Stay at the AP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 0versight
    Earlier someone mentioned that it was approx 120 dollars, is that rougly the booking cost for the entire Defcon event? or just one day? Well Im not asking for specific prices just something in the ballpark. I'll end up calling probably =\
    depends on who you get and how they feel... but you will generally get quoted 120-140 per night not including tax at the alexis park... this does not include the defcon pass which is 75$USD for all three days.(which is probably what you were asking about) Feel free to check out the FAQ: http://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-11...n-11-faqs.html

... there are a few ladies that have issues via the phone to defcon people, I would suggest to try and get a male to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
      ... there are a few ladies that have issues via the phone to defcon people, I would suggest to try and get a male to help you.
      ** Looks around for OP **

Duck!!

I do agree however, you get different responses from different people. So call back another time if someone is being an ass.
      .: Grifter :.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave

This doesn't always work though... as we found out last year. I'm a very assertive person on the phone, and gave them a piece of my mind when they tried to change the rates on me. One of the guys then called back for me (Chris, maybe?), and got the same bitch... and the same attitude.

I ended up calling the general manager the day before I left, and following up with him and his secretary from the airport on my way in... I only had a brief delay at the counter when the original bitch tried to give me the same run around... the general manager was down there almost right after I arrived to put her in place.

It all comes down to perserverance and following up with the right people... working your way up the chain.
        the fresh princess of 1338

What did I do to make you think I give a shit?

Comment

Originally posted by octalpussy
          It all comes down to perserverance and following up with the right people... working your way up the chain.
          The thing that sucks even worse is that these ppl are all "armored" up for SE jedi mind tricks during this 3-day time period since they know that the person bitching at them is most likely there for a reason. :/ Personally I have never had any issues... though I am guessing this is my year for issues :D w00t... can't wait.

Comment

One of the guys then called back for me (Chris, maybe?), and got the same bitch... and the same attitude.
            It was me. And yeah, she was a total bitch about it. I had a few issues myself, but since I reserve my room way in advance, I was in the clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifter
              It was me. And yeah, she was a total bitch about it. I had a few issues myself, but since I reserve my room way in advance, I was in the clear.
              Ah, that's right... and I do appreciate the attempt. That woman was just determined to be a bitch. I had to talk to her twice more, and her attitude never changed, until the GM got involved.

Comment

So...If you can get past the staff "Stay at the AP!"

Comment

One of the guys then called back for me (Chris, maybe?), and got the same bitch... and the same attitude.
                  Odds of me going out of my way to help someone...Mr. Slim...Meet Mr None:D
                  perl -e 'print pack(c5, (41*2), sqrt(7056), (unpack(c,H)-2), oct(115), 10)'

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                    Odds of me going out of my way to help someone...Mr. Slim...Meet Mr None:D
                    Yeah, I should have known better, hahaha!

(Of course, I won't tell them about how you're really a squishy soft cuddly teddy bear on the inside, Mr. Walk Someone-To-Remain-Nameless Line By Line Through Their Kernel) ;-)

Comment

Yeah, I should have known better, hahaha!

(Of course, I won't tell them about how you're really a squishy soft cuddly teddy bear on the inside, Mr. Walk Someone-To-Remain-Nameless Line By Line Through Their Kernel) ;-)
                      HEY! I NEEDED THAT HELP, DAMMIT!

Comment

my room is booked and ready to go. Also If your going to stay at the AP I suggest booking soon the hotel is really starting to fill up. The number for the AP is 1-800-582-2228.
                        There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

- Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Its really late and my brain is not functioning very well, but if you book your room, do you have to pay right then? Or just when you actually check in the hotel, I've never gone to Defcon or anywhere else in fact.
                          When you reserve your room, a lot of hotels require a deposit.

Comment

Oh thats cool then, I'll see whats up tomorrow , well later today. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Another thing, Rougly how much would it cost for 3 days? has anyone reserved rooms for the entire event?
                            What Hotel are you looking to stay at (The AP?)? What kind of Room are you looking to get?

If the AP:
                            http://www.alexispark.com/rooms/rooms.htm

Comment

LOL Im looking for almost the cheapest rooms @ the Alexis Park Resort, I know they dont have them on the site, I'll call em today.
                              For your sake, I hope they aren't booked.

Comment

I just got off the phone with the Alexis Park and there are still several hundred rooms available for Defcon. So calm down,you still have about a month or so before those will be gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X