Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stay at the AP!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    What timeframe is everyone trying to reserve for? I think I am going to try to stay Thursday night-Sunday Night; that is about all I can afford...
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Soybomb
      So it is worth staying at the AP then? This will be the first year it looks like I'll be able to fly out and I was debating the AP or a cheaper hotel, maybe on the strip and take a cab over.
      Taking a cab there seems to suck. I met someone who did it, and he was sorry. Stay somewhere within walking distance. You'll want it when you want to nap. Yeah, I'll be flamed for sacriledge, but my systems start failing after 2.5 hours of sleep for the night.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Soybomb
        So it is worth staying at the AP then? This will be the first year it looks like I'll be able to fly out and I was debating the AP or a cheaper hotel, maybe on the strip and take a cab over.
        Read the first post on this thread, this was the whole reason it was created.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by che
          What timeframe is everyone trying to reserve for? I think I am going to try to stay Thursday night-Sunday Night; that is about all I can afford...
          Check out this thread:
          http://forum.defcon.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=935
          you can estimate from the poll (those that voted at least) when they are planning to arrive.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by blackwave
            Read the first post on this thread, this was the whole reason it was created.
            Read and posted on this one before I read the other one.. oops!
            Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Soybomb
              So it is worth staying at the AP then? This will be the first year it looks like I'll be able to fly out and I was debating the AP or a cheaper hotel, maybe on the strip and take a cab over.
              I strongly recommend it to anyone who that has not been to a con. Stay right at the AP at least once, then decide if future cons should place you elsewhere. As little sleep as you get, it makes things very convenient. The rooms serve more as brief safe havens to keep equipment and regroup before you charge back out into the crowd.
              if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

              Comment


              • #22
                I am staying there for the first time this year. I have always avoided it because I needed to get away for a few hours each night to regroup. Russ and I decided that at least one of us should be on site 24 hours a day for Vendor crap this year though...and I lost the paper rock scissors. We did it via email though...I emailed him that I chose rock...and he replied that he chose paper. I KNEW I shoulda picked scissors!!
                perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

                Comment


                • #23
                  Yes, I have to vote with the AP as well. You can save money by staying elsewhere, but you will not be as immersed in the con as you could be at the AP. Heck you can save money by staying at home too. Even if you have to save all year for it, the AP is worth it.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I have to agree, I dig the AP. (Hehe, that rhymed.) I stayed at the Sahara during ApacheCon and had to head over to the Alexis Park every morning, I'd rather have stayed at the hotel.

                    I won't make that mistake twice. If you are going to a con, try to stay at the hotel hosting it.
                    .: Grifter :.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I am going to hopefully stay at the AP this year. Last year I stayed at that super 8 bullshit right across from the AP. But it still sucked, because if i needed something, it meant walking in tha damned heat across the bullshit streets to get it. So, I would reccomend staying at the ap, cuz i hopefully will, if not, then im a poser monkey fuck....or something along those lines of stupidity.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by nous01
                        if not, then im a poser monkey fuck
                        haha, I am going to use that in the future. I can see myself at the next 2600 meeting saying, "You guys need to reserve your rooms, if not, you are all poser monkey fucks."

                        But seriously, the AP has too many benefits to pass up.
                        .: Grifter :.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Grifter
                          But seriously, the AP has too many benefits to pass up.
                          Yea, like if you get totally drunk you can crawl back to your room and not worry about getting arrested. This alone is worth the cost, think of the bail you will save!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            haha, nice, i feel special, grifter wants to use my nifty saying, and i admire you grifter, i think i met you last dc, you probly dont remember me, but ill make sure to say hi and remind you I was the one with the poser monkey fuck saying.....hehe..oh man im soo pathetic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Grifter
                              I have to agree, I dig the AP. (Hehe, that rhymed.) I stayed at the Sahara during ApacheCon and had to head over to the Alexis Park every morning, I'd rather have stayed at the hotel.

                              I won't make that mistake twice. If you are going to a con, try to stay at the hotel hosting it.
                              Staying at the AP is a totally different experience for goons versus normal attendees. Consider the workload difference between goons that come in, do their job, and go to another hotel to rest... versus those goons that stay on site and are available 24/7 for problems, etc. No reward there at all. And it could explain the sudden burn out of some goons who stay on site.

                              Maybe it's just a problem of moderation. But I've seriously considered staying at the AP. Then I realize what I'm doing.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by russ
                                Staying at the AP is a totally different experience for goons versus normal attendees. Consider the workload difference between goons that come in, do their job, and go to another hotel to rest... versus those goons that stay on site and are available 24/7 for problems, etc. No reward there at all. And it could explain the sudden burn out of some goons who stay on site.

                                Maybe it's just a problem of moderation. But I've seriously considered staying at the AP. Then I realize what I'm doing.
                                Hehe. Well I think that over the past few years there has been a lot of improvement in the way things are run at Defcon. You have to believe, or at least want to believe, that some of that organization has spilled over into the intelligent use of goons.

                                Maybe in years past you were one of the only ones that could be depended on, so they used you a lot. But over the past few years it seems that the focus has shifted to goons that aren't just big players in "the scene", but responsible as well. *Stands with Hands on Hips, Trumpets Play* Hehe. You should try staying at the AP again, you might like it.
                                .: Grifter :.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X