place. pass the man in the

The carpet and LEDs got replaced last week by Creepy Ned.

>green jacket. he will drop a dollar so don't forget to stop and >pick it up. this shouldn't put you behind schedule too much.

Yeah, butt he is a Master pickpocket and will jack you when you bend over.

>proceede to the car rental bus center. take the Alamo bus #7. >stay away from bus number 23, it has squeaky brakes and a >small dent on the front right fender. if bus 7 is not available you

No No No No! The Alamo bus will take you way out to Bermuda and Sunset. Only the Thrifty bus will take you further away from the AP.

>can take the Hertz bus #9, but only if jerry is driving....

Mr. Lewis to you Lord Kelvin. :-)

Who wants to play next!

NotaFed

Comment

all i have to say is...
                WOW

the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

BusT alk

LoRd KeLviN of Nator proclaimed:
                  >all i have to say is...
                  >WOW

Ah yes...Wow...your Lordship...the WOW Superstore is located near the corner of Sahara and Decatur and is the meeting place of NevadaUnderground.org

It is a bazaar of electronics, disc media and disc media accesories and a fair to middlin parade of nubile wimens.

Will you require anything else?

:-)

NotaFed

Comment

no that is all, my lowly imp.

:p
                    the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

That's a heck of a detsiled description, I think I should distribute buschels of grain and lower taxes and buy some soldiers, am I on the right track?

Comment

Vanguard Air Ain't

>Prob. too late for this year but I would suggest SouthWest and >National for cheap flights to Vegas. FYI National is in Chapter >11 and while they probably will be around next year, odds go >down if the economy tanks.

I hope no one is flying in on Vanguard Airlines as they are suspending operations soon cause the piggy bank is empty.

http://www.flyvanguard.com/home.asp

NotaFed

Comment

Lordy lordy

>That's a heck of a detsiled description, I think I should distribute >buschels of grain and lower taxes and buy some soldiers, am I >on the right track?

All I know is that Lord Kelvin of Ator gets around...

http://welcome.to/kelvinatorheaven
                          http://www.kelvinator.com.au/
                          http://www.dreamwater.net/tech/cambie/Kelvinator.htm
                          http://www.wolfstoves.com/Kelvinator/DipCabinets.html
                          http://amcpage.freeyellow.com/amchistkel.html

NotaImp butt lowly

Comment

are you calling me slutty!?
                            the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Cool down!

>are you calling me slutty!?

Nope.

Have you heard of Lord Kelvin?

He is a for real person and famous scientist and kind of pompous.
                              http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/biography/Kelvin.html

Sarcastic info
                              http://zapatopi.net/lordkelvin.html

Have you heard of the Kelvin temperature scale?
                              Yup, named for Lord Kelvin. It starts at absolute zero - which is pretty cold.

So that is why a fridge company called Kelvinator is phunny.

And that is where I am coming from with this thread.

Notafed

Comment

it's where i got my name.
                                :D
                                the fresh prince of 1337

Comment

Working...
                                X