• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is in Neil's Pants?

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
    So here we go, for Neils matches the trivia question is this:
    "What U.S. city is the largest size in area?"
    Yakutat City, Alaska. I used to think it was Jacksonville, Florida, but it's actually number 5.
    "As Arthur C Clarke puts it, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Here is my corollary: "Any sufficiently technical expert is indistinguishable from a witch"."

Comment

Originally posted by g3k_ View Post
      Yakutat City, Alaska. I used to think it was Jacksonville, Florida, but it's actually number 5.
      Nope, wrong according to the matches. Please provide the square miles, to contest the answer on the matches.
      "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Nope, wrong according to the matches. Please provide the square miles, to contest the answer on the matches.
        Also, I will go ahead and say you won, because the matches are full of shite listing Juneau at 3,108 sq miles. fucking bastard matches.
        "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Originally posted by g3k_ View Post
          Also, DM me your address where you would like the matches mailed to.
          "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Also, I will go ahead and say you won, because the matches are full of shite listing Juneau at 3,108 sq miles. fucking bastard matches.
            Yep. Wikipedia actualy says it's closer to 2.6k sq miles. For those interested, they are off by almost over 5k. Jacksonville boasts it too, which caused me to look it up months ago. PM Incoming.
            "As Arthur C Clarke puts it, "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic". Here is my corollary: "Any sufficiently technical expert is indistinguishable from a witch"."

Comment

Don't think this is over folks...The main prize is still on the table! MacGruber!!!!
              "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Well, Honolulu, HI. The whole Island of Oahu is considered to be Honolulu County.
                DaKahuna

Comment

I can confirm that this contest is 100% legit as I received my excellent Target coupon today. I shall bask in the glory that is white chocolate Reese's whilst thinking of things in Neil's pants.

Thanks for the prize Nikita
                  perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

This is not hard, solve the hints, Google search, you should be able to figure it out relatively easy. By the way, the MacGruber sketch is awesome.
                    "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

This is not hard, solve the hints, Google search, you should be able to figure it out relatively easy
                      i think this is harder than you might imagine it to be. i've been giving it some thought, however. all of my notions are inconclusive, however.

Originally posted by Nikita
                      Bruce Schneier failed.
                      hmm... you've got me here. no amount of googling for "Schneier" and "DEFCON" and "contest" turns up any result. but i could see him trying his hand at the contest i suspect, and i could see him perhaps not succeeding.

Steve Mcqueen shared the title of the location of this event.
                      heh... does it take place in a cooler? McQueen was the "Cooler King" in one of his greatest roles. is the dunk tank cooler?

This event was to hackers as the arena was to gladiators.
                      if we're talking about exerting physical skill... that's one of the few places where it's required at DEFCON.

Women were allowed, despite centuries old traditions forbidding it.
                      heh... women bearing themselves in public? or competing in games of sport head to head against men?

my guess is the Dunk Tank. but i could be way off.
                      "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                      - Trent Reznor

Comment

Originally posted by Deviant Ollam View Post
                        my guess is the Dunk Tank. but i could be way off.
                        No, But because you are having a hard time, I will post some more hints...
                        "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

For MacGruber, What DEF CON event would I be describing with the following hints?

Bruce Schneier failed.
                          Steve Mcqueen shared the title of the location of this event.
                          This event was to hackers as the arena was to gladiators.
                          Women were allowed, despite centuries old traditions forbidding it.

I hope you enjoy this weeks trivia. Your answer must be specific so think wisely before you post :-)
                          Ok, since it's been pretty dead in here I'm thinking you guys think my hints are too hard & you don't get it. Well, that's because If I made it too obvious a simple google search would reveal the answer. I wanted it to be a challenge..so I will add some hints to the hints...

Bruce Schneier failed. This EVENT was not for the weak, it was quite physical. Better known for it's reading & writing skills a popular Linux magazine beat it's PC counterpart despite the over sized physical challenges.

Steve Mcqueen shared the title of the location of this event. Although he didn't count, how many magnificent wonders of the world were there?

This event was to hackers as the arena was to gladiators, Beavis & Butthead, Quake, Halo, Doom, or Command & Conquer. There was honor in a hard fight to the death.

Women were allowed, despite centuries old traditions forbidding it. Not like we could keep it traditional, there would not have been enough salt in all of Las Vegas to throw down to "purify" the events from our deviancy.

Also..of my previous hints 3/4 in a Google search and it's the very first result...*sigh*
                          Last edited by Nikita; April 5, 2010, 16:04.
                          "Haters, gonna hate"

Comment

Sumo Suit and Sumo Wreslting at Defcon... 7?

If I win, I want the award to go to Chris, as my sacrifice to the mods.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretIdentity View Post
                              Sumo Suit and Sumo Wreslting at Defcon... 7?

If I win, I want the award to go to Chris, as my sacrifice to the mods.
                              I think this was called Hacker Death Match (I claim no credit to the actual answer). ;-)
                              "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";

Comment

Originally posted by theprez98 View Post
                                I think this was called Hacker Death Match (I claim no credit to the actual answer). ;-)
                                According to this story, you are right (except for the lack of a "space" between the words "death" and "match".)

Originally posted by this_story
                                A new event at DefCon '99 is the Hacker Deathmatch.
                                Notable wrestling competitors included encryption expert Bruce Schneier against an unknown college student (Schneier lost handily) and a PC World versus LinuxWorld match. PC World took an early lead, then lost quickly to LinuxWorld's lithe contestant.

Comment

Working...
                                X