No announcement yet.

Bus Fares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you check airfares? I popped into Expedia and found this right off.

$185 roundtrip
    6:25 PM Depart Orlando (MCO)
    Arrive Las Vegas (LAS) 10:51 PM Thu 1-Aug
    7hr 26mn
    Delta 229 / 2021
    Connect in Salt Lake City (SLC)

It beats a 3.5 day bus ride
    Apex

http://www.shadowbiz.net

Comment

SLC

You should fly into Salt Lake the 31st and Roadtrip with the 801 crew. I've got a hell of a roadtrip planned.
      .: Grifter :.

Comment

I wonder if there will be any other hackers on the planes that some of us will fly in on, it'd be nice to chat with someone besides a used car salesman.

Comment

I usually take a two leg flight from St. Louis, with a layover. Usually in Salt Lake, last year in Texas. Both times the geek:pink ratio rose. 2600 hats are a big hint. I was wearing an NSA shirt last year, which probably made me somewhat visible.

If you are flying near that date, odds are pretty damn good. I certainly remember when I got off the plane last year, and I was waiting for cab at McCarran. A big line, like we were waiting for a rollercoaster. 4 switchbacks, and not a normal person in the bunch. Geeks, feds, and stereotypical hacker-lookin-types as far as the eye could see.
          R.J.
          "All the subtlety of a chainsaw,
          with none of the social graces."

Comment

Originally posted by R.J.
            not a normal person in the bunch. Geeks, feds, and stereotypical hacker-lookin-types as far as the eye could see.
            Isn't that beautiful?

Comment

Heh

I'm getting all misty eyed just thinking about it.

Comment

Sounds like the group gathering at Dave and Busters before the DeathRace.

Comment

Originally posted by astcell
                  I wonder if there will be any other hackers on the planes that some of us will fly in on, it'd be nice to chat with someone besides a used car salesman.
                  There has been many a year that I met people on my flight... especially the second leg, going into Vegas. I become popular fast, because I rent a car, and the wait for a cab is usually significant.
                  the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Hey can ya gimme a ride? Why would the wait for a cab be significant, you'd think they know where the money is. They're not lined up in a row waiting for us?

Don't some of the hotels offer a free shuttle?

While on the subject, what will a cab ride cost from the airport to AP?

Comment

Ok

I become popular fast, because I rent a car, and the wait for a cab is usually significant.
                      You're right, I'm sure it has nothing to do with your breasts.

Comment

How far is AP from the airport? Is walking rather treacherous as far as crime / saftey?
                        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

umm i just looked it up its like 4 miles it would probily take like 45 to and hour to walk/jog to the hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by flightling
                            walk/jog to the hotel.
                            Personally that would kill me, especially if we are talking about doing this in the searing summer time heat. I forgot what time astcell was getting of the plane... but I would take a cab before walking or even jogging <chortle>.

Comment

Vegas

Also, in Vegas, if you're not on the strip, you're pretty much in danger.

Comment

Re: Vegas

Originally posted by Grifter
                                Also, in Vegas, if you're not on the strip, you're pretty much in danger.
                                Oh shit, tell me about it!... I recall about 8 years ago I decided to walk from MGM to Fremont Street... Yeah I know.. it looked smaller on the map.. so it started getting dark.. after the stratosphere the strip turned into ghetto... I got propositioned twice by two whores about 3 blocks apart... finally when I started seeing light again, some homeless dude was sitting on a bench next to his buddy, and said give me some money, and I said "fuck you bum", and he he put something in his hand and him and his friend got up and started walking towards me... I bolt... and they ran after me... the rest of the way to Fremont Street! I was so fucking out of my mind that I no longer wanted to be there, especially because they hadn't given up searching for me... so I jumped on a bus that headed back to the MGM... and this is how I experienced to NEVER LEAVE THE STRIP... NEVER WALK if you can avoid it... For some reason homeless people don't care to hear my opinions...

Comment

Working...
                                X