No announcement yet.

Stay at the AP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow.. this is bad.. I pay my bills the day they are due, usually no earlier. I tend to do my classwork the night before it is due. I reserve my room for Defcon eight months in advance! I guess we all have to have our priorties.. :p
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by che
      I reserve my room for Defcon eight months in advance!
      you are certainly walking the line there.. DEFCON IS ALMOST HERE! :)

Comment

Originally posted by blackwave
        you are certainly walking the line there.. DEFCON IS ALMOST HERE! :)
        Yup.. odd.. it is hitting me early this year. I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by che
          Wow.. this is bad.. I pay my bills the day they are due, usually no earlier. I tend to do my classwork the night before it is due. I reserve my room for Defcon eight months in advance! I guess we all have to have our priorties.. :p

You say that like there's something wrong with that.
          .: Grifter :.

Comment

Originally posted by che

8 months? HA, I scoff at 8 months. 10 Months..

Comment

Oddly enough...

Originally posted by che
              Yup.. odd.. it is hitting me early this year. I can't wait.
              This is usually about when planning starts in earnest. Seven months is a good run-up time.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifter
                You say that like there's something wrong with that.
                Hehe.. not as far as I am concerend! :)

Comment

Re: Oddly enough...

Originally posted by skroo
                  This is usually about when planning starts in earnest. Seven months is a good run-up time.
                  I started planning in September. Is this wrong?
                  .: Grifter :.

Comment

Re: Re: Oddly enough...

Originally posted by Grifter
                    I started planning in September. Is this wrong?
                    Not at all... damn glad you do! :)

Comment

Well, I just booked a Majestic, but boy, was it a pain. The desk clerk (and then her supervisor) were trying to give me the room for $219 for every night I'm staying, even on the weekdays (which are normally $199), and claiming that "that's the DefCon rate".

I'm going to have a pointed conversation with the general manager tomorrow morning.

Perhaps I should go back to staying in the Premier Suite in the MGM Grand.
                      At least that room had a whirlpool tub big enough to seat 8. :D
                      http://bitshift.org

Comment

Booked full....

...according to the website. Any suggestions for an alternative - preferably close enough to stumble back and forth.

Comment

Re: Booked full....

Originally posted by Thud
                          ...according to the website. Any suggestions for an alternative - preferably close enough to stumble back and forth.
                          Try calling in person, last time I checked for someone else they were stating to the general public they were booked for those three days... but if you say the secret word DEFCON, they may be able to help you... or they really may be full. :) (and they probably think we must be a strange group for everyone to reserve 9 to 5 months ahead of time!)

Comment

yes... I too tried first via the net and it showed no possible way to reserve 7 days straight; and this was relatively late in the game, about a month ago.

Calling the 800 number, the ability to reserve a room for that length was not even questioned or hesitated, once I said the magic word :)
                            if it gets me nowhere, I'll go there proud; and I'm gonna go there free.

Comment

Thanks guys. Owe you a drink.

No problem whatsoever by phone. Said I wanted to make a reservation for Def Con July into August.

4 nights (31st through 3rd, leaving the 4th)

119+tax per night for a 2-bed, 2-person room (129 billed up front)

This is alluded to in earlier posts, but I imagine you could run into some trouble if you look at the website and specifically ask for a 'Majestic' which I think is a higher cost room (199 - 219) and shows as booked full on the web.

At the beginning of the call I was asked if I was the person she spoke to earlier, and she sounded somewhat glad that I wasn't...maybe she had a call along the lines of "Hey bitch! I want a 'Majestic' cheap and don't fuck with me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Thud

At the beginning of the call I was asked if I was the person she spoke to earlier, and she sounded somewhat glad that I wasn't...maybe she had a call along the lines of "Hey bitch! I want a 'Majestic' cheap and don't fuck with me!"

Or perhaps she had a call along the lines of, "Hey, idiot! I want you to honor the rates on your website, which don't match what you're quoting me on the phone after it's too late to cancel without being penalized for so doing!"

But hey, it's fun to assume, isn't it? It makes reality appear to coincide with your fantasy world.

Personally, I'm happy they remember me, and don't want to deal with me again. The feeling's mutual.
                                Last edited by urban; March 27, 2003, 21:20.
                                http://bitshift.org

Comment

Working...
                                X