http://www.mediafire.com/?ruj34hgdbjru871

Here is the PNG

http://www.mediafire.com/?irpx6t8nril1fs8

Flirzan,
    The blue is color #5591f7

R 85
    G 145
    B 247
    Last edited by KingRat; July 13, 2011, 00:44.

Comment

Re: defcon shoot shirt design ideas

So I typed all this up last night and must have hit preview instead of submit. Damn alcohol.

I made the background on the image transparent (poorly) and tried it out on some different colors. I think the orange and grey look ok, but the yellow I'm not so sure about. Here are the mockups:

Black, for reference:

Grey, front:

Grey, back:

Orange, back:

Yellow, back:

I'd like to preface this next bit by saying I'm not trying to make any money on this, I just want to get as close to break-even as possible. Assuming 40 shirts with this design I should be able to meet the goal of $15 for volunteers and $20 for participants. This will almost exactly cover my costs, as each shirt is almost $17. We can drive this price down by changing to a single color design, which saves about $5/shirt. I like the design the way it is and am willing to pay a little extra for it, what do the rest of you think?

I'd like to come to a decision on color as soon as possible so I can start taking orders. In order to make absolutely certain the shirts get to the desert on time I need to place the order no later than one week from today. Please let me know what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by flirzan View Post
        Please let me know what you think.
        I like the example in black. If you have this on black and the design is as shown, count me in for four black in size "XXL" : I have 3 people in total that have not and will not comment here, and I will pay for their shirts, and collect money from them, even if they decide against getting these.

It is possible that there may be higher demand for shirts this year than previous years, and there may be more people in attendance. Deviant Ollam's suggestion on a pre-order list is a good one, so people can effectively "reserve" tee shirts and decrease the risk that people that expressed early interest can actually get shirts.

Because of flakiness in some attendees, if you go that route it would probably be a good idea to have some mention that such a reservation system is limited time, meaning if people have not collected their shirt within 1 hour of the scheduled time to be at site, that their reserved shirt can be sold to anyone that is willing and able to pay, on-site. (There is no reason for you to take risk in having excess inventory because someone *says* they want a tee, but does not show up, and makes no other arrangements to ensure you get cash.) I've seen things like this with other events, with people excited about a shirt, signing up to get it, and then failing to show up, leaving the tee shirt organizer left with a problem: honor the request at risk of not being able to recover losses, or sell it when you can.

when?
        Originally posted by when?
        Folk arrive at the shoot site between 09:00 and 09:30, with the lines going hot at 10:00.
        As an example, if people have not picked up their "reserved" shirt by 11:00am, make them available for anyone willing and able to buy them. (You can still make exceptions for people if you want, like if someone contacts you to say they will be late, or something else, you can choose to make exceptions in specific cases.)
        Last edited by TheCotMan; July 13, 2011, 11:04.

Comment

Flirzan. I cleaned up the PNG files I posted last night. Should transfer fairly well.
          I like the idea of Black Shirts only. I think we should change the color of the "No Gels, Liquids or Aerosols" to match the wearers responsibilities. I figured that would be the easiest to do. Personally, I wouldn't wear this shirt in Yellow or Orange. You can also add RSO to the lettering and so-forth to match the color.

Comment

looks really awesome. thank you to everyone who worked on this and double thanks to flizran for handling the orders and sales.

please let me know if you'd like to use an email address as a contact method for people requesting shirts. if so, i will post it here and sticky the thread, etc.

i, too, like the black shirt most of all. i will email my volunteers asking them to check this thread to see the finished products, but i suspect many of them will also like the black more than the yellow or orange. i'll let you know.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Those are awesome looking Deviant!

I'm down for any of them except for the yellow personally but I'm a good volunteer and will buy what is offered for RSOs!

Also, will we be able to buy a regular shirt and RSO/Volunteer shirt or will it be based on reserves/first come basis?
              Saving the world one computer at a time...

or possibly destroying, I haven't figured that out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by b0n3z View Post
                Also, will we be able to buy a regular shirt and RSO/Volunteer shirt or will it be based on reserves/first come basis?
                You can buy as many as you like.

*Edited: Immediately after posting this I checked my email and saw that at least some of the RSOs would like orange shirts if they are available, so I will leave that option on the table.

**Edit #2: After conferring with Deviant it seems in the past the volunteers have been allowed up to 5 shirts each at the volunteer price. I will go ahead and offer this as well, and keep my fingers crossed that I don't sell a bunch of volunteer shirts and two participant shirts. ;) If you're on the volunteer list you should have received an email from Deviant with my email address. Feel free to send your color/size requests to me, you will get a response shortly.

For everyone else, I will make an email address available to you in the next day or so where you can send your requests.
                Last edited by flirzan; July 13, 2011, 20:43.

Comment

I'd love to get one, but as everyone knows Hackers come in two sizes, with me falling on the end involving enough x's to excite any hard-core perv. So what is the max size?
                  The f*ck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon? - chs

Comment

Originally posted by snideology View Post
                    I'd love to get one, but as everyone knows Hackers come in two sizes, with me falling on the end involving enough x's to excite any hard-core perv. So what is the max size?
                    The largest size available in the black shirts is 4XL, and in orange it's 3XL. I don't see your name on the RSO/Staff list, so I assume you're not a volunteer, so black would be the color for you.

Comment

Originally posted by flirzan View Post
                      The largest size available in the black shirts is 4XL, and in orange it's 3XL. I don't see your name on the RSO/Staff list, so I assume you're not a volunteer, so black would be the color for you.
                      Black is perfect; alas, 4x isn't. Makes me wonder if I will fit in the lanes :P

Thank you very kindly for your prompt reply
                      The f*ck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon? - chs

Comment

Originally posted by snideology View Post
                        Black is perfect; alas, 4x isn't. Makes me wonder if I will fit in the lanes :P

Thank you very kindly for your prompt reply
                        I'm calling the place printing the shirts tomorrow morning. If you want to PM me with a sufficient number of Xs I can definitely inquire as to their availability.

Comment

All, be sure to wear the shirt while you are shooting, that way it will have gunpowder residue on it. Then put it in a plastic bag until you get ready to fly out.

Then when TSA swabs you and finds residue, report back on your experience!

Comment

Shirts look great! I won't be able to make DC this year, but I'd definitely like to get in on a shirt.

flirzan, YGPM.

Comment

I love the shirt design. I know the orange is more towards the RSO and volunteers to wear for that day but would it be possible to get an orange as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ButterSnatcher View Post
                                I love the shirt design. I know the orange is more towards the RSO and volunteers to wear for that day but would it be possible to get an orange as well.
                                yellow and orange are only for RSO and Security Staff volunteers. that is the policy.
                                "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
                                - Trent Reznor

Comment

Working...
                                X