Who is organizing DefconKids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is organizing DefconKids?

I have a few concerns about who is organizing this. I see that the StealHead user only has 6 posts, all for kidcon. Is he a dupe account, or is he really that new? Has he even been to defcon before?

With the request for personal info about parents and children, who are we giving that info to? I'd like to see all the personal info about the organizer before trusting any children (or their info) to his care.

What will happen to all that personal info after con, what happens if someone steals the stack of papers, someone takes photos, etc. We are all hackers, after all, and I can easily see someone putting all that info up on the web for the lolz.

We all know of someone who is violent, a thief, a pedophile, or any number of other "don't want my kids around them" types, so I think it's reasonable to find out more about the people behind this event. What if a pedophile rents a kid off craigslist and sneaks in, just to upskirt 8 year olds? Think about it.

Kallahar
    --- The fuck? Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Re: Who is organizing DefconKids?

Originally posted by kallahar View Post
    . What if a pedophile rents a kid off craigslist and sneaks in, just to upskirt 8 year olds? Think about it.

Kallahar
    Kallahar,

I hear what you're saying and cannot argue with your questions or statements, however in regards to the last statement about the "renter"

Since DT and StealHead have made it clear that the parent and child should NEVER be separated and need to be together at all times, that will eliminate the opportunity of such a deviate to get near anyone else's kids.

Comment

lol, that's like saying "no thief will ever steal my backpack because it's right next to me!"

Comment

What if a pedophile rents a kid off craigslist and sneaks in, just to upskirt 8 year olds? Think about it.
        Dang, you've put some thought into this...
        if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Reading this again makes me wonder why the pedophile is renting a kid to get into Defcon to abuse a kid rather than just abuse the rented kid.

Comment

while i haven't met StealHead yet (and Kallahar is making an important point, in his customary straight-forward, no-nonsense style, hehe) i do know a number of other individuals who are behind the DefconKids event that are long-standing and highly reputable folk in the scene.

Nico, for example, is the main press liason for DEFCON and Black Hat -- has been for years -- and is a stellar woman through and through... so there are other folk at the helm who are vetted and established.

Still, i think it's an important point to raise and good question to ask just as a matter of routine... we'll see what other details emerge as the event draws nearer. I think all parties will be satisfied and relaxed as it all unfolds.
            "I'll admit I had an OiNK account and frequented it quite often… What made OiNK a great place was that it was like the world's greatest record store… iTunes kind of feels like Sam Goody to me. I don't feel cool when I go there. I'm tired of seeing John Mayer's face pop up. I feel like I'm being hustled when I visit there, and I don't think their product is that great. DRM, low bit rate, etc... OiNK it existed because it filled a void of what people want."
            - Trent Reznor

Comment

Nico is running the show, I work with Nico.

We have other veteran goons also working DefCon kids.

A goon will all ways be stationed just inside the two rooms and will be securing all documentation, checking all appropriate ID and having the parents sign the lawyer like forms. If someone tries to photograph or lift those papers I think we all know what will happen to them.

How about we have a ceremonial shredding and burning of all documentation after the event in the parking lot?

Now a little about me: Last year was my first as a goon, so I would consider myself total inexperienced in the goon world but luckily I am working with very experienced goons that make all the real decisions concerning DefCon Kids.

Hope that clears things up.

Comment

Can I bring my nephew to kidcon?

Comment

Originally posted by StealHead View Post
                  A goon will all ways be stationed just inside the two rooms and will be securing all documentation, checking all appropriate ID and having the parents sign the lawyer like forms. If someone tries to photograph or lift those papers I think we all know what will happen to them.
                  Really? We will?

Just so you know, if someone slips me a few bucks, or a beer, or is a really hot chick who I have no chances with whatsoever but asks me nicely, I'll totally let slip the docs.

Comment

Really, you want the Goons to "guard" the kidcon?

Hahahaha.... I smell shenanigans... just sayin.

Also, I'm with CHS, a good blowjob from a REAL GIRL, (not a Justabill girl) and those docs are hers...
                    --- If you're a snowflake, you're gonna have a bad time.
                    Have you ever BEEN to Defcon?

Comment

Originally posted by dc0de View Post
                      Also, I'm with CHS, a good blowjob from a REAL GIRL, (not a Justabill girl) and those docs are hers...
                      Shit. A good blowjob from a REAL girl and I'll fucking kidnap one of those kids for her.

Comment

How about we have a ceremonial shredding and burning of all documentation after the event in the parking lot?

So, with waivers and all I guess there are some legal questions that come up, im sure your lawyers have handled this but I'd like to ask...

Do you have the waiver available for review beforehand? If you have Defcon staff checking IDs does that mean they will check when the parents leave to make sure they have their kids? What are you suggesting Defcon staff does if a kid tries to leave without a parent? a parent without a kid?

Does the fact that Defcon staff will be checking IDs increase or decrease the liability on Defcon if something happens (hey, they had their staff there, they were negligent etc.)?

IANAL, but I think you would want to keep the liability wavers on hand for years to come, not destroy them at the end of con, you might have to wait until the statute of limitations runs out on anything that you might need the waiver for to prove you are indemnified against whatever somebody might sue over? If this is the case, who keeps the forms? Is there a privacy policy associated with these forms?

Comment

Can I bring my nephew to kidcon?
                          The lawyers are working on the guardian issue.

We will post the lawyer form when we have it, here in the forum and on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by chs View Post
                            Really? We will?

Just so you know, if someone slips me a few bucks, or a beer, or is a really hot chick who I have no chances with whatsoever but asks me nicely, I'll totally let slip the docs.
                            The goons that are working the door's are already set, they are goons that helped organize the event and will be vigilant in making sure that no parent or child leaves independently of each other.

Comment

The goons that are working the door's are already set, they are goons that helped organize the event and will be vigilant in making sure that no parent or child leaves independently of each other.
                              That sounds like a challenge... JOKE.
                              And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X