-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ns-kXeQCMk
    update your 404--=--

Comment

Re: 2010 DEFCON 18 Ninja Party Announcement

epic party will SURELY be epic <_<

Comment

Caezar's challenge/Ninja Party has been one of the reasons to go to con for almost as many years as I have been going to Defcon. (Is Caezar doing his challenge with/at Ninja party again this year?)

As always thank you to Barkode and everyone else involved for hosting some kick ass gatherings and making them a place where we can party as well as *think*!

Comment

I don't think there should be an issue with us getting sponsorship for our party, or anything else for that matter. There's one big underlying reason here that I believe is overlooked.

We, as Ninja Networks, maintain control of everything. We control how Facebook will advertise themselves as our sponsors, where it will happen, how we envision the party, the design and functionality of the badges, the security...everything. This has, and will always be the case. Barkode, nor any of us, would never allow this to change.

This is not to say we don't appreciate Facebook and Lookout both, as well as last year's sponsorship. It is only to say, as with Jeff Moss and Defcon, this is our baby and we know how best to take care of it.

If a corporate entity, or even a very wealthy individual appreciates our efforts, and wishes to help our situation out, and in some small way, become a part of it, great. This just means we're able to continue to do this. Because, quite frankly, our interactions with Defcon and other conventions have helped raise the bar, and without such funding, a lot of this we simply could not get done - at least, not at the level we'd feel comfortable providing.

So, enjoy the efforts to provide you with a place to let your hair down, and allow us to thank the people in our community that we feel have made a difference. Enjoy the debauchery and...

See you at the party.

Hook

Comment

Cant wait.
            tommEE pickles

Comment

Originally posted by almus View Post
              Caezar's challenge/Ninja Party has been one of the reasons to go to con for almost as many years as I have been going to Defcon. (Is Caezar doing his challenge with/at Ninja party again this year?)
              You'd have to ask Caezar. :)

Originally posted by almus View Post
              As always thank you to Barkode and everyone else involved for hosting some kick ass gatherings and making them a place where we can party as well as *think*!
              You're welcome! If you're looking for someone specific to thank on the ground, dig up Chris Nelson (cnelson), my partner in crime on the event stuff. The man is underappreciated.

...and feel free to buy a beer for Amanda 'w0z' Wozniak and Brandon 'cstone' Creighton for losing the last few months of their lives to the Ninja Badge. :)

Comment

Originally posted by capthook View Post
                We, as Ninja Networks, maintain control of everything.
                EVERYTHING.

Hook you crack me up. It's a miracle that we can even get ourselves to Vegas all at the same time. Every year I'm surprised that anything works at all. :)

Hook's still got the poker face. I gave up and I just have ulcers that flare up as DEFCON approaches.

Comment

Originally posted by barkode View Post
                  EVERYTHING.

Hook you crack me up. It's a miracle that we can even get ourselves to Vegas all at the same time. Every year I'm surprised that anything works at all. :)

Hook's still got the poker face. I gave up and I just have ulcers that flare up as DEFCON approaches.
                  I know I've got the gray hair, that's for sure. The best thing about Ninjas is that, when needed, we do come together. All the drama leaves, and then there's just us.

Anyway, enough of the misty eyed crap. Time to count the days left until our livers receive more unwarranted hate from the rest of our bodies!

Comment

ninja == awesome

Breaking down the Vegas party paradigm....... do da dippity

xor
                    Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to making babies, hacking, and youtube videos.

Comment

Looking forward to making it into another one of these!

Thanks again for last year's badge & event. Lots of good memories there.

Comment

Sounds like a good time...w00t ninja FTW

Comment

Hi guys. First timer at Def Con this year. So silly question then:

How does one get invited to the party?
                          “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by RKD View Post
                            Hi guys. First timer at Def Con this year. So silly question then:

How does one get invited to the party?
                            There are presently 2 threads in this forum... The one you replied to and the other one:

FAQ
                            Originally posted by FAQ
                            Q: If I've never had one before, how do I get one?

A: Personally, I struggle with this problem every year. The vast majority of these things go to our long-time friends and family. For the rest, what we try to do is find the best people we can and offer them a badge. It's not a perfect system. What helps is when someone we already know vouches for a new person, or recommends that we give someone a badge. It's sort of like the mob.

If you're totally new to DEFCON and you don't know anyone at all, don't be afraid to just flat out strike up a conversation with someone. Hell, strike up a conversation with me or one of the other Ninjas. We're super friendly (well, most of the time, maybe not first thing Sunday morning...).

Q: What do I need to know before the Con?

A: First, YOU NEED TO BE FOLLOWING @NINJANETWORKS ON TWITTER. This is important. Follow @ninjanetworks on Twitter. Even if you don't have Twitter, download the app to your phone and be ready to use it to read tweets from @ninjanetworks. This is how we'll be distributing real-time information about your badge, and there are time-sensitive events that you will otherwise miss.

Second - get your badge EARLY. Don't wait until Saturday or late Friday. It'll make sense when you see the badge.
                            (Bold emphasis mine.)

Comment

Ah! :) My bad CotMan - didn't explore the forum enough on this. Granted it's a bit annoying when folks ask already answered questions.
                              Anyhow I guess I'm shit out of luck eh(?) - I'm new and I'm late: the worst possible combo. I will play it by ear then.
                              “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Originally posted by TheCotMan View Post
                                There are presently 2 threads in this forum... The one you replied to and the other one:

FAQ

(Bold emphasis mine.)
                                Also, first timer, hit up DC101 talks, 1 PM, Thursday, if you are in town early enough. Not only will you learn how to survive defcon and what sort of total coolness can be found at defcon, you will have the opportunity to win stuff and prizes and things and badges and more stuff and things.
                                "They-Who-Were-Google are no longer alone. Now we are all Google."

Comment

Working...
                                X